I fail to see how this is funny.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
That show The Big Bang Theory. Everyone I know loves it and thinks it's hilarious when it's just absolute shite. I even gave it a fair trial and sat through 2 full episodes, it just wasn't funny.
Did you understand any of it? Because alot of the humour's physic's based or an accurate portayal of aspergers syndrome.

ejb626

Aug 6, 2009
Pretty much everything on Adult Swim except Robot Chicken, seriously everything else they air scares the fuck out of me. SuperJail I have a feeling is co-written by the influence of LSD in fact I think it'd be safe to assume that most of the writers for those shows drop acid. Now I have heard good things about Metalocalypse and I watched one episode and it wasn't trippy at least, but I picked a random episode so I was lost, maybe its like RvB you have to watch it from the beginnig or you'll so wrapped up in how much of the plot you missed that you'll miss the jokes.

SilentVirus

Jul 23, 2009
DrEmo said:
SilentVirus said:
Just about anything on the front page of YouTube. (Fred,Shaytards,etc)
With all seriousness here: Does ANYONE think Shaytards is funny or remotely interesting?
I agree. Personally I think that he should start acting his age.

S.R.S.

Nov 3, 2009
Ricky Gervias, Kat Williams wait pretty much GTA 4 I didn't find funny or as funny as what I thought it would be.
Also I like Game Dogs. Are you insane?

sonicmaster1989

Dec 6, 2008
I will say five things: Fred from youtube, Tim and Eric, Game dogs, Will Ferrel, and all of the knock-off sequels to those 90's movies that were popular that no longer contain the funny cast (American Pie, Van Wilder, etc).

asam92

Oct 26, 2008
I cannot understand why people find Curb your Enthusiasm funny, it keeps getting nominated for awards but I just think it sux, i have watched 3 eps of it and still, NOTHING!!!
How I met your Mother is however comedy gold!

asam92

Oct 26, 2008
ejb626 said:
Pretty much everything on Adult Swim except Robot Chicken, seriously everything else they air scares the fuck out of me. SuperJail I have a feeling is co-written by the influence of LSD in fact I think it'd be safe to assume that most of the writers for those shows drop acid. Now I have heard good things about Metalocalypse and I watched one episode and it wasn't trippy at least, but I picked a random episode so I was lost, maybe its like RvB you have to watch it from the beginnig or you'll so wrapped up in how much of the plot you missed that you'll miss the jokes.
Seconded, RvB you have to really concentrate.
Adult Swim is not funny, except Robot Chicken, and sometimes Titan Maximum

Panda Mania

Jul 1, 2009
Nemu said:
Anything that has to do with, and I mean no offense here fellas, but "frat boy humor".

Seriously. Adam Sandler and his ilk? Not funny.

Superbad and other movies like that? Not funny.

I just don't get that low-brow "humor" I guess, I want something a bit more dark and/or intelligent. =/
This. Or maybe it's just because I'm female >.>

tristow

Sep 25, 2009
Irridium said:
Fred from youtube.

I know I shouldn't be suprised about it seeing as how stupid most youtube users are, but seriously, how in the fuck is that even considered to be comedy.
i just read that there is going the be a moive based on fred

twaddle

Nov 17, 2009
-Zen- said:
Sometimes, it's embarrassing to see what people will try to pass off as comedy. You see others laugh, but all you can do is sit there wondering to yourself, How is this funny? How does this elicit laughter? It worries you how some people will think certain material qualifies as humorous. Frightens you, perhaps. Or it just confuses you.

<color=blue>Have you ever come across something that others find hilarious, yet you yourself find humorless? If so, which ones strike you as the most confusing?

Atop the Fourth Wall has this effect on me. I just don't see how Linkara is considered funny. Perhaps I'm not familiar enough with comics to appreciate his style, but then again, it's not as though his schtick is made up of nothing but references to comics, like he's the Dennis Miller of graphic novels. His jokes just fall flat, pure and simple.

Another example is Game Dogs. Do I even need to elaborate?

EDIT:

Let's leave Dane Cook out of this. He's too obvious an answer.
dammit you cut my first sugestion

Lim3

Feb 15, 2010
The Mighty Boosh, Will Ferrel, Bruno (i sat though a cinima of people laughing their heads off).

Stuff with toilet humor and where they try and get shock value.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
kyosai7 said:
Monty Python
Oh, you have to be kidding. [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SeinfeldIsUnfunny]

I'd hate to beat that horse, but I'm gonna say Fred. My sister introduced him to me and my friend, and neither of us laughed once. Why he's so well known, I'll never know.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
EDIT: Sorry, my comp cut the original post out or something.
I gotta admit, I don't find Nostalgia Critic all that funny. He's cool when he's being a critic, alright when he's giving us his many top elevens. But when he gets to dramatic, with singing or ridiculous exaggerations, I just get annoyed. But some people enjoy it, so good for them.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
xmetatr0nx said:
Well crap, i was going to say Game Dogs...now ill just have to reiterate how crappy game dogs is.
I also dislike game dogs. I'm not much of a fan of unskippable or the escapist news thing either. I've basically just stopped watching them.

AngryPuppy

Feb 18, 2010
I don't know if anyone mentioned these as disliked but i seen a few liked them, Seinfeld & Monty Python... I can't stand either. Also That Guy with the Glasses and 95% of the people on that site, the AVGN, any of the "Movie" movies (Not another teen, disaster, etc.). My list is very long, but these are the ones most talk about that I can't stand.

NeutralMunchHotel

Jun 14, 2009
cainstwin said:
Nanaki316 said:
Family Guy. Yes I know in this day and age everything can be deemed as offensive to some race, religion etc but I believe this show takes things too far.
Snip
I must apologise but I couldn't really understand what you were saying there...

OT: The Mighty Boosh. 'Hey! We can be out there! Goth, goth, pop culture reference, talking animal!'

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Anchorman.

Talk about a letdown. The only part I laughed at was Jack Black, what does that say about the movie?

Angry pirate

May 19, 2009
maddawg IAJI said:
I'm gonna say Two and a Half Men. I've met many people who say they love that show and find it funny, yet at best it will make me chuckle once or twice.
A Two and a half Jokes episode in summary

divorced guy; Im so lonely

Martin sheen's less funny relative; get out of my house

Fat kid; IM TWELVE AND WHAT IS THIS

MSLFR; CHECK OUT THAT CHICK

Chick; (I don't bloody care what she says, its all a variation of giggling and vapidity)

some shit happens

Chick; YOU ARE JERK

MSLFR; FEETS DON'T FAIL ME NOW

Final scene

Lonely guy; I'm so very lonely

MSLFR: No seriously, get out.

Credits

And I thought CSI was predictable.