I fail to see how this is funny.

AnneSQF

Sep 22, 2009
Irridium said:
Fred from youtube.

I know I shouldn't be suprised about it seeing as how stupid most youtube users are, but seriously, how in the fuck is that even considered to be comedy.
Ninja'ed!!!! Fred is just... weird.

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
-Zen- said:
<color=blue>Have you ever come across something that others find hilarious, yet you yourself find humorless? If so, which ones strike you as the most confusing?
Pretty much all the time so the list is too damn long. But of all things...I just can't see the humor in slapstick i.e. people falling and/ or hurting themselves.

misfit119

Dec 24, 2008
Ooh, ooh! Will Farrel can go burn! Him and most of his clique of buddies (Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson namely).

I actually like Linkara since it lets me dork right the heck out in regards to terrible comics I haven't read in years. I think the lisp throws off a lot of people though.

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
Heed my warning:

Dearest Escapists, for the safety of your souls, I recommend you don't watch this video. Any enthusiasm you have for life will be completely drained by the insane amounts of idiocy in this video. No, it is not a RickRoll. On a side-note, if you are stupid enough to watch this video, I dare you to watch...THE WHOLE THING. Dun, dun, duh!

Zacharine

Apr 17, 2009
Caligulove said:
SakSak said:
Slapstick humour and all derivatives and relatives. I simply fail to see the humour in other peole getting hurt.
watch The Three Stooges. If you don't laugh at least a little bit during it... you just have no soul.
Then perhaps Cthulhu has taken it, because I didn't find this example ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3s8sEYzHWQ ) even a single bit funny. Not worthy of even a smile.

I mean seriously, what part of it was supposed to make me laugh?

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I have a friend who likes Tim and Eric and Tom Goes to the Mayor, I loathe the shows and the idiots who make them. They're not funny, not ONE part of it is funny. Apparently they've gone on stage live and just waved their groins around. What the hell do people see in these men?

ffs-dontcare

Aug 13, 2009
I have a bunch of answers:

- Family Guy (and its ilk)
- Chuck Norris jokes
- Those silly, immature "comedy" movies each involving multiple comedy actors from the Frat Pack.
- The X Movie franchise (Scary Movie, Epic Movie, Meet The Spartans, Not Another Teen Movie, etc)
- The Game (and if you happen to be playing this so-called "game", consider yourself immune to "losing" it due to reading about it in this post)

I could probably go on, but meh.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
Daedalus1942 said:
Cpt_Oblivious said:
That show The Big Bang Theory. Everyone I know loves it and thinks it's hilarious when it's just absolute shite. I even gave it a fair trial and sat through 2 full episodes, it just wasn't funny.
Did you understand any of it? Because alot of the humour's physic's based or an accurate portayal of aspergers syndrome.
I understood it. The jokes were just awful.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
OK Escapist, what the hell? I'm aware I'm probably inviting flames, but here goes anyway; I've just read through all 13 pages of this thread and not one single person has mentioned Zero Punctuation. I realise he has a lot of fanboys and this forum, by default, is home to a lot of them, but it can't really be just me, can it? I used to find it hilarious in the early days but now I barely raise a smile. I don't know what the problem is - maybe I'm tired of him making the same sort of jokes, or pandering to his fanboys by ripping games to shreds even when he admits they're good games.

I'm not saying Yahtzee is unfunny - Cowboy Comics is probably the funniest webcomic I ever read. Neither is he a bad reviewer, I really enjoy reading Extra Punctuation for the good points he makes. I just can't find ZP funny anymore.

Reverend Del

Feb 17, 2010
Most of the comedy that comes out of Americas TV heartland just leaves me cold, Game Dogs is beyond the realm of dull and into the mystical kingdom of utter tripe. Lee Evans. Most of the interwebs that purports to be comedy. I do have a sense of humour and it's very very black, but most stuff that tries to be funny falls on it's backside and fails.

pirateninj4

Apr 6, 2009
Cpt_Oblivious said:
That show The Big Bang Theory. Everyone I know loves it and thinks it's hilarious when it's just absolute shite. I even gave it a fair trial and sat through 2 full episodes, it just wasn't funny.
Ugh this...Even someone who classes himself a nerd wants to tear the face off that tall skinny whining fuckwit knowitall prick on that show. Damn he was annoying.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
Thoses 'Charlie the Unicorn' videos from Youtube.

A bunch of my friends discovered them and started quoting it! Urgh, i felt like ramming my fist down my throad and ripping out my organs.

UAProxy

Sep 11, 2009
Irridium said:
Fred from youtube.
Dear lord, this. I actually didn't think he was real at the time, instead just a crazy invention that the iCarly writers came up with (it was summer break and there was nothing to do, don't judge me). Then I found out that it was actually a guest appearance and he actually did exist, and people actually liked the utterly obnoxious things he did, and my faith in humanity dropped another 50 points.

n00beffect

May 8, 2009
I agree with the statement about Game Dogs, though I watch it I do so only out of curriousity.

What I find absolutely STUPID ANNOYING AND COMPLETELY UN-FUNNY is:

-Clips with babies giggling(It's just pointless and stupid, nothing special and nothing you haven't seen or heard!)
-Stupid "Parodies" of famous songs and videos.
-Clips in which people get hurt like falling and making stupid "funny" noises!
-Clips in which they show a person of a different nationality to mine who can't speak our native language properely (that's just retarded and discriminative!)
-FRED!!!
-ShaneDawsonTV
-What the Buck
-NigaHiga
-And every other "popular" YouTube bullsh**!
Dexiro said:
the Dept of Science said:
Jeff Dunham, the Achmed the Dead Terrorist puppet guy
This 1000 times... Everyone i knew went mental over it for like a month.
I gave it a chance and pretty much watched the whole fucking Jeff Dunham DVD and didn't find one bit of it funny.
"I keel you!" Oh i'm sorry was that a joke, seems i forgot to laugh again.
-And this!(up-pointing-arrow-thingy)

In conclusion I would just say that I have a different sense of humor than most people and I am ELATED to see that there are others like me!