I fail to see how this is funny.

SultanP

Mar 15, 2009
Lots of American stand up comedy. Especially black comedians, too much of their stand up is repeating the word ************, and talking about white people being scared of black people, and lots of other racist stuff. It's not really funny to listen to some guy say "Yeah, we eat watermelon, right? And chicken, haha, I am funny. And white people are afraid of us, yeah, and we are poor, and they're not, because we are black."

brainiac2

Jun 15, 2008
I don't like Family Guy, Robot Chicken, any horrible random comedy like that. They occasionally hit on some good things, but most of it is bad. I like Linkara, but the Nostalgia Critic is less funny recently. Also, Youtube poop is REALLY hit or miss. I can't judge Dane Cook properly because I have never seen anything by him.

Pegghead

Aug 4, 2009
Fred, red vs blue and unforgotten realms are all things I have never really laughed at.

Hileo20

Dec 7, 2009
Captain Cook said:
I don't find XKCD funny. I'm not alone either; there's a whole blog full of people who think XKCD sucks.

What I find strange is that many XKCD fans I've told that either called me stupid, said "ur mom", or called themselves superior. And given that I willingly took AP Calculus and Physics in high school, I highly doubt that I'm stupid/they're superior.
completely off topic here, but Physics was optional at your school? Lucky...

sportsboy85

Jun 10, 2009
Broady Brio said:
-Zen- said:
Atop the Fourth Wall has this effect on me. I just don't see how Linkara is considered funny. Perhaps I'm not familiar enough with comics to appreciate his style, but then again, it's not as though his schtick is made up of nothing but references to comics, like he's the Dennis Miller of graphic novels. His jokes just fall flat, pure and simple.
While I understand what you mean, what I don't like is Blistered Thumbs and Game Heroes. There are a few exceptions;
Until We Win
Still Gaming (Only the ones containing Lee and only Lee. Dena is shit to be honest.)
Angry Joe (Some of it.)
Benzaie (Some of it.)

But what I REALLY hate is Handsome Tom and those lot. They are so unlikable.

IamQ said:
Disaster Movie. I hate that film, but most of my friends think it's really good.
Your friends are silly. Very. Very. Silly.
Handsome Tom is awesome on Screwattack and his old stuff. Poor thing that he and Stuttering Craig fell out.

Anyway, I hate all the CBS sitcoms besides The Big Bang Theory Season 1.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Anoctris said:
2 Things spring to mind.

The Aristocrats joke. And fart jokes.

May all who enjoy that kind of humour die slowly of inoperable bowel cancer.
Fart jokes are just about the bottom of the barrel.

The two Bayformers films, I know so many people who thought dogs humping and a mum getting high was funny.

Have to say, I love the Abslom Daak avatar.

slowpoke999

Sep 17, 2009
If I said George Carlin wasn't funny on live world broadcasted TV how long would it take for someone to find me and skin me alive predator style?

[sub]On the contrary I don't find him unfunny[/sub]

Captain Cook

Feb 17, 2010
Hileo20 said:
Captain Cook said:
I don't find XKCD funny. I'm not alone either; there's a whole blog full of people who think XKCD sucks.

What I find strange is that many XKCD fans I've told that either called me stupid, said "ur mom", or called themselves superior. And given that I willingly took AP Calculus and Physics in high school, I highly doubt that I'm stupid/they're superior.
completely off topic here, but Physics was optional at your school? Lucky...
Only three Science classes were required: Physical Science, Biology, and Chemistry. Earth Science, Physics and Astronomy were optional.

BACK ON TOPIC: Fred? I'd kill every video of his with fire if I could. In cases like Fred's videos, The Sturgeon's Law Critic's Corollary gains evidence.

"90% of people are unable to distinguish between crud and non-crud."

Pardon me for the negativity, but it sure feels as if it's true in such cases.

Good Wolf

Feb 18, 2010
I struggle to find most things funny and I often try to see the funny in them but most of the time, laughter doesn't come unforced.

Virtually all american comedy right off the bat. This is everything from Seinfeld to Anchorman, with the exception of the Drew Carey show.

The Office (both versions); Monty Python; I loathe Robot Chicken, Big Bang Theory is another; most american comedians (apart from Rich Hall and the Whose Line lot). I also find the Mitchell and Webb stuff unfunny, especially peep show however I find Mitchell very funny on his own on stuff like Would I lie to You & Quite Interesting.

In fact the people that I really piss myself because of are people like Bill Bailey, Dara O'Briain, Jimmy Carr, Sean Lock etc..

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
I never found family guy or the Simpsons funny and I never tell anyone irl about it because I think they'd probably lynch me.

But there you go. Inserting lines from some parody cartoons into conversations does not make you clever or interesting, it makes you look like you watch stupid cartoons.
I'm not sure why my friends insist on doing that but oh well.

Game Dogs and most comics are pretty much out. I actually find Dane Cook funny. Yeah, I'm gonna get lynched.

escapistraptor

Dec 1, 2009
I love comedy, I love it as a genre more then even sci-fi or fantasy, and can appreciate most all of it from Oscar Wilde to Will Ferrell, if you can believe that kind of range in tastes. The only thing that can never get me to laugh is scatological humor. I don't get how fart jokes are amusing, which is strange because I'm amused by physical comedy, which is the same kind of barbaric, quick entertainment.

bernthalbob616 said:
The title sounds like someone showed Fred videos to Darth Vader.
I can't stop hearing it now.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
-Zen- said:
Sometimes, it's embarrassing to see what people will try to pass off as comedy. You see others laugh, but all you can do is sit there wondering to yourself, How is this funny? How does this elicit laughter? It worries you how some people will think certain material qualifies as humorous. Frightens you, perhaps. Or it just confuses you.

<color=blue>Have you ever come across something that others find hilarious, yet you yourself find humorless? If so, which ones strike you as the most confusing?

Atop the Fourth Wall has this effect on me. I just don't see how Linkara is considered funny. Perhaps I'm not familiar enough with comics to appreciate his style, but then again, it's not as though his schtick is made up of nothing but references to comics, like he's the Dennis Miller of graphic novels. His jokes just fall flat, pure and simple.

Another example is Game Dogs. Do I even need to elaborate?

EDIT:

Let's leave Dane Cook out of this. He's too obvious an answer.
The only thing I like Linkara about is that HE IS A MAHN!

O.T. AVGN. Honestly, he talks a bout an old shitty game no one cares about anymore or probably never did, and swears alot. Ha ha?

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
Hard to quantify, but boring unoriginal content is the worst for me.

Trauma to the groin. Bodily fluids. Ethnic jokes. Curse laden rants. Etc.

Now, I laughed at this stuff when I was 8, but it got old quick.

I like when a show/film/comedian surprises me, has a situation or says a joke I've never heard before. I guess to quantify it I enjoy silly, odd, nerdy, deadpan type humor.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Napoleon Dynamite. My friends laugh their asses off and I just sit there and think "what the fuck am I doing watching this?"

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
JFuss said:
War Penguin said:
Napoleon Dynamite. My friends laugh their asses off and I just sit there and think "what the fuck am I doing watching this?"
yeaaaaahhhh
i was a bit disappointed with that.
After everyone said how funny it was i watched and i only smiled a couple of times.
Was kinda meh
YAY! Someone who understands!