I GOT TINNITUS! What terrifying illness do you have!

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
I suffer from Hope.

Sure as hell I dont want to hope. I cant stand it.

I also broke my foot 1 1/2 months ago. Its still hurts, im hoping to get a Cane for Christmas. Like House, it seems to allow people to be total Dicks without incurring much wrath.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
I have had Psoriasis since I was 9, luckily now there are fantastic tablets that keep it down, there was never really anything that worked before.
Oh I also have tinnitus, its not bad really, I only hear it in total silence and my PC is usually on at night so the fan noise drowns out the tinnitus thankfully.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Thyunda said:
Nouw said:
Eczema. It's under control for now, I no longer have trouble sleeping :).
My eczema never stopped me sleeping. Instead I wake up unable to actually move the left side of my face 'cause it's so damn dry. On a dry, hot day I become the Phantom of the Opera. It's frustratingly amusing.
Wow, that's terrible D: And I thought my dryness was bad >.>. I hope it gets better soon, mine did from controlling what food I eat.

Trek1701a

Aug 23, 2012
I have the following:
Systematic Sclerosis Sine Scleroderma (rare subset of a somewhat rare disease (~300,000 US), and since I'm male makes it more rare, since the ratio is like 4:1 female:male. I think I had a better shot at winning the lottery)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schleroderma
of which my current symptoms include:
Severe fatigue
Severe muscle aches
GERD (acid reflux)

Reynaud's Disease
Gout
Chronic and Daily Migraines (without Aura), I don't get the pesky warning signs (light sensitivity, nauscea, etc.) just the pain.
Rheumitoid arthritis
Chronic Depression
Tinnitus, only an issue in very quiet rooms though

I think that is it. Although I did have my gallbladder taken out.

I also take medication for high blood pressue and high cholesterol. In total I take 9 different presciptions a day, with some being twice a day.

On the plus side, I must be one of the few older people who still have their wisdom teeth and tonsils.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
I had a severe hormonal imbalance due to my weight - I lost the weight, so that fixed that. Though now I have to eat moderately well and work out often, that's killer on my gaming sessions. :D

I also have a Temporomandibular (*sp) joint disorder. My jaw pops loudly when I talk or chew. So loudly people can actually hear it. It's most likely because I have a tendency to clench my jaws painfully tight through stress or anxiety (which my 'antisocial' tendencies do not help with). Sometimes I don't even realize how tightly I am clenching until I go to speak or move my jaw in some way. However, the popping seems to have dulled a bit recently. I don't even notice it anymore until someone brings it up, then I hear it for days. -_-;;. My dentist told me as long as it isn't painful and my teeth aren't wearing away , there really isn't any need to make me pay for unnecessary treatment or equipment, but I better tell him when the popping becomes painful or if my jaw starts to lock into place.

I ALSO have a Rifftitis - from watching and enjoying too many Rifftrax videos. Oh hai doggy.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Well, my first experience with a certain kind of rugged mountain plant did lead to my first dip into unconsciousness. Wasn't really a frightening experience, but it was a bit eerie how the lightswitch I was trying to operate suddenly turned into a dimmer wheel and the floor suddenly disappeared. More like slightly unnerving but mainly interesting.

Beyond that, I can't think of anything. I've never been to a hospital as a patient. I think I must have banged my ribs at some point, though. They're slightly unsymmetrical, the lower left edge sort of juts out a bit, but I can't remember anything like that, and I'd imagine a busted rib would hurt enough that even a dopey sod like me would recall it.

As for tinnitus, I do have a ringing noise in my ear when there's no other noises around, but I've always had it, for as long as I can remember. It's not particularly bothersome, I only notice it when I think about it. It'd even be a bit lonely if it ever went away.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
uhhh...I had lenengitus a few weeks ago. My voice was completely dead and It felt like someone pour acid on my inner throat if that counts..
I did have the ROTA virus back when I was nine. Basically it was a mutated version of the flu, minus the sneezing and adding so many more times you throw up. I was contagious for about a month //shivers

Lynx

Jul 24, 2009
I had an acute stomach ache a couple of years ago. Couldn't stand up, felt like menstrual cramps but 50 times worse. I got really afraid that I might have been pregnant (extremely unlikely, but the thought popped up) and that I might be miscarrying or that it might be ectopic. They didn't find anything out of order with me at the hospital, and the pain went away after a day. Pretty sure my uterus just got bored and went ballistic.

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
Blood Brain Barrier said:
I do get deja vu, quite a lot recently actually. It can be terrifying thinking you're reliving the same moment, especially if you're a fan of sci-fi and philosophy and know about things like alien mind-control and the eternal recurrence.

I believe the theory of deja vu is that the brain thinks it remembers what is happening at the present time, so it's purely a malfunction of the memory processes to regard an experience as new. Is that about right?
could be worth getting checked out as the feeling of dejavu is linked to some mental disorders

A.A.K

Mar 7, 2009
I've also got Tinnitus.
Concerts, abusive environment growing up (so there was a lot of screaming) and 2 gun shots at point blank range.
Miraculously, it's not severe to the degree that I can't sleep or it impedes function; but it's there. It's around. You just learn to deal with it.

Coffeejack

Oct 1, 2012
I passed out twice after having stabbing chest pains. The doctor said it was my height, but I chalked it down to eating too many pies.

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
hmm... mild tinnitus... mostly in my right ear... i fired a fake gun that use a minuscule amount of gunpowder that come in those red circles, right next to my ear once

monocular vision... meaning i use my left eye, while my right eye just sits there, doing nothing much at all(i could in fact probably live live without it, while i could not do so readily without my left one)

i guess a mild form of dyslexia... have difficulties distinguishing between left and right on the fly

Rascarin

Feb 8, 2009
Joint Hypermobility Syndrome. My tendons are too stretchy, which in addition to me being freakishly flexible (which is kinda cool, and some people find gross when I show them), also means that various joints of mine dislocate themselves without warning. Most of them I can click back in, but my hip goes quite a lot, and if it does, I can't walk. I have to take a stick with me if I intend to be walking anywhere for more than about ten minutes, because walking makes it pop out too.

Ziame

Mar 29, 2011
Viper1265 said:
Not really an illness but it is terrifying, I have Exploding head syndrome [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome]. Occasionally, (one or 2 times a month) just as I am falling asleep, I hear a loud bang that jolts me awake and gets the adrenaline running making it hard to get back to sleep. Lately it has been more in the form of screeches than bangs and not as loud and jarring. I've had it since childhood but only recently have I been able to put a name to it.
Same here brother. 'Tis annoying as fuck, aint it.

I can also confess that I had a little bug in my ear, and after it was taken out by a doctor, I experience fucking itching every day. For 7 years now.

Full

Sep 3, 2012
Osteogenesis Imperfecta [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002540/] (brittle bone disease for short). I don't have it very severely, I can still walk around and do normal people things, but if you were to perform even a light bro-tap on my shoulder or something my bone will bruise up.

As far as events go, the worst of it was this one time last year I was outside at night, and I just tripped over a small little exposed property marker on the lawn.

Most people would wipe the dirt off their knees, but I managed a shattered kneecap, a cracked femur, a tibula that snapped like a twig, and to top it off, a stray fragment cut up a bunch of my nerves.

I was stuck in a bed for about 3 months. Then was put in a wheelchair for another 3, then crutches for a month, then rehab for another month. And it still didn't even heal correctly.

Stuff like that has happened a few times, but it was then I collectively decided "fuck outside" and started playing more video games. It apparently gives me these sweet blue-tinted scleras though, makes me feel like I have some kind of side effect for super powers.

lechat

Dec 5, 2012
sneezing causes my wrists and elbows to hurt
i know it sounds ridiculous but for the next few seconds after sneezing the pain is near unbearable

snowbear

May 31, 2011
At the tender age of 8 I was submitted to hospital with a pain in my hip. The on call DR didn't believe I was in pain and sent me away. When a week later I could no longer walk or function any more due to the severe pain I was in the DR agree that I wasn't telling fibs.

Turned out I had osteomyelitis in my hip (a bone eating disorder) it took about 18 months in hospital, obscene amounts of morphine, antibiotics, and dozens of operations to clear up.

Safe to say as an 8 year old I was pretty terrified and fecking bored after nearly a year of being bed bound.