I hate this light. I hate it so much, I want to scream. I really, really do. What light do you like?

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
My dorm room has these horrible flourescent lights that hum, have unnatural light, and drive me crazy. I feel like I'm going color blind half the time. I've tried multiple times to get the utility people to at least stop the humming, if they wouldn't take out the bulb. I can't be productive like this, let alone relax or sleep, but my roomate can't deal with desk lamps, for some reason. She needs them on to do her homework, and prefers them on in general...
Its the sacrifice I can make, though, because she's a damn fine roomate in every other way.

I like natural lighting, and warm, natural tones. I don't like flourescent tubes in the least. When looking at screens, I always have to have some other light source. What sort of lighting do you like?

Chickenlittle

Sep 4, 2008
I like natural light, like you, but fluorescent really doesn't affect me much. If it hums, I get rid of it and get something else.

chunkydude84

Feb 1, 2009
I also enjoy natural lighting. The lights at my work always sound like they are going to explode.

Hippobatman

Resident Mario sprite
Jun 18, 2008
My ceiling light is absolutely perfect. It can be adjusted, but I enjoy a semi-dim light, so my eyes won't tire out.

Ignignoct

Feb 14, 2009
Hai2U HEYHEY i herd wAlMart has TONNES of lightbulbs all sorta types u could buy CHEAP $$$$$$ but w/e b/c u do what u do its just sad ur so sad about it atm imo.

Translation: Wal-mart.

iain62a

Oct 9, 2008
I love star/moonlight - you know that light there is sometimes at night. You can probably only see it if you live in a rural area. It's just so beautiful, sometimes I take walks late at night(around 1 in the morning, when theres nobody awake for miles around and I'm the only one there) in it. Northern lights are really nice too.

minarri

Dec 31, 2008
I can relate to your situation wholeheartedly. I hate the humming noise of many fluorescent lights, and the sheer brightness of some is distracting as hell.

To be honest I prefer slightly darker, quiet environments, so anything that doesn't make much noise and that I can adjust the brightness of is probably fine by me.

SmilingKitsune

Dec 16, 2008
I like twilight(no not the film or books), on the other hand I can't stand bright day-light when I'm inside, I don't know why but it makes me really uncomfortable and irritable.

the captain

Nov 20, 2008
I believe that flourescent lights steal your soul. I always feel the life draining out of me anytime I go into a place that uses them. It's all probably part of Thomas Edison's evil plan for imortality

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Chickenlittle said:
I like natural light, like you, but fluorescent really doesn't affect me much. If it hums, I get rid of it and get something else.
I really wish I could, but I'm in a dorm. I could get in trouble for changing something without their permission.
Also, They're really high up in the ceiling. =P

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
I like my light to be dim, just enough to make writing enjoyable and not tiring for the eyes. I almost never use the ceiling light since I have one of those lamps that lets me adjust the level of light. I love em.

kawligia

Feb 24, 2009
You should get some halogen lamps and plug them into the wall. They are only like 15 bucks, they're bright, they're quiet, and they last a long time.

Chickenlittle

Sep 4, 2008
Erana said:
Chickenlittle said:
I really wish I could, but I'm in a dorm. I could get in trouble for changing something without their permission.
Also, They're really high up in the ceiling. =P
Just bug them about it a lot. Eventually, they'll figure it's easier to give in for once than keep putting up with someone complaining.

Jolly Madness

Mar 21, 2008
I use flood lights!
But seriously, I usually don't use any light if I don't have to, the PC screen is more then good enough.