I hate this light. I hate it so much, I want to scream. I really, really do. What light do you like?

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
Generally, I hate having fluorescent lights in my field of vision, but I'm alright with them behind me, because they're too bright.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
orangebandguy said:
Bright enough to see my keyboard clearly.
You look at your keyboard to type? Not making fun of you or anything, I just never considered it.
Well, some people have to. Occasionanlly, when I type my hands are on the wrong keys and I need to look to see where they are.

theklng

May 1, 2008
i keep picturing a mentally unstable man saying the the thread title every time i go check new threads. the transition between elaboration and question is unnatural.

Bulletinmybrain

Jun 22, 2008
Erana said:
Chickenlittle said:
I like natural light, like you, but fluorescent really doesn't affect me much. If it hums, I get rid of it and get something else.
I really wish I could, but I'm in a dorm. I could get in trouble for changing something without their permission.
Also, They're really high up in the ceiling. =P
Then you suck it up and deal with it? Why come here and rant about how much disdain you hold towards it, and then justify it by including a question for the reader?

Jan 9, 2009
Its easy, all you need to do is.
1: Knock out florescent lights.
2: Put lovely light fixtures in its place.
3: Enjoy lovely light fixtures.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
sheic99 said:
MaxTheReaper said:
orangebandguy said:
Bright enough to see my keyboard clearly.
You look at your keyboard to type? Not making fun of you or anything, I just never considered it.
Well, some people have to. Occasionanlly, when I type my hands are on the wrong keys and I need to look to see where they are.
Fair enough. I've done the same thing, but I usually just correct it by feel.
It was hard to adjust on my old key board, it didn't have the bumps on the J and F key.

Maileigh

Mar 14, 2009
There's an odd balance and a usefulness for both kinds.
One hobby of mine is to grow plants either from seedlings or hydroponically, so I can find good uses for either type.

Copter400

Sep 14, 2007
The room I sleep in gets a nice, natural pale-blue light coming in. It's beautiful.

I'm not really opposed to fluorescent light tubes. They're nice and bright, and the ones in my house don't seem to hum much.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
buy a halogen lamp but be careful with the bulb , fingerprints damage the bulb and when on the bulb is very hot as for the lights in your room they use flouresent lights to save money as for the noise that could be the ballast is worn out or the fixture is old ,if there's no lense cover the lights can be harsh and finally buy natural day light flouresent tubes and ask maint to put them in for you

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
I have the same lights in my dorm.
They are terrible, but it's either those or a super desk lamp that is way too strong.
I like natural lighting I guess

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Bulletinmybrain said:
Erana said:
Chickenlittle said:
I like natural light, like you, but fluorescent really doesn't affect me much. If it hums, I get rid of it and get something else.
I really wish I could, but I'm in a dorm. I could get in trouble for changing something without their permission.
Also, They're really high up in the ceiling. =P
Then you suck it up and deal with it? Why come here and rant about how much disdain you hold towards it, and then justify it by including a question for the reader?
If you have that sort of attitude, then why the Hell are you posting in this thread?

Cucumber

Dec 9, 2008
I fear sunlight. Standing under a clear sky makes me feel at unease, even though I enjoy the warmth...

I'm evolving into a creature of the night, that's where I feel at ease...