I hate this light. I hate it so much, I want to scream. I really, really do. What light do you like?

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
Audemas said:
My dorm lights do the exact same thing and there was recently an "accident" involving the lights so now I have no lights except for my computer screen, desk lamp, and tv. Is there a penalty for breaking the lights?
Its got this big glass dome over it; breaking the light would mean risking large, heavy glass falling onto me and all my stuff; I've seriously considered it, though.

chronobreak said:
What's the worst that could happen if you just change them yourself? Inform the maintenance people you are going to do it, and they'll probably stop you right there, and just do it, or if they don't, but the lights and save the receipt. Get the cheapest ones you can, obviously, and written statements from other people in the dorm pertaining to previous inquiries about the lights and unwillingness on the campus to fix them. Probably a lot more work then you'd want to do, but it's up to you.
You need a special screwdriver to get to 'em, apparently, and the ceilings are pretty high.

iain62a

Oct 9, 2008
Ignignoct said:
iain62a said:
I love star/moonlight - you know that light there is sometimes at night. You can probably only see it if you live in a rural area. It's just so beautiful, sometimes I take walks late at night(around 1 in the morning, when theres nobody awake for miles around and I'm the only one there) in it. Northern lights are really nice too.
FUCK YES!

Outskirts of Las Vegas along the mountainous valley edge on a full moon night overlooking the sea of golden lights of The Strip.

Now I'm home-sick.

Thanks a lot, asshole.
Well, at the moment it's past midnight here, and the skies are perfectly clear. The moon is just beginning to wane and The stars are bright. Not a person awake within a mile or two and no cars to be seen.

I think I might just go for a walk right now...

Bored Tomatoe

Aug 15, 2008
Because florescent lights flicker extremely fast, it causes your brain to become exhausted after extended periods of time, due to the constant stimulus of the light flickering. I hate florescent lights as well, I prefer plain lightbulbs and desk lamps... I can deal with sunlight, but it hurts my eyes... Damn light sensitivity.

Alleged_Alec

Sep 2, 2008
I enjoy the dusky kind of half-dark. Yes, I'm quite sensitive to light as well. The computer screen is hurting my eyes at the moment as well. Bloody white/greyish site...

iain62a

Oct 9, 2008
Evilbunny said:
iain62a said:
Evilbunny said:
psypherus said:
I like the light in my room.It's blue-ish
I have a black light too, it's pretty awesome.
Is there really such a thing as black light?
Yeah they have them in clubs and such. It's what makes white stuff glow when you're inside them.
I thought that was ultraviolet light that did that.

EDIT: Wikipedia'd it and see now that it's the same thing. My bad.

Rational-Delirium

Feb 24, 2009
I absolutely hate blue lights. They make everything look... sick. Candlelight is just perfect for playing a nice long game of D&D, but not if they tip over and light your character and the dungeon on fire.

I think it would be best if it were sunset all the time.

peachy_keen

Feb 1, 2009
I remember those! My suggestion is to never use it and buy your own lamps or hang a towel/blanket over the light so it's not so harsh. I've tried both; it works!

Aschenkatza

Jan 14, 2009
Natural Light is my favorite but I'll deal with artificial when I have too. I hate those blue lights though, they just annoy the hell out of me!

..Course.. my keyboard lights up blue but if I had the choice it would be green >.>

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Floresent lights make me cry

Literally

They hurt my eyes, schools tuff because thats the olny lights they have, but I can manage it if I sit near the back and look straight at the bord of my books, looking up kills me

Skalman

Jul 29, 2008
I like the light that isn't. No, really.

I prefer low lit rooms and darkness in general, I find it very soothing.