I Have A Burning Question In Need of Answering

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
You know how some questions sneak up on you and then never leave you alone? Yeah, I have one. Name me an English speaking rock group, with a non-white lead.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Bloc party.
An English band, they're pretty good.

Also regurgitator from Australia.

There's a great old pub rock band you should check out called the wurumpi band that were an australian Aboriginal band in the 80s

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Eyeshine.

Johnny Yong Bosch's group.

Any J-Rock band that's done work in the US without an interpreter counts too.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Dr.Susse said:
Bloc party.
An English band, they're pretty good.
Damn you, I wanted to say them! They are my favorite band!

Also he is gay, which is neat.

Edit: Oh, if we mean english-speaking, not UK "English", then there is also Living Color. Most known for "Cult of Personality" that many here might know from GTA San Andreas.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Lenny Kravitz, though I guess he's a solo artist really. I assume he has a band when playing live.

Cycloptomese

Jun 4, 2015
Baffle2 said:
Lenny Kravitz, though I guess he's a solo artist really. I assume he has a band when playing live.
Yeah, I saw him in the late nineties. There was about nine of them and they were AWESOME!

Also, dammit. Zykon beat me to Fishbone.

DrownedAmmet

Apr 13, 2015
Young the Giant!

Most American group out there! Americans of Indian, French, and Persian descent, and one dude from Ohio!

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
cojo965 said:
You know how some questions sneak up on you and then never leave you alone? Yeah, I have one. Name me an English speaking rock group, with a non-white lead.
The Urge

Fishbone - All black band too actually, not just lead singer. These guys are fucking legends in the rock/ska/funk scene, and they made one of my top 5 favorite songs of all time.

Skindred

Let's see, non-white. Trying to think of any I listen to that aren't just black.

Uh, pretty sure the lead singer for Suicidal Tendencies is latino, but I could be wrong.

Hard to say. I've sort of drifted away from the rock n roll scene, and gone more EDM in the last 2 decades, so I'm not sure about any others. Most of my examples were from the 90's, early 2000's. I'm sure there are others, but I can't think of any. Most of them I don't know what they look like.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Living Color, Sevendust, Bad Brains, Trivium, Anthrax (at times), Rage Against The Machine, Soulfly, Ill Nino, King's X, 24-7 Spyz, Animals as Leaders, Body Count, God Forbid, Thin Lizzy. All I can think of off the top of my head.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
The Trammps. Memorable for "Disco Inferno".

Depending on what you mean by "white", then Queen.

Also, more recently Outkast, memorable for "Hey ya"

Also, the Sugababes, memorable for changing members like they are the Ship of Theseus of mixed-race British pop groups.

EDIt: Oh, right, just rock. Nevermind then.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Thaluikhain said:
Depending on what you mean by "white", then Queen.
Ah, good call here. For some reason, I always forget that Freddie Mercury was actually Indian...