I have been threatened with 4Chan?

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Jack and Calumon said:
Unless you've done something to piss them off, like cruelty to animals, they'll just tell him "Not your personal army." Although after him saying that, you could post his Facebook and they'll troll him.

Nah, I'm kidding. They probably would, but that would be too far...

Right?

Calumon: He's a big bully and big bullies need to be told on 'cos they're big and mean but really they're nice people if you were on his nice side.
Case and point OP, get on /b/ and tell them that he is abusing Calumon.

Hilarity will ensue. :p

Trolldor said:
2: I've been threatened with death, quite honestly and earnestly.
It's a fun experience, isn't it? Just knowing that if they threatened you in person you would snap them like a twig. :p

etherlance

Apr 1, 2009
Thing is, even if he does make a meme out of you.......well the internet has thousands of them every day, out of those thousands, about 10% of them are actually well made enough to be noticed.

Unless this guy creates a meme of God like proportions about you, it will get attention for about an hour before being drowned out by the constant flood of meme's, demotivationals and other like things that are being uploaded as you read this.

And just like the other guys have said, this guy will most likely be the target of about 500 "Not your personal army" comments.
I don't pretend to know 4chan but I think they don't like being used in that sort of way unless it's for a legitimate reason.

As for the weirdest threat I've ever had, here is a short list:

* I will find you and eat your heart
* I'm gonna eat your first born child
* I can trace your gamer tag and find where you live so I can beat the shit out of you
* I'm gonna break your legs and make you watch me rape your mom over a bench
* My dad is a pastor (priest) and I can get him to excommunicate you from the church
(I personally love the previous one as I am an athiest yet he still continued with the threat).

Zack McSleuthburger

Feb 3, 2011
The worst 4chan will do is send you mail making retarded death threats or make phone calls which simply give you the opportunity to counter-troll, which can be hilarious.

And the best threat I've received: "I will force-feed you your own testicles!"

Rhaff

Jan 30, 2011
If they actually pull through, and actually go after you, then they will send som mails, call you a few times, and if they find your address, well then you wont go hungry for a few days.

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
don't worry about it. The guy if he posts you on 4chan will get laughed at. One of the 4chan rules is that they are not your personal army. The person in question has to be either of a serious threat or be hurting others. They haven't heard of you and you don't own any websites which exploit people.

Therefor they won't touch you.hell they may attack the other g uy as a warning.

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
Meh you have two choices

1) go dark for a week or two, just stay of FB and stuff like that untill it blows over

2) (my personal choice) 4Chan aren't as bad as you think, if he does post your email/pics on 4chan you'll most probably only get a maximum of ten emails from the 4chan noobs, your not exactley a legitimate challenge for them (no offense) so they won't bother

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Look mate just learn not to feed the trolls because they can only live off your attention.
Ya he may cook up some shit but it's highly unlikely and if it will happen it will be harmless.

Just go your own way and leave the d*cks in their d*ck corner.

molester jester

Sep 4, 2008
4chan is not his personal army too many newusers on that site get all pumped up about being internet badasses just because the reputation 4 chan has, but anybody who uses it as an actually threat is a Fucking idiot, the worst that will happen is he spams a thread will personal army requests and he gets told to fuck off. In the highly unlikely event that one or two of them do attempt anything, the most it would amount to is them spamming insults on your page just ignore them and they will get bored after an hour.

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
just posting some random dude on 4chan without good reason usually just end up with a "4chan is not your personal army" replies. in some cases posting someone on 4chan have backfired on people also, resulting in major lulz.

the only way this guy could get people to harass you is by trolling them into it, however he does not sound like a verry smart fellow so this is highly unlikely.

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
He has a massive ego to think others will bother aiding him in his mere squabble.

As far as I am informed, you've got nothing to worry about.

Mr.Numbers

Jan 15, 2011
Char-Nobyl said:
New to the internet, are we?

Let me put it simply and somewhat insultingly: you are not important. No one thinks you are important, or worthy of any additional time or effort. You. ran into a random dumbass who didn't know one of the most basic rules of 4chan ("/b/ is not your personal army"). That, or you came across as sufficiently gullible that he knew you'd shat yourself inside-out if he held the ominous specter of Anonymous over your head.

And from this post, I can assume you are one of the following:

A) Young, probably very early teens at the best.

B) Old, and recently discovered the internet.

C) A skilled troll that posted this knowing that the ensuing facepalms and ravings would be several different forms of lulz-y.
Try late teens who has been lurking since he was 6.

I don't fall into any of the categories. I just know some horror stories, this guy was totally threating about it, I justified the fear in a later post because up tiill that point I didn't understand any of the "Not your personal army" thing. Cause I don't go there, I have NOTHING to do with 4chan.

The reason I posted here was 1: Advice outside of googling 4chan, cause no way I want that cookie, 2: Potential lulz, as the case is, about the threat itself.

Don't completely write me off, mate, for treading in potentially dangerous waters and wondering the consequences, no matter how potentially stupid it makes me SOUND, I think it would be stupider if I didn't ask and it was a legitimately worrying situation.

Bro-Tip: Using magnets helps your quotes sound less arrogant ;)
THough I do appreciate any reply at all, so sorry about that last sentence if any offence take :)

ChicagoTed

Aug 5, 2010
Nothing is going to happen the second he posts your picture and facebook address on there the thread will either be deleted immediatly by a janitor or he'll get a flood of posts with ''OP is gay'' or ''not your personal army''.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Mr.Numbers said:
But, all the magnets did was make my screen look funny. :(

Okay, in all seriousness, I may have missed this someplace, but why couldn't you simply defriend him?

Lonely Swordsman

Jun 29, 2009
/b/ is a great force of destruction but it is fickle and not to be controlled by just anyone. Most likely, if he did order an attack on you, it has been redirected at himself.
I would take pity, were he not so foolish as to think he could command 4chan at a whim.

Mr.Numbers

Jan 15, 2011
Starke said:
Mr.Numbers said:
But, all the magnets did was make my screen look funny. :(

Okay, in all seriousness, I may have missed this someplace, but why couldn't you simply defriend him?
It was a bit of a social deadlock, where he was going out with one of my best friends and a lot of my friends do like him, he just has a tinge of Internet power where no-one can do anything about what he says on Facebook cause it's all done far far away....Too many people like that, though not often that BAD.

Naheal

Sep 6, 2009
The idiot doing the threatening is a newfag and will be informed that /b/ is not his personal army. Followed shortly by several gore pics.

Disclaimer: If you're insulted by the term "newfag," don't be. That is a label that will be used on 4chan when/if he goes there (accurate, given the way that 4chan and the term works).

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Just because he can't go on 4chan does not mean he can mobilize anonymous to take you down. Chill out.

jasoncyrus

Sep 11, 2008
A simple solution: One up him by reporting him to the authorities and watch as the cops pick apart his life. Especially if you drop the subtle hint that you suspect he is part of anonymous. Given the hunger the feds have for those people atm, it should give them an excuse to peer at him also.