I Have Gotten Sick of These Kinds of Threads ...

Flailing Escapist

Apr 13, 2011
The Virgo said:
Flailing Escapist said:
Why can't you come up with something more productive than whining about me pointing out a stupid trend here? Should I just shut up and deal with it?

Change wasn't made by people sitting around simply dealing with things. Maybe if enough people start saying "Enough is enough!", we'll see a sharp curve downwards in the number of those kinds of threads. But no, instead of help, you do nothing but babble.

A good day to you too, sir.
I'm not whining about it(you are). I'm pointing it out so that you can CHANGE!

If you saw someone who prefers to mow his lawn with a goat that continuously shits in his (own) yard you can't force him to change. You could point out that shitting goats smell terrible and a lawnmower can get the job done just as easily. And you definately shouldn't go to his neighbors and ***** to them because odds are they've already accepted it.

If YOU want new and exciting threads then why the fuck wouldn't you go start something new and exciting. And I am perfectly content with the threads that exist now. If I wanted something new I would make it myself.

So why don't you ditch the attitude and either accept what is already in place or start a new trend?

That seems more productive to me, but whatever.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
They've actually died down quite a bit recently. You should have seen them a month or two ago.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Flailing Escapist said:
Seriously, if you don't like them don't go to them. I'm not a fan but I don't go to every one I see.

I'm sick of THESE kind of threads. Why don't you use some common sense instead of whining about it.

And why can't YOU come up with something more original? It seems like a better waste of your time than a thread thats as pointless as this.

Learn and get better!

You are aware you contradict yourself, correct? You state that he shouldn?t go to threads he doesn?t like, yet you admit you don?t like his thread, and yet post it as well. You are aware of that, correct?

In other words, you?ve sunk to his level. You can't say "Don't like it, don't watch it" as a blaket defense without accepting the fact that it just as easily turns around agains you.

OT: I don?t really care about them.

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
You wake up in the morning, feeling feeling like P-Diddy. What do you do?

On a more serious note, yeah they wear on me but after a while I just don't click.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
The Virgo said:
Flailing Escapist said:
Seriously, if you don't like them don't go to them. I'm not a fan but I don't go to every one I see.

I'm sick of THESE kind of threads. Why don't you use some common sense instead of whining about it.

And why can't YOU come up with something more original? It seems like a better waste of your time than a thread thats as pointless as this.

Learn and get better!
Why can't you come up with something more productive than whining about me pointing out a stupid trend here? Should I just shut up and deal with it?

Change wasn't made by people sitting around simply dealing with things. Maybe if enough people start saying "Enough is enough!", we'll see a sharp curve downwards in the number of those kinds of threads. But no, instead of help, you do nothing but babble.

A good day to you too, sir.
Actually, the best way to stop a certain type of thread is to just ignore it and everything about it. People don't make those threads to really know what others are playing, they make them for the badges that they get for the people looking at them and posting in them. People post in them because they sometimes try to make jokes, but mostly it's because people like to talk about themselves.

Short answer: Yes, just shut up and bear it. It's not going to change because some, granted it's more than just some on here, don't like it. The more attention you give them, the more they'll continue on.

Here's a tip for life: you're never the only one.

EDIT: Oh, and the thread about the games that people couldn't remember was where they described it and people named it. Just saying. That was also meant for someone else here, but I'm not on my computer and I'm too lazy to go through the whole thread again with my phone.

The Virgo

Jul 21, 2011
Flailing Escapist said:
If you saw someone who prefers to mow his lawn with a goat that continuously shits in his (own) yard you can't force him to change. You could point out that shitting goats smell terrible and a lawnmower can get the job done just as easily. And you definately shouldn't go to his neighbors and ***** to them because odds are they've already accepted it.
Or I could just sneak into his yard one night and shoot the goat.

Flailing Escapist said:
If YOU want new and exciting threads then why the fuck wouldn't you go start something new and exciting. And I am perfectly content with the threads that exist now. If I wanted something new I would make it myself.
*Goes and posts new and exciting thread. Gets buried under mundane crap*

Flailing Escapist said:
So why don't you ditch the attitude and either accept what is already in place or start a new trend?
You mean just accept the status quo? Be a complacent sheep? It's not in my nature to do such a thing!

And like I said before, a lot of actually cool and exciting threads end up getting buried under crap like "The Last Weapon You Used ...".

Flailing Escapist

Apr 13, 2011
CM156 said:
Flailing Escapist said:

Learn and get better!

You are aware you contradict yourself, correct? You state that he shouldn?t go to threads he doesn?t like, yet you admit you don?t like his thread, and yet post it as well. You are aware of that, correct?

In other words, you?ve sunk to his level.

OT: I don?t really care about them.
No, YOU misunderstand.

Right now I feel like the chief of the stupid police. Yeah, I don't like this kind of thread but I'd rather point out WHY I don't like it and hope that they learn rather than ignore it right now. If I can help someone realize how they can improve whatever-it-is-that-they're-bitching-about then I don't have to see another thread like this for a long long time. (hopefully)

Its a cute cat, mother fuckers!

CM156_v1legacy

Mar 23, 2011
Flailing Escapist said:
No, YOU misunderstand.

Right now I feel like the chief of the stupid police. Yeah, I don't like this kind of thread but I'd rather point out WHY I don't like it and hope that they learn rather than ignore it right now. If I can help someone realize how they can improve whatever-it-is-that-they're-bitching-about then I don't have to see another thread like this for a long long time. (hopefully)

Really?

Let me quote the OP
When I first came here it was okay, but now it's ridiculous
He is saying why he doesn't like them. They've gotten out of hand. You jump in and start saying "Don't go to threads you don't like! BTW, I hate this kind of thread". Your logic falls apart.

The point is you said, and I quote
And why can't YOU come up with something more original?
Which is almost to imply that you only have a right to complain if you can do better. Imagine if we did that with everything

Harlief

Jul 8, 2009
I'm getting sick of threads whining about other threads... but each to their own. If you don't like them, don't read them, simple as that.

Flailing Escapist

Apr 13, 2011
The Virgo said:
Flailing Escapist said:
Or I could just sneak into his yard one night and shoot the goat.

Flailing Escapist said:
*Goes and posts new and exciting thread. Gets buried under mundane crap*

Flailing Escapist said:
You mean just accept the status quo? Be a complacent sheep? It's not in my nature to do such a thing!

And like I said before, a lot of actually cool and exciting threads end up getting buried under crap like "The Last Weapon You Used ...".
Yeah, I've been there too. Good threads can get bogged down by all the other samey stuff. But the point is to keep trying. It won't change after a single new thread people who DO like to see new and amazing topics (myself included) have to keep making new and exciting topics until they stick.

The point is:
Yeah, some of the 1000+ of the same threads are stupid to some. But some people must be like them if theres 1000 of them. Keep trying and eventually the tides of change will roll in.
Or the phase will roll over, either or.

Averant

Jul 6, 2010
Nieroshai said:
You wake up in the morning, feeling feeling like P-Diddy. What do you do?

On a more serious note, yeah they wear on me but after a while I just don't click.
I shoot myself. I don't even know who P-Diddy is, but fuck him! He just sounds like a douche.

Anyhoo. Not all of us can be intellectual and start interesting and deep threads. Compare them to celebreties. They exist for the small minded people.

Inane Threads: Because even small minded people need something to read. (and it gets the OP views.)

CM156_v1legacy

Mar 23, 2011
Flailing Escapist said:
CM156 said:
Flailing Escapist said:
No, YOU misunderstand.

Really?

Let me quote the OP
When I first came here it was okay, but now it's ridiculous
He is saying why he doesn't like them. They've gotten out of hand. You jump in and start saying "Don't go to threads you don't like! BTW, I hate this kind of thread". Your logic falls apart.

The point is you said, and I quote
And why can't YOU come up with something more original?
Which is almost to imply that you only have a right to complain if you can do better. Imagine if we did that with everything
I have done better, asshole. (can you see that little yellow flame just under my avatar? I see you have one as well was that thread more amazing that this one is?) That doesn't mean that I'm going to do better this second.

Why don't you try to pay more attention to the conversation the OP and I are having right now instead of trying to interpet his words for him?

Now, now, dear reader. There's no cause to call names. After all, I'm sure we can discuss this as rational adults.

My point is critique is the only way things will get better. Your post amounts to "You can't say something negative if you can't do better!". Again, imagine if we did that with films, games, books, tv, ect.

It's silly.

pspman45

Sep 1, 2010
Its because there are badges for making a post with X number of views or responses
people are Achievement whores

HotKakes

Aug 2, 2008
I guess why they are so prevalent is because of the imaginative nature of the question. It's like playing adlibs but instead of filling in the blank with a random word, you fill in the blank with a digital item you are familiar with. It's small and worth a chuckle when you think about it. However, yes, there are many of these threads online. Normally, I don't post on them since all I need to do is imagine it and I'm humored enough.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
I usually just don't click on them. The idea never really appealed to me.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
i only started seeing them lately. I'm sure they've been around forever though. the first 3 or 4 times it was fun, especially because i play alpha centauri alot, now i just ignore them. just like all the "why do you like my little ponies]?" or "what is your zombie weapon?". sure it's fun the first few times but it gets old fast for me.

BTW;
a missle launcher on the front of a rover to destroy a believing plasma garrison.

because the voice cast is good, the episodes have a coherent plot and the depth sending a good moral message without being preachy, and it's better animated than most other cartoons on today.

provided i can still get hold of my copies of Hatchet and Brian's Winter, a hatchet.

AzureRaven

Jul 21, 2011
I like em. They're often good for a laugh or two. I never make them though. And if it bugs you that much that you're just seeing a thread name like that...then wow. You have the power to ignore them, and they're not harming anyone. You're acting like it's some kind of contagious virus that's going to kill us all.