I haven't been here for over a year. What's changed that I need to know about?

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Vault101 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Mmmm, your defeat tastes like bitter sweet tears of joy.
well I was going to be the matue one here and let it slide...but since you insist on acting like that

Nathan Fillon will not save you...
Nathan Fillion would save us, just he doesnt give a fuck also. :-(

Djaevlenselv

May 3, 2011
The Sterling, as a couple of others have brought up. If you haven't been here in 15 months, you might recall a new video producer recently come over from Destructoid/Youtube who was an insufferable douchebag.

Then he improved his videos immensely and by now is probably one of the best entertainers on the site; like Yahtzee levels of good. The few people who brought him up didn't mention that last part, so they presumably haven't been watching his videos since you were last here either.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
similar.squirrel said:
I'm back! And a lot of you still can't spell, apparently.
Vault101 hardly represents the entire community :p

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
There are no gods, no kings, no masters on this site. This is where the intelligent people come to commute and discuss on the ongoing events on this planet or the next. Also to remark, i have been on this site about 3-4 years i think, and i still have no idea how to really link images, use spoiler bars, even god damn quote, but maybe some day... Also i think i like Vault more than Daystar.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Other than what has already been stated, one of the most important things you need to understand is that Furburt and Hublilub are no longer with us. Gone are the days of those two livening up this rather unstable place.

*sniff*

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
GeneralTwinkle said:
Yeah you can respond to a gif, you just did! :D
Alright, yes, technically I did, but...shut up!

GeneralTwinkle said:
Also, if you come here to chat to people, the brovengers has a pretty awesome chat room.
Just sayin'.
I don't actually know how to make or post a gif, is that a requirement to entry? :p

legendp

Jul 9, 2010
Katherine Kerensky said:
Daystar Clarion said:
-Snip-
Maybe it saw a fly on you, and it was all like 'Watch out Greyfox! I'll save you!', but was a bit too enthusiastic...

Yeah, that's gotta be it.

Also, my dog loves being walked in the rain :D
Possible, but I doubt it. I got along well with that dog before, but one day, it decided to be evil...
I can't trust dogs anymore. But I get along really well with cats.
My step-mum's dog hates being walked in the rain, but it is the only time I'll consider walking him, since it isn't my chore anymore.
I guess I can get lunch instead.
Maybe the dog was having a bad day, dogs have bad days too. Not trusting an entire species of animals because of one dog I think is a little silly. Then again I use to be scarred of dogs until we got one as a pet and now I have no problem with them (love them). Usually if your nice to them they are nice to you (usually)

On topic though, I can't really add anything that hasn't already been said, maybe I will have an appifany (don't think I spelled that correctly) week from now when it is too late to respond. I think Extra Credits leaving and all the current discussion about sexism (and rape) would probably be the biggest thing I can think of at the moment.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
SonicWaffle said:
GeneralTwinkle said:
Yeah you can respond to a gif, you just did! :D
Alright, yes, technically I did, but...shut up!

GeneralTwinkle said:
Also, if you come here to chat to people, the brovengers has a pretty awesome chat room.
Just sayin'.
I don't actually know how to make or post a gif, is that a requirement to entry? :p
The exact same way you post an image, just put the image URL between [ img ] and [ /img ] without the spaces.
You'll have to ask one of the admins though, I'm not responsible for anything like invites.

Ledan

Apr 15, 2009
This is the most awesome thread.

Now I need to get my own profile pic.... or someday when I can be bothered.

OT: No more science news. Could have been gone for longer than a year, but I do miss that sometimes.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
legendp said:
-Snip-
Maybe the dog was having a bad day, dogs have bad days too. Not trusting an entire species of animals because of one dog I think is a little silly. Then again I use to be scarred of dogs until we got one as a pet and now I have no problem with them (love them). Usually if your nice to them they are nice to you (usually).
Let me reiterate what I said earlier. As a small, care-free child, who got along with everyone, a dog I liked and trusted attacked me for no reason. I find that to be a damn good readon not t trust any of them, because if one can do it, any of them can.
And I'd rather not have my trust betrayed like that again. If I don't trust them, and stay the feth away from them, they can't hurt me.

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
Lets see, what has changed?
As for the site:
-Loading Ready Run got a new show that's pretty damn good.
-Jim Sterling came here and was rejected but then improved his show and now is more liked.
-Extra Creditz left the site and is now on Penny Arcade TV (along with a new version of ENN), among other sites
-Escapist started showing trailers.
-Bioware is intensely hated to mildly disliked to still loved depending where you go.
-Critical Miss came and has become the premier web comic of the site. There was another web comic that I didn't pay attention to but it's gone now.
-There was a large influx of threads about rape, feminism, gun control, etc. Don't know what will be next, probably the upcoming elections here in America.
-Way more gifs than is necessary.
-I've posted a few times. Not anything of note, just letting you know.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
Ledan said:
OT: No more science news. Could have been gone for longer than a year, but I do miss that sometimes.
I dunno, there were about three threads about the curiosity rover.

And a thread about an animal that looked like a dick, we can't forget that :D
But in all seriousness, I would be nice to see more news threads that aren't about who's being sexist this time.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Katherine Kerensky said:
legendp said:
-Snip-
Maybe the dog was having a bad day, dogs have bad days too. Not trusting an entire species of animals because of one dog I think is a little silly. Then again I use to be scarred of dogs until we got one as a pet and now I have no problem with them (love them). Usually if your nice to them they are nice to you (usually).
Let me reiterate what I said earlier. As a small, care-free child, who got along with everyone, a dog I liked and trusted attacked me for no reason. I find that to be a damn good readon not t trust any of them, because if one can do it, any of them can.
And I'd rather not have my trust betrayed like that again. If I don't trust them, and stay the feth away from them, they can't hurt me.
My Great Aunt lost her eye to a dog attack when she was a kid D:

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
The7Sins said:
Daystar has helped make this forum shit via an increase of gifs and thread derailing. Honestly its quite annoying and I somehow am perplexed @ the Mods actually allowing this to happen. Well all I can hope is eventually it stops.

Other than that and a new forum layout not much has changed. Same old forums getting worked up over insignificant topics (even if said topics rotate and which they talk about), the site giving some questionable @ best reviews for AAA games, and discussion of Valve as if Gabe is the 2nd coming of Jesus while also being the reincarnation of Buddha, Jim sterling has become popular and actually makes sense now (scary), and Extra Credits left in a big controversy that revealed James @ least as someone not to be trusted.

Except 2 days late!

The threads that become derailed are all pointless ones anyway, and they get a lot more fun when the brovengers get involved!

And I love the way people always blame Daystar... It's not always him!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Matthew94 said:
Fappy said:
Katherine Kerensky said:
legendp said:
-Snip-
My Great Aunt lost her eye to a dog attack when she was a kid D:
She obviously wasn't very great now then was she?

She's great now though. Pretty sure her glass eye can shoot lasers.