I Hit It With My Axe: Episode 13: Aaaah! Rat! Giant Bee!

deadguynotyetburied

Jun 3, 2010
We tended to see enthusiasm waver a bit in clerics when half of our attack plans had the tank hitting this guy, the thief sneaking around here and stabbing that guy, the wizard lighting these people on fire, and the cleric holding the door open.

Orhid

Apr 14, 2009
The idea of the show is good i dont know why this show seems a bit bland to me...

Mayby it's because i dont find the characters fitting for this kind of show... Donno i guess some things just dont work.

Still my personal opinion and it's not like i hate the show. It just does not hit my perticular taste.

Good luck in the future!

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Satine Phoenix posts here on the Escapist sometimes? Boy...that sure makes me feel awkward.

Hi?

FearlessFelix

Jun 10, 2010
deadguynotyetburied said:
We tended to see enthusiasm waver a bit in clerics when half of our attack plans had the tank hitting this guy, the thief sneaking around here and stabbing that guy, the wizard lighting these people on fire, and the cleric holding the door open.
Was this 2nd edition? Man, in 3rd and 3.5, my Clerics and Druids weren't allowing the spotlight to waver one bit! They were the most monstrously powerful classes to play. Wanna play a Necromancer? PLay a cleric. Wanna play a warrior? PLay a cleric. Like being a primary spellcaster that has swallow (whole) as a backup option? PLay a druid. 4th edition has kinda made me shy away from them, but there's a slew of other options.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
chepenoyo said:
eels05 said:
So if I was critical of the show but openly confessed that the stars are attractive would your brain explode with that contradiction.
Alot of the critisism directed towards anyone critical of the series is starting to become predictable.It's actually starting to sound more like second rate pop-psychology.
There's a gentlemanly way to criticize, and then there's just being a hater. The key is don't come in here where we're all looking to have a good time and rain on the parade. I think most of us are reacting to that.

Here's an example of someone being more than gentlemanly with their criticism last week:
Alar said:
Even though I wasn't much interested in this series, I'm still glad to see it's getting fans! I really doubt the Escapist would put up a show that isn't worth watching, but it just wasn't for me.

Good luck on future success!
Opening with the magic words "It's not for me" goes a long way towards defusing any notion that you're trying to tell the rest of us that we shouldn't be having a good time, or taking a jab at the folks who make this show for us. That's fine. As long as you have something else to say, you're probably on the right track. After all, if you just wanted to cast your vote against and leave, well, that's being a bit of a spoilsport, too.

It's possible to be a twit from the fine opening of "it's not for me". You could list the thirty-seven things that all need to be done in order for the crew to change your opinion. You could state with over-the-top fervor the ONE THING YOU CANNOT STAND. Pull either of these moves and you're fooling nobody. But otherwise, sure, there's plenty of room to have opinions other than fawning admiration and still have something to contribute in the forums.

Just be here to have fun with the rest of us, not to pee on our parade. If the thing that keeps you coming back is the dimples in Satine's cheeks when she smiles, that's as valid a reason as any other. Celebrate with us.
Oh my, a gentleman? Why thank you! I try, my good sir or madam, I try.

-munches loudly on nachos, cheese and chip pieces falling down his front-

mandymorbid

Blindheim!
Mar 17, 2010
fleischwolke said:
Did someone say "We did tactically good today"? Also the rat *might* have a disease...pure win.
"We did a good job--tactically--I think, planning that last battle," is what I said. I'm pretty good at speaking English. And my French isn't too shabby either. It's my Hungarian that still needs a lot of work.

Noumenon

Jun 6, 2010
Hiphophippo said:
Satine Phoenix posts here on the Escapist sometimes?
I can't believe it either -- mostly because of all the haters! I just tried looking back at some of the earlier comment threads after I found that post from Mandy with Google, and it's enough to make anybody quit reading. And thirteen episodes later the first few posts are still people complaining, though the signal-to-noise ratio is at least existent now. That just doesn't seem normal. It must be something with the Escapist audience.

I don't suppose these forums have an upvote mechanism so you wouldn't miss posts from the VIPs in long threads? Or a downvote so you wouldn't have to read all the complaining?

Oh, regarding the original person comparing # of comments: Why don't you compare this show to Zero Punctuation when it first started?

# of comments (first ten episodes):
Zero: 91, 129, 315, 187, 111, 95,, 81, 536,, 42, 192
Axe: 474, 294, 139, 109, 119, 83, 155, 149, 108, 89

And of course ZP can boost his numbers by doing a show on Halo 3 (that's where the 536 comments come from).

Kojiro ftt

Apr 1, 2009
Luke Cartner said:
I find it interesting that in earlier videos Justine and Satine were not wearing glasses and now in later videos are wearing glasses.
Not that I'm complaining, as a friend once pointed out glasses = smart = sexy, but I am morbidly curious as to if there is a reason for the change.
Contacts can be uncomfortable for a number of reasons. Could be the air in the apartment is dry. Glasses are often more comfortable for reading, like her character sheet, particularly if the lighting is poor.

fnartilter

Apr 13, 2010
deadguynotyetburied said:
Honestly, I don't think I've ever played D&D in a clean, well-lighted place. Except one time in a library, and they tried giving it a go with one DM and fourteen players. Clean didn't hold up too well.
My group regularly plays at an office building. We use a meeting room so it's clean every time we go there, haha. Though we don't have 14 players either. That would be crrraaazy! You'd need someone to co-DM that, I imagine.

Frankie, remember that the goblins do everything backwards, so if they labelled something as vomit...

mandymorbid

Blindheim!
Mar 17, 2010
Kojiro ftt said:
Luke Cartner said:
I find it interesting that in earlier videos Justine and Satine were not wearing glasses and now in later videos are wearing glasses.
Not that I'm complaining, as a friend once pointed out glasses = smart = sexy, but I am morbidly curious as to if there is a reason for the change.
Contacts can be uncomfortable for a number of reasons. Could be the air in the apartment is dry. Glasses are often more comfortable for reading, like her character sheet, particularly if the lighting is poor.
In general, assume that we are doing things for the same reason anyone NOT being filmed might do them.

There was no conscious planning of the wearing of glasses to appeal to some "girls in glasses are sexy" nonsense. We have Frankie to represent that very very well for us just by being her own cute self.

Noumenon

Jun 6, 2010
Kojiro ftt said:
Could be your contacts get scratchy when you have them in for 24 hours in a row because you've been up all night having an orgy in between back-to-back D&D sessions.

It may not have actually happened that way, but I'm pretty sure I can get someone to write a fanfic of it.

lethargychick

Mar 28, 2010
Noumenon said:
Kojiro ftt said:
Could be your contacts get scratchy when you have them in for 24 hours in a row because you've been up all night having an orgy in between back-to-back D&D sessions.

It may not have actually happened that way, but I'm pretty sure I can get someone to write a fanfic of it.

Oh God, do you think people will start writing IHIWMA fanfic?

Not that I wouldn't read it...

Nonetheless, I consistently enjoy this show. I'm not much of a commenter, but always feel compelled to add my support.

Finally: I want fan t-shirts. Lots of them.

Garaw

Sep 22, 2009
d23 said:
Humppaporo said:
Those gigantic spectacles not only work for Frankie's style but act as protective gear... ya know, like Darth Vader's over sized helmet kept him alive and worked with his totally pimp ass cape to make him an evil overlord instead of the galaxy's shiniest pimp.

I guess what I am saying is that she's like the evil overlord of adorable...
Seconded. I'm pretty much on board with this because of Frankie. She's the sort of nerd-hawt my gaming group could stand a little of.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
Hate! Hate! Hate! Hate! Hate! Haha, what's with people? Lighten up.

Anyways, my liking for the show is continually going up (so much for Archon's statistics, sorry). Maybe it's because I have never played it myself and they react how I probably would react. I also wouldn't have the patience to sit down and play, so it's much more fun for me to watch.