I Hit It With My Axe: Episode 13: Aaaah! Rat! Giant Bee!

I am Jack's profile

Aug 13, 2009
in terms of popular media do You know what i hate... More then anything. ANYTHING.

Nickelback. now i am proveing a point so i won't get into it but(seriously, i could go on and on) And i know there are others like me who hate nickelback

Here is my challange.

search the entire internet. And find one instance where i go to a nickelback thread and start bashing them. Now unless the thread it about bashing them you won't find me... Cause no MATTER HOW MUCH I bash. NICKELBACK IS NOT GOING AWAY.

So here we have this thing evidently alot of people like(cause the escapist keeps it around).

yet people come here episode after episode. Now here we have a double WTF. If you comment on a video before watching it. Your going straight to internet hell. WTF. And if you watched it all the way through then commented on how much you hated it. WTF

So either say somthing nice like "i really liked this episode",
or offer some critism thats relevant.(WTF does cleaning a house have to with anything.)

OR DON'T WATCH THE VIDEOS AND DON'T COMMENT.

THis is the best part. Now i imagine that the escapist knows how many people in total watched an episode of Whatever. So if it's High. They are going to keep it around. Now if it's Really LOW. the escapist would have furthur reason to drop it. So by watching a video that you hate. You have given the escapist one more reason to keep it around.

Luke5515

Aug 25, 2008
I don't know, playing D&D is fun, but to me, just watching people play takes all the fun out of it. Also, the show hops skips and jumps from bit to bit, so it's a little hard to follow.

deadguynotyetburied

Jun 3, 2010
I just noticed the first edition monster manual on the table in the opening of this video. Is it considered unlucky to touch that, or anything?

shlominus

Sep 19, 2008
Low Key said:
I also wouldn't have the patience to sit down and play, so it's much more fun for me to watch.
playing is even more fun than watching someone else, trust me! patience? pfff, totally overrated! just give playing a try and thank me later. ;)

Legend of J

Feb 28, 2010
Zak Sabbath said:
Episode 13: Aaaah! Rat! Giant Bee!

The party escapes the palace, but finds a army of goblins instead of their horses.

Be sure to join the I Hit It With My Axe Facebook Fan Page here [http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/I-Hit-It-With-My-Axe/394132172089].

Watch Video

Heres an idea why don't you throw in like a jurrassic park/lost world land of the last style would be really good to see.

We had one it was more of a side mission got stuck on a dino island had to escape by getting to the other side (with reteving an essental artifact to stop an apocolipse dragon army).

Just a few t-rexs are always fun specailly to see the players faces drop and rapters alone.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
shlominus said:
Low Key said:
I also wouldn't have the patience to sit down and play, so it's much more fun for me to watch.
playing is even more fun than watching someone else, trust me! patience? pfff, totally overrated! just give playing a try and thank me later. ;)
Well, see, that's the other problem. I don't think I could convince my friends to play let alone create a whole world as the dungeon master. Maybe one day...

FearlessFelix

Jun 10, 2010
@Low Key: I dunno, it's pretty easy to create your own world. If you have any background in sci-fi / fantasy & horror, be it books, films, or video games, your going to have picked up some things that you liked and can spin into the story. A whole wide world breathing and teeming with life, every creature, character, and object named ... is completely unnecessary. The worlds barely a backdrop to the story you want to show. For a first time beginner, it might be best to be really narrow, with a single village / province cut off from the rest of the world and the point being to escape that. In all honesty, my biggest problem has never been creating the world or the story, it's just a ***** to find good fantasy sounding names that work for me.

shlominus

Sep 19, 2008
Low Key said:
shlominus said:
Low Key said:
Well, see, that's the other problem. I don't think I could convince my friends to play let alone create a whole world as the dungeon master. Maybe one day...
if your friends really don't want to play, but you do... play with somebody else! :O a shocker, i know, but it works.

as for creating a world... what felix said. or use any one of the bazillion worlds already out there.

you are running out of excuses there, lowkey. :p

deadguynotyetburied

Jun 3, 2010
Everybody's enthusiasm is remarkable, but keep in mind Low Key may be thinking his group would not be as much fun as watching Connie, Frankie, etc.

IMAGinES

Jun 1, 2009
d23 said:
Those gigantic spectacles not only work for Frankie's style but act as protective gear... I guess what I am saying is that she's like the evil overlord of adorable...
Is there any way I can reverse-report that for sheer awesome? If IHIWMA were Burn Notice, that'd be Frankie's subtitle!

HellsAttack

Aug 25, 2009
I watched the first 5 episodes of this show, had NO IDEA what was going on, and shut it off.

I listen to the official DnD podcasts, the Penny arcade ones are amazing.

Change the way you edit, you cut too much, you're ruining the storytelling.

MissLisa

Apr 1, 2010
HellsAttack said:
I watched the first 5 episodes of this show, had NO IDEA what was going on, and shut it off.
I never had trouble following what's happening on the show, but if you did, you should try watching the more recent episodes. Nobody complains on the forums about them being "hard to follow" anymore.

Also, the first 5 are the least good.

Noumenon

Jun 6, 2010
HellsAttack said:

I listen to the official DnD podcasts, the Penny arcade ones are amazing.
Those seem slow-paced to me. Do you play D&D, or just watch it for entertainment? Maybe I don't need as much context because I know the rules inside and out. I actually prefer not knowing everything about what's going on -- when they say stuff like "Justine has to take her mask off, and we'll all get behind her," I didn't know about her character's powers, but that just made it more interesting to me -- it was like revealing her powers by showing, not telling. The more I have to fill in, the better I like it -- sometimes I read only the last panel of the newspaper comics because the jokes are funnier when you have to figure out how that makes sense.

FearlessFelix

Jun 10, 2010
On a slightly random side tangent: if anyone in the party were to go evil and betray the party, whether for good, evil or just plain stupid, who do you think it would be?

Reason for Question: There's just this random image I have of Justine' (character's) severed head, dripping blood and wreathed with serpents, held up by Mandy in a, back Demon, kind of look. Personally has a very sword and sorcery image in my head (please don't hate me; let's not forget Monica Belluci's gone the same way thanks to Anthony Hopkins in 91's 'Dracula.')

I was on the DnD website and picked up a stat bar on a full fledged Medusa ala' "Clash of the Titans," from a bestiary by Bruce Cordell. Listed as a "Medusa Abomination, level 17 Solo Controller". Helluva lot more badass than the standard one.

BastyNastard

Mar 3, 2010
More Cthulu planned for the not so distant future, but these last two were awesome as always!

Keep fighting the good fight and slay those goblins (and trolls.)

A big fan BastyNastard!

And as a side note getting a good gaming group together is hard work and getting days everyone can do is even harder plenty of respect to you girls and guys for achieving that let alone then posting the results on the web and putting up with the naysayers.

AllLagNoFrag

Jun 7, 2010
Awww.... I started watching IHIWMA last night and am up to the latest episode and I do not like the fact that at the bottom right there is no-
Next Episode: Episode 14: "Episode Name">> :(

Being a person that has never played D&D or ever seen anybody play D&D irl, I judged this show as a person coming to a brand new show, not knowing what to expect. As you can see, I zoomed right through all the episodes and I had a blast.

Great show, and for those that hate it etc, please, shut the fuck up and man up (dont ***** about it, just dont watch it).

On my toes for the next episode.

-On an unrelated note, I do watch a crap load of shows
(listing current shows i am watching, not expecting anybody to care or even read my comment):
The Office (awaiting new season), Bones(awaiting new season), Burn Notice(awaiting new season), Dexter(awaiting new season), Skins(Awaiting new season), Big Bang Theory(awaiting next ep), Chuck(awaiting next ep), Entourage(zooming through it).

Uri

Feb 17, 2010
"Haha Stab stab!", classic

as always fun stuff,
and I might borrow some elements for my own campaign.

Satine Phoenix

Feb 19, 2010
Luke Cartner said:
I find it interesting that in earlier videos Justine and Satine were not wearing glasses and now in later videos are wearing glasses.
Not that I'm complaining, as a friend once pointed out glasses = smart = sexy, but I am morbidly curious as to if there is a reason for the change.
I actually prefer wearing my contacts but I can only wear them for so many hours in a day. I'm highly allergic to garlic & onions and if i've eaten them on accident my eyes are so irritated that I can only wear contacts for a few hours. Since we film for 8 hours at a time I have to switch off. I'm almost blind without my glasses ( 20/600 nearsighted = can only see 10 inches in front of my face... aware of the silly thoughts that might instigate ). I'm glad you think they are sexy, but I feel less sexy in them because I have no peripheral vision :)

~ Satine