I Hit It With My Axe: Episode 14: Bacon, Balloons and Beetles

trooper6

Jul 26, 2008
Great episode...and seriously? Zak is a font of really interesting ideas...and I love the thoughtfulness of the players.

TheEpic_1

Mmmm.. Zephyr Biscut
Jan 8, 2010
i dont know if you guys got a new camera man or its the new locale but this episode was so much easier to watch.

also mandy actually has an incredibly sexy voice as the narrator.

Kragg

Mar 30, 2010
la_cockroach said:
I laughed when Zak did the Beetle voice ( coming from the UK I can say it's pretty damn authentic) great that it showed that he does have vocal range, after voicing almost nothing but goblins so far.
i laughed so hard, i actually didn't "get it" till he did the voice, shame on me

Noumenon

Jun 6, 2010
Did the DM just overtrump himself by putting a pig balloon right after the talking beetles, or did he purposely build multiple interesting ways to escape the goblin lands to give the players a choice? Either way, that idea is being stolen by me.

I didn't even notice there was a new location -- do you move around a lot? My group always plays at the one guy's house who has the chest of minis and the computer screen next to the gaming table.

I liked how the goblin mini rocked back and forth in his imaginary balloon basket.

Meander112

Spiritual Scientific Skeptic
Jan 26, 2010
Another awesome episode of Axe. I love the goblin bitching about his job.

Also, weird food & awesome t-shirts are part-and-parcel of any good gaming group.

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
Great stuff! Pig balloons, the return of Zak's awesome goblin voice, the beetles voice was fantastic also, I got a bit spoiled with the 9-10 minute episodes but this one was way smooth. Just out of curiosity why the change in location? Not a compliment or complaint just a true neutral question ;)

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
"This is wonderful. Best goblin I've had all day."
I love the Beatle-Bettles and if you excuse me I have to make a pig balloon.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
I can't believe I forgot that the stolen beatles were given names of The Beatles. I laughed so much during the beatles end scene with Zak's voice impersonation and saying through the beatles that it was awesome to eat goblin flesh. The best roll was when the Pig Ballon got captured cuz hey, FREE PIG BALLOON right?

Kojiro ftt

Apr 1, 2009
Another fun episode. Zak is a fun DM. And She-Ra: pure win. But I agree with others that the episodes are two short and abridged.

Bakfiets

Feb 18, 2009
Bacon flavored coffee WTF....you Americans have bacon issues.

nice touch on the pig balloons I just kept wondering how the hell you keep the air from going out suffice to say my mind didn't paint me a very pleasant picture :s

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
I'm curious to know how the pig balloons are kept afloat, I'm pretty sure they didn't have access to helium back then like we do now and hot air balloons were still a ways off as well.

Unfortunately short episode this week, can't wait for the next one though, keep up the good work.

Khomatose

Jan 31, 2009
Zak's Beatles impression is the best thing I've heard in a very long time! <3

And it looked like that yummie crispie bacon. I want.

I'm so taking up D&D because of this show!

skibadaa

Jun 13, 2009
With regards to the much celebrated pig balloons, i wonder if Zak has ever seen Invader Zim, in particular the episode entitled "invasion of the saucer morons". If he hasnt he should, and if he has its an awesome reference. Also as a british man i can also agree that his Liverpudlian rendition for the beetles was spot on *doffs cap* :)

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
skibadaa said:
With regards to the much celebrated pig balloons, i wonder if Zak has ever seen Invader Zim, in particular the episode entitled "invasion of the saucer morons". If he hasnt he should, and if he has its an awesome reference. Also as a british man i can also agree that his Liverpudlian rendition for the beetles was spot on *doffs cap* :)
I was just about to ask that. It was all I could think of while I was watching the episode (click for video):

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZRY-qpcjhs#t=3m45s]

Mordicai Caeli

May 1, 2010
Kross said:
skibadaa said:
I was just about to ask that. It was all I could think of while I was watching the episode (click for video):

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZRY-qpcjhs#t=3m45s]
Yeah, I saw the drawing & I was like "Its a Government Pig!"