I Hit It With My Axe: Episode 17: A Dire Situation

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
ThaBenMan said:
"I'M ALIVE!!!"

"... I drank some of your beer."

:)
Well, you know, if you just got brought back from near death, you might want to know why some of your beer is gone. Priorities are important.

vcdaniels

Jan 8, 2010
That is a sweet concept sketch of Mirror. I can't wait to start playing 2ed D&D this weekend.

InvisibleMilk

Nov 19, 2008
Hillarious episode, great work everyone! Mandy is certainly showing leadship skils.
Also Justine, you're gorgeous, never change.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Ahh, I start GMing again this weekend, and this has given me absolutely tons of ideas, cheers Zak, you're awesome :D

Also, that picture of Mirror is gorgeous! Any chance you guys do commissions for other character artwork to save me doing some shitty photoshop? :p

yesferatu

May 26, 2010
We of the Cleric community would like to ask Mandy to put some points into healing skills.
Does your homebrew version include orisons?

Everything will be fine as long as the cleric lives.

LunarTick

Mar 1, 2010
A small horse? Oh, man! Imagine if you loot a small horse! "Did the goblin witch have any magic weapons?" "No, but she did have this small horse." "Awesome!"
You could cast Awaken on it and have adventures with it. I would call him Frederick the Miracle Horse. He would take levels in paladin.
I should give my players more weird shit, like those magic wallnuts, if you crack them up, a tiny magical creature comes out and sings and dances and then just hides away.
But anyway, Zak making the group tense and all, together with the explaination? Loved it.

spookydom

Aug 31, 2009
This has been a really fun episode to watch. I was laughing all the way through. Really good contrast from the last weeks episode which I thought would be a tough act to follow. Zak is the puppet master....and you must dance for him!...YES!.....DANCE!!! Justine and Connies reactions were priceles. seems like you guys were really enjoying this session. Satine I hope your next character is a cyborg wizard ninja superdecepticonattacker with invisability and awsome skills in haberdashery. Excuse the spelling please, am upside down drunk. looking forward to next weeks instalment.

Hexador

Dec 28, 2007
Never thought it would be this fun to watch other people play D&D! Makes me want to find a group and play again. The situational irony you (Zak) used in this episode by letting us know what you were thinking made the girls' reactions priceless! You should try to do that every episode =).

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Yeah, that picture Satine drew of her character is awesome - Zak's not the only talented artist, it seems! Glad they're going to at least make an attempt to res her, although it may be difficult without her heart... it'd be cool if they hired an alchemist to make some crazy magic artificial heart or something.

I would love to make an illustration of some scene out of the group's adventure myself. I just need to go watch some old episodes to pick a good scene and get their characters all straight and everything. And also get off my lazy ass to do it :p

mcspankie

May 8, 2010
Great episode. The only thing that I can think of to make this better is to change Justine from a guest star to a featured player.

Meander112

Spiritual Scientific Skeptic
Jan 26, 2010
Wow. I've never thought of drawing out the looking-up of rules to increase dramatic tension. I'll have to consider that during my next game.

I do love how creative players will get when slow, inevitable death is on the line. Hehe.

Another great episode! Woo!

MasterChief892039

Jun 28, 2010
Good luck rezzing a body with a severed head and no heart. Although I guess physical barriers are of no consequence in a game full of magic and whatnot.

Erick.S

Jun 4, 2010
The bag of flies is for snacks! Goblin morning cereal... well, that and Elvios(TM) - freshly squeezed wood elf hearts.

Either way, very funny episode. The series is on a good roll here.

Hexador

Dec 28, 2007
ThaBenMan said:
I would love to make an illustration of some scene out of the group's adventure myself. I just need to go watch some old episodes to pick a good scene and get their characters all straight and everything. And also get off my lazy ass to do it :p
IMO them running away from the flaming ooze would be great. The visual I have in my head is hilarious.

deadguynotyetburied

Jun 3, 2010
Love you, Satine, but I was with Mandy the whole way. No way I was running back into the middle of a bridge full of goblins trying to get a dead elf, when I've got one friendly left on their feet and three unconscious. That's all we need is for one smart-ass goblin shaman to dispel the cleric's darkness spell when she's right in the middle of the evac. Then what, Frankie drags all five of you back to town?

Daselthechaz

Jun 16, 2010
mcspankie said:
Great episode. The only thing that I can think of to make this better is to change Justine from a guest star to a featured player.
TRUTH!

Seriously though, all that I can see that's kept her from contributing far more to the game is the fact that she seems to continuously start out at -2 HP over and over again. Once her level and abilities catch up a bit to the rest of the world and certain members of the party, her toon could just roll in, quote Sepultura lyrics and lay waste, which I have no doubt she'd do in the cutest way possible. Also, given some of the comments made regarding her professional talents, I can only see the dynamic between Justine and Kimberly getting funnier as one delves further into the island of misfit men for casting decisions and the other sticks with girl on girl interactions.

Seriously.

Satine Phoenix

Feb 19, 2010
Yep, Just turned 30 in May. Its the Philippina in me. Gunna keep me young till i'm 50 then BLAMO... imna turn into yoda.

Mookie_Magnus said:
15 years... That means Satine is 30? Huh... I would have thought most of the girls were in their early twenties, as they don't look that old.