I just finished fallout New vegas.....wow

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Acctually I feel like Ive finished it several times having to redo certain parts for what ever reason

I actually found that.....kind of emotional, especially since it gives you an epilogue about your companions

Im left with the feeling of not being sure If I made the right desicions but I think thats the Idea, I know there would be sacrifices what ever option you chose

I went independant no legion no NCR

yeah great game, will require another playthrough (but not in a long long time)

The Gnome King

Mar 27, 2011
Games that make you feel something - sad, happy; whatever - are the *best* games, in my opinion. It's why I like Bioware games. In both Dragon Ages they give you NPCs to interact with that, for better or worse, you *care* about by the end of the game.

I'm playing through Fallout: New Vegas now. Just finished getting the Bombers to like me and now I'm tying up loose ends. :)

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
I had the same feeling.

I went with the NCR and seeing all the support I'd gathered come in to action felt very gratifying.

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Vault101 said:
Acctually I feel like Ive finished it several times having to redo certain parts for what ever reason

I actually found that.....kind of emotional, especially since it gives you an epilogue about your companions

Im left with the feeling of not being sure If I made the right desicions but I think thats the Idea, I know there would be sacrifices what ever option you chose

That's what a good epilogue does for a game. It's one of the best epilogues in recent memory.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
I gunned every last member of NCR down I hate them >_>
I also brutaly beat down legion then choped each of ceasers limbs off scatered em on a table with body and such beheaded all his men and placed there heads in a fire thencut off there arms stacked em on the throne and then put legs in the other fire thing >_>

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Veldie said:
I gunned every last member of NCR down I hate them >_>
I also brutaly beat down legion then choped each of ceasers limbs off scatered em on a table with body and such beheaded all his men and placed there heads in a fire thencut off there arms stacked em on the throne and then put legs in the other fire thing >_>
i just dismember every Legion and NCR i found and stack them in funny positions

'Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a Nuclear Winter'

every time i heard them say that i was like 'DIE NCR'

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
I supported the NCR they arent perfect but they are the best choice to bring back civilisation. they need a new president though I saved him but he needs to step down.

MasterOfWorlds

Oct 1, 2010
See, I felt the exact opposite. Don't get me wrong, I liked the epilogue at the end telling what happens to everyone and such. I beat the game twice, once for Legion and once for NCR, and I have to say, that I felt like I hadn't really accomplished anything. I mean sure, I made changes and helped people and whatnot, but I never really felt close to anyone in the game. In fact, I think the only people I felt close to at all were Caesar and Veronica, although I really liked Raul too. I felt that Caesar was the only person that really respected my character for what he was able to accomplish and treated him really well, I thought Veronica was a good character and liked her, and Raul's sense of humor is pretty close to my own, so naturally I felt a little bit of a connection with him.

Overall though, I wouldn't say it was really a bad game, I just didn't get as in to it as I did Fallout 3 for some reason. I think that they should have done something different about the karma system in it. Because in my experiences, you pretty much only lost karma when you stole or killed non-aligned people, whereas the only way to really gain good karma was to kill the powdergangers and whatnot. I liked the reputation system, but I think it needs to be tweaked a bit, and I really liked the gun modification system.

The biggest thing that annoyed me about the game was it's apparent lack of side quests. I say this because it seems like no matter what you do, there is nothing you can do in New Vegas that doesn't ultimately effect one of the major players. Because of this, I felt that the game wasn't as open as Fallout 3 and that I pretty much had to choose a side and stick with them through the whole game. Also, I hate the NCR. Not their ideas, not even really their methods, I hate the bureaucracy.

EDIT: Also, there was nothing I found more satisfying in the game than taking out the NCR President with the anti-materiel rifle from the scaffolding on the side of the damn. I can just imagine the look of horror on the crowd's faces when all of the sudden they're covered in president sashimi. I could barely see him through my scope, and I wanted to make sure that the job got done. It was also my only kill in the game with that gun. I pretty much only used the marksman carbine and a silenced sniper rifle for the rest. Although the sniper rifle was more like my assault rifle when I stormed the damn. By the time I finished the game, I was wearing nothing but my underwear (my armor was trached), my 1st recon beret, and my aviators. I popped every head of every black armored ranger I saw. Good times.

Scorched_Cascade

Innocence proves nothing
Sep 26, 2008
I set the Mojave ablaze from end to end. No kings, No Queens, No Lords or Masters (Except glorious Khorne). The wasteland oozed blood, was mostly a giant ghost land and all the factions were broken and buried.

Funny thing was my clip show still made it sound like a fairly nice place to live.

[sub]I still tried all the other choices but this was the one I decided was cannon[/sub]

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
binvjoh said:
I had the same feeling.

I went with the NCR and seeing all the support I'd gathered come in to action felt very gratifying.
I would have gone with NCR as well (I almost did) however I felt that it was kinda the "obvious good" option, and mabye they really arnt that good in the end (plus they wanted me to kill the brotherhood) anyway I was a little concerned about yes-mans "upgrade" how ever I supose the Courier could handle it

anyway I went for a "freinds to everyone" aproach (except for the legion....fuckers...) and I have read that being very good and is the best option for going independant so I think it got a decent ending though it felt bitter sweet

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
My option.

Went NCR, kill all the bad things bad about the NCR, their perfect, but no safehouse key!

Veteran

Jan 3, 2008
Have gone through all the endings bar working for House, Independant Vegas was the one i felt was the best option.

That, and seeing the army of securitrons appear to "remove" General Oliver never ceases to amuse me

It was a fantastic game, if you wanted the best endings you had to put some effort into getting them.

Also
MasterOfWorlds said:
The biggest thing that annoyed me about the game was it's apparent lack of side quests. I say this because it seems like no matter what you do, there is nothing you can do in New Vegas that doesn't ultimately effect one of the major players.
I very much recommend http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37310 to remedy this, Independent side quests were New Vegas' weak point, but the modding community is fixing that.

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
I choose Independent Vegas simply because I really wanted to own it.

I killed Caesar and ate him. Yum.

Hated the Legion (couldn't have it any other way since Boone is my companion while my character is a sneaky speech scientist that hid behind him), disliked the NCR and loved the Kings. I liked the Brotherhood of Steel and Followers so I couldn't support the NCR thoroughly. I too, was worried about Yes Man but my Courier was suspicious enough of robots so that he won't get the upper hand. I hope. Depends on the DLCs I guess.

But there are endings, especially for companions that are sad. Like Lily/Grandma or Boone. Leaves a bitter-sweet taste.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
darth.pixie said:
I choose Independent Vegas simply because I really wanted to own it.

I killed Caesar and ate him. Yum.

Hated the Legion (couldn't have it any other way since Boone is my companion while my character is a sneaky speech scientist that hid behind him), disliked the NCR and loved the Kings. I liked the Brotherhood of Steel and Followers so I couldn't support the NCR thoroughly. I too, was worried about Yes Man but my Courier was suspicious enough of robots so that he won't get the upper hand. I hope. Depends on the DLCs I guess.

But there are endings, especially for companions that are sad. Like Lily/Grandma or Boone. Leaves a bitter-sweet taste.
yeah Yes mans "upgrade" was a little suspicious (but what would a computer program want with power and money? I supose access to Houses "favorite girl")

anyway yeah there was abunch of stuff I missed (such as lily and rauls side quest)

I dont think you could have given boone a happyer ending unless he died, and Veronica....I really dont know if her staying with the brotherhood was the right choice (I left it up to her anyway)

Im not sure what Cass's deal was I think she was fine in the end though she was unsure/or surprised about some of your choices (I went independant)

Judgedread

Mar 1, 2009
I felt depressed at my ending, I took over New Vegas and it apparently became worse than it was already with poverty all through the poorer areas.

Although I think what made me feel worstwas my epilogue about Rex, with a black and white picture of him sitting and panting happily talking about how he ' The dog who had survived 2 wars and a myriad of disasters, finally succumbed to the horrors of the wasteland.

Needless to say I made sure that none of my companions died in my second play through.

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
this isnt my name said:
Personally I think Mr House is the best thing for Vegas.
Allthough I felt bad about the kings.

I like howthe game ties in all your quests, allthough one thing pissed me off was some quests should have had an impact, like "there stands the grass" and "that lucky old sun" they mnetioned the misfits, so they should mention more important things.
You know, I thought House was all right at the beginning too. The man is a tyrant, though. After I watched my epilogue, I felt so stupid for blindly following his orders like he was Andrew Ryan or something.

I'm still not sure if any of the endings can be classified as "best" for the Mojave, which is the sign of great writing, to me.

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Vault101 said:

Did one run-through as a repair-speech-shotguns guy. Sided with Independent Vegas, even talked my way out of the major battles at the end.

Did my hardcore run as an unarmed-sneak-survival guy. Sided with House, fought tooth and nail.

Two very different experiences, and I still don't feel I've covered all the ground I want to cover yet.