I just finished fallout New vegas.....wow

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
The Legion's territory is known to be considerably safer than NCR territory, especially in the Mojave. There is little to no raider activity in Legion-controlled territory, allowing caravans to safely travel without the fear of being attacked. Those living under the Legion may enjoy fewer freedoms than those under the NCR, but this comes at the benefit of increased protection. For this reason, from a purely pragmatic standpoint, when the player chooses which faction to align himself/herself with, it is a much more difficult decision (Mr. House brings economic stability/technology, NCR brings a functioning post-war government, and the Legion brings iron-fisted security). The Legion does not have the overbearing taxes or bureaucracy of the NCR, which makes it ideal for caravans. The Legion taxes mainly on the tribute system in which entire groups pay collectively instead of the individual, this allows caravans to be essentially tax-free. Despite the increased protection and less taxes, the Legion does not have the flourishing economy or corporations the NCR has. Their economy is said to be less than half the size of the NCR, likely due to their single-mindedness towards military affairs and their constant state of warfare.

This entire paragraph....and some of the spoiler videos seem to be why I cant pick a way to end New Vegas....

You can read into how NCR v Legion v House is better but it allows makes you wonder...

What will happen if this is set into motion...

Also: Obsidian can die in a fire for making no Broken Steel for New Vegas and showing you the crimes/success of your actions...

AlternatePFG

Jan 22, 2010
Lt. Vinciti said:
The Legion's territory is known to be considerably safer than NCR territory, especially in the Mojave. There is little to no raider activity in Legion-controlled territory, allowing caravans to safely travel without the fear of being attacked. Those living under the Legion may enjoy fewer freedoms than those under the NCR, but this comes at the benefit of increased protection. For this reason, from a purely pragmatic standpoint, when the player chooses which faction to align himself/herself with, it is a much more difficult decision (Mr. House brings economic stability/technology, NCR brings a functioning post-war government, and the Legion brings iron-fisted security). The Legion does not have the overbearing taxes or bureaucracy of the NCR, which makes it ideal for caravans. The Legion taxes mainly on the tribute system in which entire groups pay collectively instead of the individual, this allows caravans to be essentially tax-free. Despite the increased protection and less taxes, the Legion does not have the flourishing economy or corporations the NCR has. Their economy is said to be less than half the size of the NCR, likely due to their single-mindedness towards military affairs and their constant state of warfare.

This entire paragraph....and some of the spoiler videos seem to be why I cant pick a way to end New Vegas....

You can read into how NCR v Legion v House is better but it allows makes you wonder...

Also: Obsidian can die in a fire for making no Broken Steel for New Vegas and showing you the crimes/success of your actions...
There are simply way too many possible outcomes at the end for them to make a Broken Steel like DLC.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
AlternatePFG said:
Lt. Vinciti said:

There are simply way too many possible outcomes at the end for them to make a Broken Steel like DLC.
-Le Sigh-

I can except that...

Alright... Honest Hearts....is that to much to ask?

GeneralSeasick

Feb 3, 2011
Fallout: New Vegas is awesome!

I just wish there were some more followers that didn't say,

"Oh, you support Caesar? WELL THEN I'M NOT GONNA FOLLOW YOU ANYMORE!"

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Lt. Vinciti said:

you didnt like that all your desicions (even the ones I didnt think much of) had consequences?

while I did like Broken steel for fallout 3 the only real reason was because it fixed the "slap in the face" ending, but the real problem is you jsut keep wandering around...nothing changes, there is no end it dosnt feel like you ever really helped anyone...

at leas the ending in NV was actually good and its was clear cut, the Mojave will go on

kuyo

Dec 25, 2008
The Gnome King said:
Games that make you feel something - sad, happy; whatever - are the *best* games, in my opinion. It's why I like Bioware games. In both Dragon Ages they give you NPCs to interact with that, for better or worse, you *care* about by the end of the game.

I'm playing through Fallout: New Vegas now. Just finished getting the Bombers to like me and now I'm tying up loose ends. :)
I cared when I got to kill Anders. So what if he's the only healer, he's a tool.

GeneralSeasick said:
Fallout: New Vegas is awesome!

I just wish there were some more followers that didn't say,

"Oh, you support Caesar? WELL THEN I'M NOT GONNA FOLLOW YOU ANYMORE!"
True, some Caesar followers would have been nice for conflict, but apparently it's just wrong. True it wasn't who I'd help if this were real, but that's no reason not to support legion playthroughs.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
I tried all the endings except the Legion, I kind of figured how the Legion would go, so I wasn't very curious.

I prefer the Independence ending myself. Then I don't have to destroy any one group because House/NCR/Legion has decided they are too troublesome.

I guess when it comes down to it, I don't really trust any of the groups not to let their petty biases corrupt their actions.

bfgmetalhead

Aug 4, 2010
I really enjoyed NV cause I love the NCR. Sure they may be imperialistic and a bit corrupt but the individual troopers are good people and everyone has equal rights (women and legion nuff said) they even have ghoul and super mautant troops.

Although there were a few things I was dissapointed for

1: why no brotherhood of steel victory ending? aka side with yes man, kill ncr+legion+mr house then join BHOS and give controll of new vagas to them

2: why no super mutant backup at the dam or marcus as follower?

3: no followers of the appocalipse happy ending (there is one but it's bugged)

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
bfgmetalhead said:
1: why no brotherhood of steel victory ending? aka side with yes man, kill ncr+legion+mr house then join BHOS and give controll of new vagas to them
Because the most important rule that the Brotherhood follow is that they don't get involved in politics.

But they were an underdeveloped faction in New Vegas. To be honest New Vegas probably has a few too many factions, it's nice that they're all there but it leaves them not as fleshed out as they should be.

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
Vault101 said:
darth.pixie said:
I choose Independent Vegas simply because I really wanted to own it.

I killed Caesar and ate him. Yum.

Hated the Legion (couldn't have it any other way since Boone is my companion while my character is a sneaky speech scientist that hid behind him), disliked the NCR and loved the Kings. I liked the Brotherhood of Steel and Followers so I couldn't support the NCR thoroughly. I too, was worried about Yes Man but my Courier was suspicious enough of robots so that he won't get the upper hand. I hope. Depends on the DLCs I guess.

But there are endings, especially for companions that are sad. Like Lily/Grandma or Boone. Leaves a bitter-sweet taste.
yeah Yes mans "upgrade" was a little suspicious (but what would a computer program want with power and money? I supose access to Houses "favorite girl")

anyway yeah there was abunch of stuff I missed (such as lily and rauls side quest)

I dont think you could have given boone a happyer ending unless he died, and Veronica....I really dont know if her staying with the brotherhood was the right choice (I left it up to her anyway)

Im not sure what Cass's deal was I think she was fine in the end though she was unsure/or surprised about some of your choices (I went independant)
If this would have been a Bioware game, Boone would have been healed with the power of Romance! Not sure if I should be happy or sad it's not Bioware, then. Sad because he was my favourite character and I hated the fact that he never really got over anything enough to carve his own life again and happy because finally, there's an appropriate ending.

I don't know what Yes-Man wants...but I do believe power is enough even for a robot. I mean, he doesn't have the same physical needs and wants of a human but he may have his own ambitions. Didn't really play much with all the other companions since Grandma and Boone were the only ones who kept my very very frail brainy scientist alive. I will do another playthrough sometime soon and try the rest. Maybe side with House or Benny for a change.

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
Normally slide-show endings feel hollow. But this one had real impact. The fact your companion's fates, and the fates of the major groups you encounter are voiced by important, notable and often memorable characters really adds a layer of personality and impersonality to the resolution. I think what was most jarring for me was the realisation that no matter what path you took, something always went bad for someone. For example, i thought extending the reach of the Followers of the Apocalyse's sphere of influence would be good and beneficial for the movement, but in the end they got swamped by too many people asking for help and couldn't cope with it. Yet if you let anyone else win they get ignored or oppressed, meaning they get a raw deal whichever way you slice it. It's an important reminder that life just isn't fair and there is no 'good path' or way in which everything works out. Sacrifices have to be made and concessions have to be meted.

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
darth.pixie said:
Maybe side with House or Benny for a change.
Just want to point out. You can't side with Benny, he'll betray you as soon as he leaves the room. But certainly check out the opther companions. Their sidequets are some of the best in the game.

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
Axolotl said:
bfgmetalhead said:
Because the most important rule that the Brotherhood follow is that they don't get involved in politics.

But they were an underdeveloped faction in New Vegas. To be honest New Vegas probably has a few too many factions, it's nice that they're all there but it leaves them not as fleshed out as they should be.
I feel like the BOS is going the same way as the Enclave; they're both slowly fading out of the Fallout universe. If you think about it, the majority of Fallout plotlines focus on how the wasteland changes around the player character so each game is the end of a specifically important turn in history. So, with the way the Fallout world is changing, it is slightly odd for the BOS to stay the same.

Odds are that the BOS is going to die out or forever change from how they used to be. I even have suspicions that the NCR and the Eastern BOS are going to meet somewhere down the road (in another game) and the Eastern BOS are going to be a hell of a lot different from when we saw them in FO3.

Also, I wish there were more companions that supported Caesar's Legion. Most of them are either vehemently against them or mostly neutral on the subject. Raul probably had the most favorable view of them and even that was sounded grudgingly given.

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
this isnt my name said:
I find it funny, just replace hoover dam with oil, Mojave with mid east and NCR with USA...

The NCR dont care about the people, they care about the resources, they cant ptotect its own land its got too big for its own good.

"Too much good"
Do you know what they did to vault city ?

NCR is just like the democracy in the old world of falllout, a place waging war for resources and power, and we know how that ended. War never changes, so expecft the ncr to crumble.
Every work of man is doomed to fail. Does that somehow imply that no work is worth doing? More to the point, do you really think a series of small independent nations sharing borders with one another is going to foster peace? Or that corruption is a malady that can be resolved by moving from one system of governance to another? The iconic opening line of Fallout has always been that war never changes; the more complete statement is simply that the human condition never changes for it is this that drives us to war, to grift, to crime and corruption of all kinds.

No ending to the game offers a solution to any of these problems and indeed they all have their flaws. If you side with the legion you have a brutal expansionist dictatorship with even more resources at it's command which it will simply use to further expand its territory. If you side with the House you end up with a powerful faction threatening the Legion and the NCR and in control of a vital resource, a precarious position that will inevitably lead to war again and again. If you side with the NCR you further extend the boundaries of the NCR, increasing opportunities for corruption and further eroding their capacity to police and protect their people.