I just finished fallout New vegas.....wow

KingofMadCows

Dec 6, 2010
Wabblefish said:
this isnt my name said:
Personally I think Mr House is the best thing for Vegas.
Allthough I felt bad about the kings.

I like howthe game ties in all your quests, allthough one thing pissed me off was some quests should have had an impact, like "there stands the grass" and "that lucky old sun" they mnetioned the misfits, so they should mention more important things.
Yeah I always found Mr. House to be my favorite option too, the only real reason to be afraid of him is his mysteriousness or how he's not extremely democratic and he's really idealistic.

I'd probably choose Mr. House first, NCR second (they have potential, Independent third and Legion fourth...not that I necessarily think the Legion are so bad (they are strong, lawful and society might not be so bad under them) but they aren't really for advancement and are kind of crazy and brutish.
Mr. House will probably do a lot of good in the short term but I think he's a bad choice in the long run. He can probably preserve Vegas and bring back a lot of old world technology but who's going to inherit his perfect new world? Mr. House hasn't done a very good job of creating an educated and skilled population. He has only aligned himself with crooks and murderers. He hasn't done anything to help the people of Vegas. He hasn't trained any teachers, scientists, or engineers. He hasn't built any schools, factories, or laboratories. He's not going to have a population that can actually sustain his society.

Kortney

Nov 2, 2009
Vendur said:
Kortney said:
Vendur said:
Marcus himself says they are asexual. isn't he a west coaster?

Looks more like some fan zealots trying to retcon. Not happening. I actually played the games.
I ask again though, what's it really matter in the long run? Like I said, the game doesn't include romance so the sexuality of the companions is pretty much irrelevant. They literally consist of one line of dialogue so you can't claim their sexuality was really pushed on you. What else is there to make you dislike it?
Simply put, is it's dumb, mind bogglingly dumb. probably the dumbest thing in FNV. If it's just one line of dialogue they could have just opted not to include it. When all the human characters are basically gay/bi, it looks a lot less like fallout a lot more like the rocky horror picture show goes out to the desert for a picnic.
Haha I certainly wouldn't say all the human characters are bi/gay. It's only a handful really. Outside of the companions it's only really Major Knight I can think of.

The people who made New Vegas did the original Fallouts. They probably have a better idea of what sexuality exists in their universe than we do. Being gay doesn't dictate anything about your personality.

Trolldor

Jan 20, 2011
Ultratwinkie said:
Vendur said:
Asexual via biologically or hormonally, i really don't care. The fact is ghouls and super mutants don't have any kind of sexuality, so including them as "straight" or remotely "normal and straight" is ridiculous.

i should also note that dialogue says hes not sterile, when he clearly is sterile. it's entirely possible he's trying to banter/joke around with the vaultee.
Yes, he is sterile and was fucking with the player. Super mutants and ghouls have sexuality. For example, ghoul hookers and the instance of the player being raped in broken hills by a super mutant for failing the arm wrestling contest.
You might argue that most don't have, but clearly some do.

noble cookie

Aug 6, 2010
Just me or is most of this thread about whether Super mutants have gentalia or not?

Anyway, I came here to say one thing, and one thing only...

FISTO, never again.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
Vendur said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Yes, he is sterile and was fucking with the player. Super mutants and ghouls have sexuality. For example, ghoul hookers and the instance of the player being raped in broken hills by a super mutant for failing the arm wrestling contest.
Repeating something over and over doesn't make it true.
But sticking your fingers in your ears and going "lalalalala your making it up can't hear you!" makes you correct?

KingofMadCows

Dec 6, 2010
Trolldor said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Vendur said:
Asexual via biologically or hormonally, i really don't care. The fact is ghouls and super mutants don't have any kind of sexuality, so including them as "straight" or remotely "normal and straight" is ridiculous.

i should also note that dialogue says hes not sterile, when he clearly is sterile. it's entirely possible he's trying to banter/joke around with the vaultee.
But how do you know that most ghouls and super mutants don't have sexuality? All we know is that they're sterile. There's nothing to suggest that they don't have sex.

Trolldor

Jan 20, 2011
KingofMadCows said:
Trolldor said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Vendur said:

But how do you know that most ghouls and super mutants don't have sexuality? All we know is that they're sterile. There's nothing to suggest that they don't have sex.
Read it again.

I said 'you might argue', implying that you could. My main point was the clearly some do so any argument that 'none do' is rather presumptive.

Trolldor

Jan 20, 2011
Vendur said:
KingofMadCows said:
Trolldor said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Vendur said:

I really don't care if they are or aren't. They aren't "normal" characters in the least. What happenes is the game becomes so ridiculous that it loses any semblance of being a realistic depiction anything. You might as well give all the characters scottish accents, too. It could happen!
All I read was "It's the way I say it is because I say so."

KingofMadCows

Dec 6, 2010
Vendur said:
KingofMadCows said:
Trolldor said:
Ultratwinkie said:
Vendur said:

I really don't care if they are or aren't. They aren't "normal" characters in the least. What happenes is the game becomes so ridiculous that it loses any semblance of being a realistic depiction anything. You might as well give all the characters scottish accents, too. It could happen!
If you don't care then why are you making such a big argument about them being asexual?

As for them not being "normal" characters, so what? There are aliens in Mass Effect that have interspecies sex. Ghouls and Super Mutants actually used to be humans. They still exhibit many of the behaviors that they had when they were human even if those behaviors are no longer necessary or have any effect. For example, ghouls still drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes, and do drugs even though their senses are dulled to the point where they gain no pleasure from those activities.