I just finished fallout New vegas.....wow

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Love that game, I spent hours and hours on it right up until my friends asked me if I was okay xD

My first char was a female sniper called Billy running with Boone and ED-E. It was awesome. They say there are more DLC's out soon. Dead Money is awesome btw if you haven't played that yet.

I want to play through as an evil character but I'll probably end up as a sniper again :p Nothing more satisfying than headshots.

I never had anything bug on mine btw :/

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Vern5 said:
GonzoGamer said:
Really? I heard some of the user made patches make it run smoother. If I had known it would be as bad as it was, I would?ve actually opted for the PC version. You know they?re never going to fix the ps3 version and while I seriously doubt that they?ll ever fix the PC version, you can usually count on the modders to get it working.
There's a host of different kinds of fixes for Fallout: New Vegas for the PC. Just looking through the Nexus, I can recommend a few that I am using now. http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34778

That ^ is a fix for anyone using an Nvidia gfx card. There's another one for ATIs. In a nutshell, it tricks the game into running better. Not sure what the science is but it works. Also, I found that the animations used in New Vegas cause stutter so I replaced them with the animations from FO3, which are a lot smoother.

Just go to the Nexus and type "performance" in the search box and you will get a lot of great fixes that fix performance issues while maintaining graphics quality.
Yea. The modders have done some brilliant things. Like I heard about one mod that just simplifies the muzzle flash animations. Sounds silly but I can see how that could simplify things... processing wise.

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
loc978 said:
Vern5 said:
BTW. I started a new game and decided to do some things I hadn't before. For instance, I skipped over Ringo's opening quest and ended up working for the Powder Gangers at the jail for a while. Anyone else tried starting out this way?
...I've never tried not killing all of the powder gangers early on, actually... they're just such easy marks. Right about the time I clear out Primm, I always go back and clear out the prison.

I suppose I could try avoiding the perma-hostile ones, but it just strikes me as a pain when I can go kill 'em and loot the prison any time I choose.
Yeah the ones that attack you on site don't crash your reputation with the Powder Gangers, I discovered. As long as you dont shoot one in the face while he's letting you pass by, you can actually buy your way into the prison and get some fun missions from the "warden".

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Axolotl said:
GonzoGamer said:
Really? I heard some of the user made patches make it run smoother. If I had known it would be as bad as it was, I would?ve actually opted for the PC version. You know they?re never going to fix the ps3 version and while I seriously doubt that they?ll ever fix the PC version, you can usually count on the modders to get it working.
It was a game by Obsidian based on an engine from Bethesda. How could you not expect it to be buggiest game ever?
That's the funny/tragic thing about it. I actually did expect it to be the buggiest game ever. Any big open world type game will have plenty of bugs and glitches and they usually don't bother me (San Andreas is one of my all time favorites). With Bethesda & Obsidian behind this , I was expecting more than usual.
I really didn't expect it to be THAT bad though. It really got near Big Rigs level of brokenness.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Vern5 said:
loc978 said:
Vern5 said:
BTW. I started a new game and decided to do some things I hadn't before. For instance, I skipped over Ringo's opening quest and ended up working for the Powder Gangers at the jail for a while. Anyone else tried starting out this way?
...I've never tried not killing all of the powder gangers early on, actually... they're just such easy marks. Right about the time I clear out Primm, I always go back and clear out the prison.

I suppose I could try avoiding the perma-hostile ones, but it just strikes me as a pain when I can go kill 'em and loot the prison any time I choose.
Yeah the ones that attack you on site don't crash your reputation with the Powder Gangers, I discovered. As long as you dont shoot one in the face while he's letting you pass by, you can actually buy your way into the prison and get some fun missions from the "warden".
hmm, odd. My experience has always been that the hostile ones do affect your reputation with the powder gangers, if you shoot first... and I tend to kill any NPC that shows up as a red dot before they see me...

May 17, 2010
Vern5 said:
loc978 said:
Vern5 said:

I did it. They are fun but pissing the NCR off if you complete "I fought the law" on the Powder Gangers side results in scuh a huge loss in rep that then nearly always set kill teams after me. Which is a scary prospect if you ar eunder level ten and armed only with a pistol.

Vern5

Mar 3, 2011
370999 said:
Vern5 said:
loc978 said:
Vern5 said:

I did it. They are fun but pissing the NCR off if you complete "I fought the law" on the Powder Gangers side results in scuh a huge loss in rep that then nearly always set kill teams after me. Which is a scary prospect if you ar eunder level ten and armed only with a pistol.
I tried fighting against the NCR in the Prison assault. It didn't turn out too well. So i reloaded and betrayed the Power gangers, which was easier and much more beneficial.