Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Trezu said:
Veldie said:
I gunned every last member of NCR down I hate them >_>
I also brutaly beat down legion then choped each of ceasers limbs off scatered em on a table with body and such beheaded all his men and placed there heads in a fire thencut off there arms stacked em on the throne and then put legs in the other fire thing >_>
i just dismember every Legion and NCR i found and stack them in funny positions

'Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a Nuclear Winter'

every time i heard them say that i was like 'DIE NCR'
I have a personal hatred for them from FO2

Smagmuck_

Aug 25, 2009
I did two play throughs, one good, one bad. I won't spoil the ending, but if you side with the Legion and neglect to kill Boone, he gets one hell of a kick-ass yet sad ending...

KingofMadCows

Dec 6, 2010
I was disappointed in Caesar's Legion. They got really dumbed down compared to how they were written in the Van Buren design documents. The Legion wasn't supposed to be so technophobic. They didn't rely on technology but they still had engineers and scientists. There was also an imperial cult controlled by a priestess caste that instill loyalty in the citizenry, spreads propaganda and gathers intelligence for Caesar. There was so much more they could have done with the Legion but instead they turned the Legion into a pretty generic evil empire.

Kortney

Nov 2, 2009
GeneralSeasick said:
Fallout: New Vegas is awesome!

I just wish there were some more followers that didn't say,

"Oh, you support Caesar? WELL THEN I'M NOT GONNA FOLLOW YOU ANYMORE!"
Whilst that may have been a touch annoying, I thought that made sense within the storyline.

Kortney

Nov 2, 2009
Vendur said:
I'm just glad I didn't find out boone was gay or bisexual by the end of the game like every other character.
Every other character? There is one gay character and one possibly bisexual character. Bit of an over exaggeration?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Gralian said:
Normally slide-show endings feel hollow. But this one had real impact. The fact your companion's fates, and the fates of the major groups you encounter are voiced by important, notable and often memorable characters really adds a layer of personality and impersonality to the resolution. I think what was most jarring for me was the realisation that no matter what path you took, something always went bad for someone. For example, i thought extending the reach of the Followers of the Apocalyse's sphere of influence would be good and beneficial for the movement, but in the end they got swamped by too many people asking for help and couldn't cope with it. Yet if you let anyone else win they get ignored or oppressed, meaning they get a raw deal whichever way you slice it. It's an important reminder that life just isn't fair and there is no 'good path' or way in which everything works out. Sacrifices have to be made and concessions have to be meted.
I think I read there was origianlly a way to have a good ending for the followers if you sided with NCR but It was removed or somthign so it was put back in with a mod..I think

I was good karma and went indepentant, so as I understand I got one of the better endings, it all pretty mcuh turned out ok for everyone (except legion, and the follows dont seem to have a happy ending what ever you do)

I think there was a little glitch for me in regards to the brotherhood as I said in dialouge that they were going to help NCR when really there was no dialogue option in regards to that I never talked to them about the final battle (in the end I got the "Brotherhood going agressive" ending, and veronica stayed with them which Im not sure was the right desicion)

anyway I think thats whats best about the game, because the decisions are so hard Its rare that you get a game where you have absolutley NO IDEA what is right and wrong, I only went independant because I didnt want to kill the brotherhood even though the NCR loved me at that point, it actually felt really wrong telling the NCR to fuck itself in the end

anyway I supose the point was freedom came at a price

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
Kortney said:
Vendur said:
I'm just glad I didn't find out boone was gay or bisexual by the end of the game like every other character.
Every other character? There is one gay character and one possibly bisexual character. Bit of an over exaggeration?
Of the three companions I've met so far two have been gay (not counting the robots obviously). Now that's a fairly high rate compared to most games.

Kortney

Nov 2, 2009
Axolotl said:
Kortney said:
Vendur said:
Of the three companions I've met so far two have been gay (not counting the robots obviously). Now that's a fairly high rate compared to most games.
There are nine humanoid companions in NV and DM. Three aren't heterosexual.

That is actually pretty spot on with real life ratios. Are you implying we should condemn games for this, or are you just making an observation?

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
Kortney said:
Four technically.

That is actually pretty spot on with real life ratios. Are you implying we should condemn games for this, or are you just making an observation?
I was just making an observation.

KingofMadCows

Dec 6, 2010
Arcade is gay.
Veronica is gay.
Christine is gay.
Cassidy is bisexual.

Also, Super Mutants are not asexual, they are sterile. You can hire a prostitute to have sex with Marcus in Fallout 2. Ghouls also have sex. There was a quest where you get a ghoul to be a prostitute at the Atomic Wrangler.

Kortney

Nov 2, 2009
Vendur said:
Kortney said:
Axolotl said:
Kortney said:
Vendur said:

9 humanoid companions?
Lily -- asexual
Ghoul dude forgot his name -- ghouls don't have sex
Cassidy -- Bi
Whatever the stupid knight girl's name is -- bi or gay
Arcade -- gay
Boone-- is the only guy who is straight who actually has some kind of sexual function.

That's only 6. Who are the other "humanoid" companions?
Lily -- Her quest involves finding her grand children and she often references her old Husband. Does not represent a gay person in the slightest.

Raul -- Ghouls do have sex. Well at least they do in New Vegas. Go to the Atomic Wrangler. Nevertheless, Raul does not represent a gay person at all.

Cass -- Nothing really to go by. There are a few vague references to bisexuality but they are there to push her alcoholism.

Veronica -- Bisexual or homosexual.

Arcade -- Gay.

Boone -- Straight.

Dean -- Straight

God -- No idea.

Christina -- Bisexual or homosexual.

There are a few bisexual or homosexual people in there sure, but why does it even matter? The player has nothing to do with them romantically so nothing was forced on you. Most games don't even involve gay characters, so would it be equally valid to complain about those?