I just invented THE GREATEST THING IN ALL OF YOUR DAILY LIFE

Valkrex

Elder Dragon
Jan 6, 2013
Here's something I like.

Pop an animal cracker in your mouth, don't chew, then take a small sip of water. NOW you can chew. For whatever reason it makes the cracker taste a million times better.

Also, mixing Mountain Dew and Root beer is AMAZING!

Dipping cookies into said mixture... is interesting. Just don't do more than one or your stomach will kill you.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
The best way to make grilled cheese: use olive oil instead of butter when frying your bread. It's MUCH better for you, and the crunch is about a million times crunchier!

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
I like mustard on chips. All kinds of chips.

I make a wicked awesome turkey and black bean chili....by swapping the turkey for crumbled, browned spiced sausage (Bob Evans, usually), replacing half of the required onions (chopped) with red and green peppers, and using a mix of beans. That, and I add a healthy dose of hot sauce while simmering.

I've also discovered that nacho cheese Doritos make for an amazing crumble to put on top of some quiche or casserole dishes.

Oh, and cheese filled hard pretzels. I make 'em myself, and they're going to make me fat.

madwarper said:
The next time you make a pizza, use sriracha instead of tomato sauce. You're welcome.
Sriracha tends to have too much garlic for me, when put on some foods. Not all, but definitely on pizza.

However, mixing Cholula, basil, and some oregano with your tomato sauce will make your pizza fantastic.

Seriously, try it.

Feb 8, 2009
The weirdest thing that I have done is make a grilled cheese, except replacing the cheese with peanut butter. Kind of interesting.

Edit: I actually ate a burger at this restaurant where the buns were actually donuts. Also I asked them to put bacon on it. So a donut burger with bacon. Oh and topped with powdered sugar.

I'm hungry now.

V da Mighty Taco

Apr 9, 2011
I turn just about everything into a sandwich, and I do mean EVERYTHING. Marshmallow cereal, pizza, chili, chips, Ramen noodles; basically everything that I'll normally eat bar ice cream and maybe cookies I've placed between two pieces of bread and eaten. 90% of the time, it actually turns out pretty good (the marshmallow cereal was only meh, before anyone asks).

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
White bread sandwich with smoked salmon and cheese-and-chives flavoured cream cheese.

Downright devine. That was some fucking ambrosia level shit right there.

thespyisdead

Jan 25, 2010
waj9876 said:
Cut a biscuit in half, tear a strip of bacon in half, put both halves inside biscuit in X formation.

Dip new delicious bacon biscuit sandwich in gravy made from bacon grease. Top it all off with Dr. Pepper to drink.

Put hot pastry of your choice to the side.

I call this "Perfect Breakfast."
two words: heart attack...but it sounds like a delicious heart attack

OT: a salsa mustard rye bread salami sandwich! delicious as allhell

Fluxlunanos

Forgot to remember to forget.
Jun 26, 2011
Once upon a time when the Muses took me I had a priceless idea. I took some Jolt Cola (Double the Caffeine content than regular soda) I then placed this in a coffee pot and brewed in some Super dark Colombian coffee into it, creating this hyper-Caffeinated black ichor. It was at this point that I decided that it needed some form of sweetness so I added maple syrup, and then it needed something to give this liquid more...substance. so I then poured this flud into a large mixing bowl and dissolved an entire angel food cake into it. A few minutes of mixing later in order to provide my...creation a consistent... consistency. Then my work was done. Chewy coffee was born. This semi-liquid paste of pure caffeine and flavor.

Zombie Sodomy

Feb 14, 2013
I brought a peanut butter and salami sandwich to school almost every day as a kid. It never seemed like an odd combination to me, but anyone who found out what I was eating thought I was weird.

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Tanis said:
NUKE-BACON

IF done right, it's less grease, all taste.
Yup, yup.

I'm pretty boring when it comes to these sort of culinary adventures, the only thing I got is sour cream + a can of chilli and beans.
Instant tasty dip for corn chips.

irani_che

Jan 28, 2010
put a can of beans into a pan, then crack in 2 eggs,
cook, stirring to scramble the eggs, it is a full breakfast in one

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
Making noodles? Put a fried egg on it. Making pasta? Put a fried egg on it. Cool nachos....fried egg on it. Sandwiches? You better believe they got fried eggs. Salad? Fried egg. Biscuits? FRIED EGG. Cake??! FRIED EGG!!!!

If it's physically possible to put a fried egg on something, I will. Mark those words.

Oct 2, 2012
My craziest and best food invention so far would be my home made lasagna with red curry sauce mixed with or replacing the tomato sauce.
My lasagna also always ends up weighing like 5 pounds as well.
A 5 pound, 5 cheese, curry and meat sauced lasagna.

But there is one issue with it, it tastes like total garbage reheated. Never reheat the food I make. For some reason it goes straight from divine to decaying semen covered garbage when one attempts to reheat it.

And I was just really bored and had some left over curry sauce ingredients when I made it. Wasn't drunk, stoned, sleepy or anything either :p Just bored.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
When I was like 4-6 I Always had Vegemite and Nutella sandwiches and toast. Everyone else seems to cringe at the idea.

I think I'll give it a try again soon...

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Voxgizer said:
I grew up in the era of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and being one of the star struck kids that absolutely loved the turtles (and still do, obviously) I wanted to do things like them. One particular thing was experiment with pizzas and toppings, so one night I decided it'd be a great idea to finally find out what one pizza in particular was like. For your own sake, don't ever do what I did.

I did up my pizza, waited for it to cool a bit, and then made my fatal error; I mimicked the turtles. I put peanut butter on my pizza. That night I learned a valuable lesson - Never let the Ninja Turtles guide you in the culinary arts.
Been there. Twice. Tried both the 'weenie and banana' combo and the 'marshmallow and anchovis' combo.
I wouldn't recommend the latter. -.-

OT:
Unfortunately I haven't found my 'greatest snack ever' recipe yet, but I'm sure my ongoing quest to add HP Sauce to literally anything will yield some sort of result sooner or later.

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
Next time anyone makes a pizza, get a tin of Baked Beans.

put the tomato sauce on as normal, but then spread the beans over that, then apply the rest of the topping as par norm.

..aside from that I'm not that creative in the kitchen.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
rhizhim said:
you didn't invent morning sex.

so, no. you didnt invent the greatest thing in all our daily life.
Or so you think, buddy. Or so you think. You don't know what I've s-- invented.

O_O

captcha: Free Bag

Shut up captcha, everyone knows bags aren't free anymore now that plastic is badmkay.

On a side-note, all that this thread has succeeded in is making me hungry. Now I must try all of these out