I just met Lady GaGa

Silent Anima

Jun 2, 2011
WrongSprite said:
Met every member of Opeth, which was extremely pleasing for me. Nobody massively famous though.
I am so jealous.
OT: I've met some sumo wrestlers before. I don't know what their names were cuz they signed my autograph in Japanese. Nice guys though.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
The most famous people I met are some of the guys from Rooster Teeth and the lead writer of The Old Republic.

They were pretty normal. Good guys all around.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
I once walked half a meter away from bill Bailey. Funny thing is, it took a while to register I was so dumbstruck. It was about a minute after I walked past him I thought, "wait, was that bill f***ing Bailey?"

God knows what I'd be like if I met George a Romero. I'd probably die.

And then come back, shuffling around thinking, "wait, was that George a f***ing Romero?"

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
When I was doing my tour in Iraq, the crew from WWE stopped by in our base. Met Eddie Guerrero, talked with Big Show (pretty awesome guy, bit of a comedian) and got my pic with Lilian.

Also, for as big as he is, Big Show can run surprisingly fast when he wants to.

shticks

Jun 8, 2010
Littlee300 said:
I suggest a blog instead of forums for stuff like this.
Then what is the point of forums? Literally every function of a forum can be done in some other type of publishing.

The only thing a forum does that other thing do not.. is promote conversation.

Maybe he wanted to talk to people about it.

This IS an off topic forum..... this post does seem OFF topic. This is exactly the place for it.

Also... if he had published this to his blog.... there is no way i would have seen it.

If he had a whole series of stories where he encountered famous people.. then yea... maybe a blog would do.... but this is a one off thing.

God it pisses me off when people try to make up their own rules.... and it pisses me off even more then those made up rules are arbitrary and personal preference.

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
The closest I've got is meeting Kjartan Poskitt. But I'm indifferent about meeting famous people.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I walked past Rowan Atkinson at my school leaver's ball about a month ago.

...that's it. I haven't spoken to any celebrities. I wonder if any will read this thread.

Wharrgarble

Jun 22, 2010
Topher Grace.

He apparently graduated from the same High School I did years prior, and came back to visit for some reason. I ran into him accidentally, and he seemed completely affronted that (until that point) I had absolutely no idea who he was.

The conversation carried on for perhaps three minutes, but all I can say is wow... What a tremendous douche he is.

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
I R JELLY! Also, I loved "big gay brother", the wording made me laugh.

I haven't met anyone famous myself, and I doubt I ever will. I'm fairly indifferent about it, and will be content so long as I can enjoy their work. Still, I won't deny it'd be great to meet a handful of people at some point in my life.

Ranchcroutons

Sep 12, 2010
I was once stared down by Richard Simmons in an airport....he was wearing his shorty shorts and was fro'd out as usual. I heard he once beat someone up in an airport and from the look in his eyes I would swear the same would have happened to me if I had suddenly yelled "Hey! Its Richard Simmons"

chromewarriorXIII

The One with the Cake
Oct 17, 2008
I've met Mike Portnoy (ex-drummer of Dream Theater) a few times. He's always awesome to see since he's such a nice guy.

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
You often make some pretty interesting posts OP :D

I don't think i've seen anyone majorly famous. My uncle however married one of the more well known dancers on stricting come dancing.

Lashus

Mar 27, 2011
I met Jason David Frank (Tommy the green ranger)and we talked for a little while. He was pretty cool.

Kanatatsu

Nov 26, 2010
I've met Prince Charles. Nice guy. Funny, which you would not expect. Ears aren't that big in real life. He's also like 5 feet 6 or so.

Vredesbyrd67

Apr 20, 2009
Hung out and got drunk with the lead singer of Stepdad after a concert once. Also had a few conversations with the bassist and keyboardist. Chill guys, all of them.

EDIT:

Oh, yeah. I also met Jesse Jackson once. Everything you've heard about him is true.