I just met Lady GaGa

HerbertTheHamster

Apr 6, 2009
Never met any "real" celebrity, but I barely missed Stephenie Meyer at a book convention a while ago

I promise I'll line up my shots better next time

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
I met Anna Paquin shortly after she won her Oscar. Didn't actually know who she was, she was just like anyone else.

NeuroticDogDad

Apr 28, 2010
Dumbfish1 said:
A friend and I met Eddie izzard when we went canvasing for labour. My next door neighbour's sister runs for mp in didsbury, so I usually get roped into handing out flyers ect. which is why I was there when he turned up. My neighbour later asked her sister if he remembered us and apparently he did, as "those guys who looked like harry potter and ron wesely"
(I wear glasses and my friend is ginger)
Yeah I saw him outside Saino's delivering some sort of speech. Don't suppose you were one of the people handing out flyers there?

Master Steeds said:
i had a pee with jermaine defoe and ledley king, football players or 'soccer' players
Bet you felt small. :D

Conner42

Jul 29, 2009
Well, I got to meet Matthew Wood, who's the guy who does General Grievous in Star Wars. Aside from being in a Star Wars prequel that nobody likes, there was a lot more to him besides General Grievous. He was one of the game testers for the Monkey Island games, the original ones, and he knows Steve Purcell, the mind behind Sam & Max(and let me say how much I really love Sam & Max). He says he has read the comics and stuff, and I asked him where I could find the comics, which he said "That's a good question" but no one really had an answer to that one.

Tom Kane, who voices Yoda in the video games. Also Commissioner Gordon in Arkham Asylum. Crap, if I had known that he was a part of that game and it had come out, I would have asked him about that, because I really love that game!

Peter Mayhew, who played Chewbacca in that one movie that I'm sure a couple of you have watched. Actually three of them. And maybe even four if you think his 2 second appearance really counts. Really tall and quiet.

As you've probably guessed, this was at a convention. Actually, a Trek Expo, in which not only did we meet those people, my friend got to see William Shatner. Adam West was there as well. He's that guy from Family Guy who plays as Adam West. He also played some other character, like a super hero or something, I don't know, I kind of missed the details.

Also, people from the Guess Who. At least, who was left. Other people from that concert were stand ins, but it was surprising to have some one who's not the original singer give such a great performance and make us forget who the original singer was. Damn, that was a really good concert. There was also Eddie Money. Not as exciting, because that concert was kind of boring actually. He signed an autograph for us, and that was about it.

So, hopefully, one of these days, I'll meet Peter Frampton. Seeing a concert of him next month, and dammit, I need to meet him!

I guess if you don't count the convention, then not really a lot, but it was cool meeting these guys though. Especially with someone who remembers the good ole point and click and faffing about adventure days!

VincentMm

Feb 13, 2009
I met Chino Moreno (lead singer of Deftones) after a gig. Loads of people screaming for autographs and I asked if I could just shake his hand.
He shook my hand and said "Hey man, thanks for coming to the gig".
That was really nice, like he didn't expect anybody to show or something.

Oh and James Masters (Spike from Buffy). He was very short and very American. I gave him a lollipop because he looked tired.

Moon_Called

Mar 21, 2009
I met LRR last February at Tsukinocon. I played MTG with Matt and Alex and we got along pretty well, although I was tired and being pretty derpy. Alex kicked my ass in I think four turns, but I won against Matt twice. And then it started snowing so we got kicked out of the convention. (Victorians are wimps about snow.) Also I think Matt nearly asked me out but I was stupid and cockblocked him before he could ask.
>.>

Matt, if you read this, send me a PM.

Magicman10893

Aug 3, 2009
The only famous people I "met" was the band Hinder. They were signing autographs at rock festival and they stopped to talk for a bit. I bought a joke lanyard from the "I Love Vagina" clothing company and they all started crying laughing.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
I physically ran into Jessie Jackson Jr. in an airport when I was something like six years old, does that count ?

Xooiid

Feb 1, 2011
Carlos Mencia: Brad Williams, the Midget you see on his show, was cool as hell. Carlos was...meh.

Kid Rock: Actually pretty cool.
Lance Armstrong: The guy is much more present in person. He has a presence in interviews, but in person it's...wow.
Louis Black: Awesome.

Bowling for Soup: Great guys, basically hopped the security 'fence' to hang with the crowd.
Art Alexakis, lead singer for Everclear: Kind of a douche.

Nema Williams: Stand up comic, funny as hell, cool to chill with.

Dave Coverly [Speed Bump]: Great guy, loves his job. Got a signed one-panel from him from the USO show.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
My brother-in-law saw Arnold Schwarzenegger out and about a year or so ago and was impressed by how small he was compared to his body guards. :) As for myself, I haven't met any really famous people.

(Lady Gaga doesn't do much for me but I thought Weird Al's recent video was hilarious.)

Catie Caraco

Jun 27, 2011
Dumbfish1 said:
A friend and I met Eddie izzard when we went canvasing for labour. My next door neighbour's sister runs for mp in didsbury, so I usually get roped into handing out flyers ect. which is why I was there when he turned up. My neighbour later asked her sister if he remembered us and apparently he did, as "those guys who looked like harry potter and ron wesely"
(I wear glasses and my friend is ginger)
I am so jealous I cannot breathe right now T_T

I LOVE Eddie Izzard.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
I've met the Premier and the Governor General of my State (Queensland). The Govenor General was a nice old man who didn't have much to say and who still thought kids built tree houses these days, and the Premier (now former Premier) was a politician - so it was like talking to a sound-board on legs: he was constantly spitting out sound-bites and catch phrases to any question I asked. All politicians are like that when talking to members of the public, so I don't hold a grudge against him.

My sister met the former Prime Minister when he came to her lab to showcase how much money he was giving to research. She said he was pleasant if completely bland.

TheLiham

Apr 15, 2010
I've tried to speak to Lars Ulrich but he told me to "Fuck off, I'm not signing anything!"
I've seen Dave Lombardo but lost sight of him before I could tell him he's awesome and I am mates with the guitarist from Everything Burns

Edit: And I got strangled by Darren Shan

christmasbats

Feb 4, 2011
Oh yes! Corn fields! It's a shame lady gaga or whatever the hell her name actually is will be in them. Also I dont meet my heroes, something tells me i'll lose faith in them.