I just met Lady GaGa

Logic Sword

Jun 8, 2010
The Cheezy One said:
Points if you know what he wrote without the use of Wikipedia! And listing the titles in the pictures doesn't count.

Apart from that, no-one.
Thursday Next, Nursery Crimes, Shades of Grey, The Last Dragonslayer.

And I've met him four times, so ha.

OT: Met Dave Gorman (comedian) at a book signing. My Uncle also spent a fair bit of time playing pool with Jo Brand, Paul Merton and Graham Norton.

The Stonker

Feb 26, 2009
MeXR said:
MetaKnight19 said:
MeXR said:
I FUCKING LOVE CORN FIELDS!!
Who doesn't?

OT: I guess that's kind of cool.
Uh... I dunno, corn field haters?

Haters be hatin'.

But well, as interesting as she seems then I have met a far more interesting person.
Bjork.
What? Lady Gaga just steals the creepy factor from her.

Nudu

Jun 1, 2011
You might just have been trippping. I know I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Cyanin

Dec 25, 2009
Saw John C. McGinley walking down Grafton Street and my friend was on the Luas (tram) with him. Okay so that's not much but I also ran into the lead singer of Ham Sandwich after she walked out of a cinema.

Yeah I don't see famous people, what of it!?

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
SckizoBoy said:
Alucard 11189 said:
Ha ha! I will dine out on the fact I had Poliakoff as a tutor for the rest of my life! I would have loved to have met Peter Cushing! Damn your father for meeting deceased english actors (grrrr....)
I'd pay! If only for the anecdotes (and maybe some face time with the man if at all possible). Now that I think about it, he and my dad would have a better conversation than I would, seeing as how he's the inorganic chemist of the family.

Dredging up my pre-teen days, Kriss Akabusi was a part-time trainer at my primary school, quite how or why I can't recall. At high school, Trevor Brooking was a guest and the prize winners (for the yearly propaganda event, that's basically what it was) all got to meet & greet him, myself included. That was pretty cool.

And then, I remembered... my entire family has (at some point) had to share tube space with that effing c Bob Crowe...
You can have a conversation with Poliakoff about almost anything actually. I once had an hour long conversation with him about the race to build the atomic bomb in world war II and theories as to why the German's failed in their attempts. Hell, you can actually have a conversation with him about water bottles, he collects them and lines them up in his office. He also teaches molecular symmetry using dog toys,that's always a riot! :)

Anyway, on topic: Your family are quite the star magnets aren't they? Peter Cushing and Richard Attenborough! I really want to meet them. (A bit difficult in the case of Peter Cushing, but I can dream... Ah well, I will just live in the hope that I get to meet Christopher Lee.)

sheogoraththemad

Feb 6, 2010
My uncle is good mates with Brian May, (Guitarist from Queen) and a lot of famous people visited his restaurant like Mick Jagger etc.

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
rabidmidget said:
I met Steve Austin before he was famous, he was rescuing a venomous snake caught in my chicken fence, as this was back when he just worked at the zoo.

Then again later, when his daughter started going to my school.

And at a snake demonstration at Australia zoo.

It isn't that weird considering the area wasn't that highly populated.
Do you mean Steve Irwin? Or did Stone Cold Steve Austin really wrangle snakes down under?

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Alucard 11189 said:
You can have a conversation with Poliakoff about almost anything actually. I once had an hour long conversation with him about the race to build the atomic bomb in world war II and theories as to why the German's failed in their attempts. Hell, you can actually have a conversation with him about water bottles, he collects them and lines them up in his office. He also teaches molecular symmetry using dog toys,that's always a riot! :)

Anyway, on topic: Your family are quite the star magnets aren't they? Peter Cushing and Richard Attenborough! I really want to meet them. (A bit difficult in the case of Peter Cushing, but I can dream... Ah well, I will just live in the hope that I get to meet Christopher Lee.)
LOL, reminds me of one of the organic lecturers I had. One of the girls in the class brought in a pot plant as a housewarming gift (party to be held after uni was out). Don (the lecturer) walks up to the pot plant and proceeds to talk to it, ending with 'not feeling chatty, today? Too bad.' But then, he then goes on to lecture the pot plant (in advanced retrosynthesis) and the pot plant alone. That was quite amusing.

And yet another one has come to mind... Barry Took, a few years before he died, met him at a charity do in Colchester. At first I didn't realise who he was (me being only about twelve at the time).

Oh yeah, and I'd love to meet Christopher Lee as well. Actually, I'd love to hear him sing live even more.

MulticolorCharizard

Nov 14, 2010
binnsyboy said:
Daniel Radcliffe, when he was filming part of this horror film in my village. The name escapes me. He's a nice guy. Short, though.
The Woman in Black?

OT: Met Iggy Pop VERY briefly once at a gig, say him after a show and just walked up to him and said "Hey man, your gig was fucking sweet, can you sign this" ("this" was a copy of Raw Power if anyone cares) and he just said "Thanks, sure man" and he signed it, and I went off.

ArchAngelKira

Mar 25, 2010
This is how it would go in a nutshell

{! Oh hi,(insert famous person name here) I hope you enjoy yourself here. well bye}

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
SckizoBoy said:
Alucard 11189 said:

LOL, reminds me of one of the organic lecturers I had. One of the girls in the class brought in a pot plant as a housewarming gift (party to be held after uni was out). Don (the lecturer) walks up to the pot plant and proceeds to talk to it, ending with 'not feeling chatty, today? Too bad.' But then, he then goes on to lecture the pot plant (in advanced retrosynthesis) and the pot plant alone. That was quite amusing.

And yet another one has come to mind... Barry Took, a few years before he died, met him at a charity do in Colchester. At first I didn't realise who he was (me being only about twelve at the time).

Oh yeah, and I'd love to meet Christopher Lee as well. Actually, I'd love to hear him sing live even more.
I wish my lecturer in retrosynthesis was as cool. He was called Barry, and woebetide if your phone rang in the middle of a lecture. He would actually answer the phone and then confiscate it. He was also the first lecturer I encountered that reduced a fresher to tears (I later found out that it isn't exactly difficult to reduce freshers to tears, I mean how bloody difficult is it to understand that you DO NOT add water to a Grignard reagent? grumble grumble)

Have you ever seen The Wicker man? That's the only film I have seen Christopher Lee in which he sings (that I can remember).

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
Sgt. Dante said:
Got chatting to INME after a gig one year when they were signing autographs after the show. They casuallymentioned that they were going to a certain bar afterwards and asked if we (me and my GF) fancied coming along.

Unfortunately we had to decline as we weren't both of age to be allowed access to a bar. Absolutely gutted... They're pretty decent folk.
Ive met Dave McPherson at a gig in london, he was a cool guy, nice to see another INME fan on the Escapist. My mate met him again at an acoustic gig where he told him to play master storm he laughed and said "I think this a bit heavy for this crowd"

OT: I met Corpsegrinder of Cannibal Corpse as well but only shook hands, and i had vip tickets to meet slayer but i coudnt make the gig which pissed me off, hopefully im gonna meet Devin Townsend and Dave McPherson again next month when i go to their accoustic gig.

AMX58

Jan 27, 2010
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
When I was doing my tour in Iraq, the crew from WWE stopped by in our base. Met Eddie Guerrero, talked with Big Show (pretty awesome guy, bit of a comedian) and got my pic with Lilian.

Also, for as big as he is, Big Show can run surprisingly fast when he wants to.

ay did you meet Randy Orton man

I have only met local famous people not anybody big

Herbsk

May 31, 2011
Zemnexx said:
Ashamedly enough Keith Urban and Hilary Duff...I live in Texas and my parents made me.
I'd like to meet Keith Urban - he seems like he'd be a pretty nice guy too

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I know the Yankees left fielder, Brett Gardner (he was in the same grade as my sister. Small private school, grade of just over 30 people. He used to visit while he was in college and practice with the high school baseball team). I also know Willy Randolph (a former Yankees captain and second baseman. His parents live a mile away from where I grew up).

Non-athletes I've met:
-Annie Clark. She's better known as St Vincent. She's an indie musician. Really sweet gal. I just met her briefly after a show she played here with Andrew Bird.
-Billy Dean. He's a country singer. He actually stayed at my house for a few days with some friends of my family when I was really young. I'm not into country, though (except for some stuff from the 50s and 60s).

And.....drumroll....

Bill Murray: This was the one time I acted like the stereotypical fan. He spends a lot of time in Charleston (he's part owner of the minor league baseball team here). I actually met him at an amusement park, though. He was riding the go-karts. Bill Murray is awesome.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
AMX58 said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
When I was doing my tour in Iraq, the crew from WWE stopped by in our base. Met Eddie Guerrero, talked with Big Show (pretty awesome guy, bit of a comedian) and got my pic with Lilian.

Also, for as big as he is, Big Show can run surprisingly fast when he wants to.

ay did you meet Randy Orton man

I have only met local famous people not anybody big
That would be a negatory. The others that came by to Camp Speicher were Jeff Hardy, The Undertaker, Cryme Time, Ray Mysterio, a couple of other superstars and a couple other Divas.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Alucard 11189 said:
I wish my lecturer in retrosynthesis was as cool. He was called Barry, and woebetide if your phone rang in the middle of a lecture. He would actually answer the phone and then confiscate it. He was also the first lecturer I encountered that reduced a fresher to tears (I later found out that it isn't exactly difficult to reduce freshers to tears, I mean how bloody difficult is it to understand that you DO NOT add water to a Grignard reagent? grumble grumble)

Have you ever seen The Wicker man? That's the only film I have seen Christopher Lee in which he sings (that I can remember).
Didn't we learn this in high school?! =P
Actually, I was rather lucky, most of my lecturers/tutors were pretty cool to get taught by. One guy was quite soft spoken and kept coughing (regardless of whether he had a cough) when lecturing, while in person, he made fun of absolutely everyone in a very rambunctious manner. It was rather amusing my first day in the research lab, the drunk genius I mentioned earlier started a fire when cleaning his glassware. n-BuLi... or something similar. Everyone proceeded to deny everything when a staff member noticed that the fire extinguisher had been used. ;)

And yeah, Christopher Lee's done three or four films that he made a contribution to the soundtrack. I'm currently wondering whether to get one of his albums...

[small][sub]I think we're in danger of derailing this thread too! =P[/sub][/small]

PxDn Ninja

Jan 30, 2008
Best thing I have done with anyone famous was shared a hottub with the guys from Sabaton, Tyr, Finntroll, and Blind Guardian during a cruise. Not all at once they came and went as we watched Gamma Ray, Iced Earth, and someone else from the hot tub.

Good times.