I just met Lady GaGa

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Most celebrities (not all, *cough*Charlie Sheen*cough*) are just as normal as anyone else.
Literally, the only thing that sets them apart are the expectations (good or ill) others place upon them.

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Alucard 11189 said:
There are glamour models in Yorkshire? I am from Leeds and I know we are famous for a lot of things but I didn't know that glamour models were one of them :p

It sucks to hear about your sister though. I hope her case pans out OK for her. It's a shame to hear about your spine too. Is it a permanent spine injury, or is it fixable through rehabilitation/surgery. Feel free to ignore that question if it's a bit too personal :)
Woops... uh, I don't know how to correct myself without offending someone... *hrk* The body double was actually from Dumfries. Thawwy...!

Anyway, s'OK, my spine's OK... after a fashion, but I'm doing martial arts to increase all round strength. I can probably still shoot, but I'll have to decrease the weight. To less than 50lbs... but that weight is considered wussy! =P

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
I have received Jan-Ove Jönsson's autograph. And my uncle knows Mikael Riesebeck's mother, whom I've met too. They're pretty well known actors here in Sweden. Mikael Riesebeck is the actor, not his mother.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
FirstToStrike said:
FirstToStrike said:
I actually met and shook hands with Colin Mochrie. He was very nice and funny, and I also met and shook hands with Brad Sherwood. He was hilarious.

True story.
Paint me jealous! I love Colin Mochrie. Was it at that roadshow thing that Colin and Brad were doing, or did you just meet them seperately? A friend of mine apparently shops at the same grocery store as Ryan Stiles :)
They needed audience participation for help with one of their skits, and I was called up to help. It was awesome.[/quote]

Excuse me while I sulk out of jealousy.

SckizoBoy said:
Alucard 11189 said:
There are glamour models in Yorkshire? I am from Leeds and I know we are famous for a lot of things but I didn't know that glamour models were one of them :p

It sucks to hear about your sister though. I hope her case pans out OK for her. It's a shame to hear about your spine too. Is it a permanent spine injury, or is it fixable through rehabilitation/surgery. Feel free to ignore that question if it's a bit too personal :)
Woops... uh, I don't know how to correct myself without offending someone... *hrk* The body double was actually from Dumfries. Thawwy...!

Anyway, s'OK, my spine's OK... after a fashion, but I'm doing martial arts to increase all round strength. I can probably still shoot, but I'll have to decrease the weight. To less than 50lbs... but that weight is considered wussy! =P
Just take it slow and build your strength back up gradually. I actually remember you saying in another thread that you were into martial arts actually... That makes me sound like a stalker. I am not really! *shifty eyes*

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
Alucard 11189 said:
Just take it slow and build your strength back up gradually. I actually remember you saying in another thread that you were into martial arts actually... That makes me sound like a stalker. I am not really! *shifty eyes*
Yah, I'm taking it easy. When my back messed up, I scaled back on everything (stopped going to tournaments) and just do light sparring at most.

Oh yeah, and...

=P

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Good for you, she seems really nice in person...

The closest I've ever been to a famous person was seeing Mel Gibson while the movie "Signs" was being filmed in my home town, and even then I don't know if it was really him...

Littlee300 said:
I once saw the lead singer of Linkin Park at my school carnival. His kid goes to my school. There was a group of kids surrounding him already when I walked up to see if it was him. He just smiled at me and I walked away since I didn't want to annoy him and my dad was waiting on me.
Aw... lucky!

Wrds

Dyslexic Wonder
Sep 4, 2008
FirstToStrike said:
Wrds said:
Met the Undertaker at a kinko's once, intimidating as hell but a rather nice guy.

Met Lance Armstrong on two separate occasions, once at a grocery store then at a public pool. He's kind of an entitled prick.

Other than that I met Oxhorn of WoW Machinima fame, that was really cool for me personally. We talked about the woes of being fat.
GAH! You met the Deadman! I'm a wrestling fanatic, VERY JEALOUS!
I'm fairly certain he either lives in or owns a house in my area. Both my best friend and mother have met him on separate ocassions as well.

In my mom's case, she didn't know who he was and thought she had just met satan on earth or something haha.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Wrds said:
FirstToStrike said:
Wrds said:
Met the Undertaker at a kinko's once, intimidating as hell but a rather nice guy.

Met Lance Armstrong on two separate occasions, once at a grocery store then at a public pool. He's kind of an entitled prick.

Other than that I met Oxhorn of WoW Machinima fame, that was really cool for me personally. We talked about the woes of being fat.
I'm fairly certain he either lives in or owns a house in my area. Both my best friend and mother have met him on separate ocassions as well.

In my mom's case, she didn't know who he was and thought she had just met satan on earth or something haha.
You live in Texas or California? He's billed from Death Valley, but I heard that he's from Dallas.

Wrds

Dyslexic Wonder
Sep 4, 2008
FirstToStrike said:
Wrds said:
FirstToStrike said:
Wrds said:

You live in Texas or California? He's billed from Death Valley, but I heard that he's from Dallas.
Austin Texas, maybe he just likes it here.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Wrds said:
FirstToStrike said:
Wrds said:
FirstToStrike said:
Wrds said:

Austin Texas, maybe he just likes it here.
I am very jealous that you met the FREAKING UNDERTAKER!

I only met Triple H.....

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
Well at the beginning of this month I met Robert Plant(Singer from Led Zepplin for those who don't know). We didn't really have a conversation because it was backstage at a festival where he was playing and I was a volunteer for the stage crew. That's really all I can think of in terms of famous people though.

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
Meatramen said:
s0p0g said:
i prefer coca cola to pepsi, but applejuice is awesome, too.
Applejuice is okey, Applebloom is better, but Applejack is the best!
finally, someone who is not a Fluttershy fanboy
srsly, what is it with fluttershy-fans? she's not nice, she's got some issues, and needs counselling

but there is no doubt that Applejack is the bestest (1st place, together with Pinkie Pie! ^^ ) pony to have kicked trees, evar!

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
Patrick Stewart. Yeh I met Captain Jean-Luc Picard. He was doings a show at a tiny theatre and since there where only like 100 people at the thing he said anyone who wanted to could talk backstage. He gave me acting advice :D

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
InterAirplay said:
similar.squirrel said:
Neat. I'm not really into her music, but she seems like a pretty cool person.
I've met Neil Hannon, who is reasonably well-known in the UK and Ireland. He was understandably taciturn, but we still managed to get an autograph and a Twix bar from him.
You're fucking kidding. Niel Hannon? that's like getting a rare shiny in a world of lesser-known celebrities and artists. To me, anyway.

Hey, hi-five. Niel Hannon. Was he turned out sharp?
That is also excellent.[/quote]

He was the first and only celebrity I have met. A good introduction to the world of glamour. He was very dapper, of course. He's Neil Hannon, after all. He pulled off muttonchops, so there's nothing he cannot do.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
Sammaul said:
I´ve danced with Katja Schuurman (Dutch celeb) a few years ago in Paradiso.
Er zijn duizenden jongens/mannen tussen de 20 en 35 voor wie dat een natte droom zzou zijn, neem het niet voor granted :p

Bobzer77

May 14, 2008
EightGaugeHippo said:
If it turns out not to have been him... my runner up would be "talking" to Peter Molyneux on Facebook. He told me to stop sending him friend requests in a Private Message.
I had a brief conversation with him at a lecture he was giving to my friends computer science class in Dublin.

He admitted to overhyping his games but is very nice.

ChaoticKraus

Jul 26, 2010
Cool, she would be interesting to talk to

As for me, i saw her from about 20 meters once (at a concert). I exchanged a few words with the swedish king (he seemed confused and/or high). And i passed some swedish actors/politicians on the street.

That's it for me.