I just walked out of a movie for the first time today.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
As the title suggests, I just walked out of a movie for the first time today.

I've seen some bad movies in the past, but today, I saw a movie SO bad I could no longer sit through it.

I saw Due Date, with Robert Downey Jr. and Zach Galifianakis. I absolutely HATED this movie. I couldn't sit through it for more than an hour. Once Jamie Foxx showed up, I just said "Done", and walked out of the theater.

So, yeah, have any of you ever walked out of a horrible movie before?

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I walked out of Red, was going to walk out of Pearl Harbor but instead I fell asleep, walked out of the Phantom.

The Night Shade

Oct 15, 2009
No never mostly because i only go to the movies when there's a film i really want to see if not i just wait for the DVD release

Also if you admit that you walked out of a movie it's fine

ajh93

Feb 11, 2010
no because i usually find out if its good or not before i go see it...or i figure out if its something i'd be interested in in the first place.

(and i didn't think Due Date was that bad;pretty average when it comes to buddy comedies)

Orange Lazarus

Jun 3, 2009
I think the only movie I've ever walked out of was Hostel. I usually have the sense to check out reviews before hand to make sure it's something I'll remotely like at least. Also, I payed to see it, so unless it's particularly terrible, which Hostel was, I'll stick around.

Moonpig123

Dec 24, 2010
I know it's a waste of time sitting through a movie I hate... but damn it, if I paid for the ticket I'm sticking with it until the bitter end.

If it's just on a DVD at a friend's or something that I didn't buy, I'll be a bit more proactive in showing my displeasure at the shitty movie. And yes, I did leave the room during the snooze-fest that was March of the Penguins on DVD. I like Morgan Freeman, but... really, Morgan? It's not like he needed the money...

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
I walked out of Avatar.

Thats not even flame bating, I just didnt like it. It was something I had seen all too often and when its only major gimmick was it was in 3D and directed by James Cameron, I just said no.

Luckily a friend let me in I snuck in, so I didnt lose any money. Besides, its where i worked, so i wouldnt have had to pay anyway.

bob1052

Oct 12, 2010
Leemaster777 said:

I've seen some bad movies in the past, but today, I saw a movie SO bad I could no longer sit through it.

I saw Due Date, with Robert Downey Jr. and Zach Galifianakis. I absolutely HATED this movie. I couldn't sit through it for more than an hour. Once Jamie Foxx showed up, I just said "Done", and walked out of the theater.

Due Date was very obviously going to be the Hangover 2 (even before Hangover 2 comes out). I can't wrap my mind around how you could not expect it to be exactly how it was.

I haven't walked out, since I'm only ever at the theater with other people, but there are many that I have been bored while watching, or just ignoring the film as it goes.

Fanta Grape

Aug 17, 2010
I sat through God damn Battlefield Earth AND AVP2 in the same day. With my friend at home, of course. But still. If I can manage that...

Gaz6231

Nov 1, 2010
Last time I walked out of a movie was when my flatmates were all watching Avatar in the next room. I came in to watch for a while, until they started stealing blowing up the native americans' big blue aliens' land tree. It was at this point I noticed one of the old guard of movie clichés was making an appearance; Mouthy Butch Latina Who Is Usually Called Ramirez or Something. As soon as she uttered the words 'I didn't sign up for this shit' I laughed and left the room.

Moonpig123

Dec 24, 2010
Fanta Grape said:
I sat through God damn Battlefield Earth AND AVP2 in the same day. With my friend at home, of course. But still. If I can manage that...
But... but... why? More to the point... how? I think my brain would have melted and started oozing out my ears...

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
I walked out of War of the Worlds many years ago. It was pretty awful. I just got bored and left, besides we know what happens in the end anyway.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
bob1052 said:
Leemaster777 said:

Due Date was very obviously going to be the Hangover 2 (even before Hangover 2 comes out). I can't wrap my mind around how you could not expect it to be exactly how it was.

I haven't walked out, since I'm only ever at the theater with other people, but there are many that I have been bored while watching, or just ignoring the film as it goes.
Here's the thing, I LOVED the Hangover, and I did indeed think this was going to be in the same vein. However, there's a key difference with this movie: It wasn't funny. At all.

Really, I just found it unpleasant. Downey Jr. was nothing but a complete ass, and Galifianakis, while playing a similar character to the one from Hangover, was simply not fun to watch. He just didn't have the same charm he did in Hangover.

Pretty much all the jokes failed miserably. Without spoiling anything, there's a joke in there about Iraq war veterans. Not only is it NOT funny, it's insulting.

Maybe I just went in with inflated expectations, but this movie just did NOTHING for me.

InsomniJack

Dec 4, 2009
Twilight.

Although, to be honest, it was a DVD.

And strangely, I was able to sit through it's sequels. And they were stupider than the first one.