I just walked out of a movie for the first time today.

Miroku2235

Apr 6, 2006
I walked out of Spanglish. I had heard little to nothing about it, and the TV ads only showed funny bits. So I assumed since it was an Adam Sandler flick it would be humorous. Lordy was I wrong

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
I haven't walked out, just to watch how horrible it was. But, in those circumstances where it's a terrible movie, I proceed to walk into a much better movie immediately thereafter.

ensouls

Feb 1, 2010
Snotnarok said:
I walked out of (my living room) from that new Indiana Jones movie, awful doesn't describe it.
I wanted to walk out of that so badly, but I was with a group and they didn't seem likely to follow me out.

The Chemist

Jun 7, 2010
Christopher Wolfe said:
I walked out of Men In Black 2 and SHOULD have walked out of Monsters and Skyline.

I kept thinking "It's got to have some deep twist...it's got to have some deep twist" the entire time through. And then they (Monsters and Skyline) just end. Bam. Just like that. Credits.

Well, fuck.
Skyline was all sorts of awful until the last 3 or 4 minutes

Netface

Oct 10, 2010
I've never walked out of a movie. Even if I hate it, I'm going to watch until the very end just so I can tell everyone exactly how awful it was.

asterismW

May 26, 2009
InsomniJack said:
Twilight.

Although, to be honest, it was a DVD.

And strangely, I was able to sit through it's sequels. And they were stupider than the first one.
That's because you had the wrong mindset when watching Twilight. Those movies are hilarious. I have a Twilight mocking party whenever a new one comes out, and they're always a riot. Hint: watch with the subtitles on. I've never known subtitles to add to the ridiculousness of a movie, but in Twilight they do.

OT: I've walked out of a few movies. The first was Napoleon Dynamite. The first I should have walked out on was Wild Wild West.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Best of the 3 said:
Nope, but I have slept through a bad one. Luckily I'm a really quiet sleeper.
I made the mistake of doing this on a date once. If you're going to catnap during a chick flick, make sure you wake up before it ends.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I never have. I was VERY TEMPTED to do so during "The Hangover", but it was a friend's birthday party.

In retrospect, not watching that film would have been worth upsetting her over.

EDIT: WAIT!!

Space Chimps. That is all.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Nope, I've never walked out of a movie before. But there were so many times I wanted to turn off he TV when I was watching Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. It was just horrible.

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
Dimensional Vortex said:
Koroviev said:
I've never walked out of a movie as I've rarely been the one footing the bill. However, had it been my money, I would have walked out of the following:

Transformers 2*
Up
Hoodwinked
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World

...There's definitely more, but I can't think of them at the moment. Needless to say, I've all but sworn off American-made animation.

* I did pay for that one; problem is, my friend was my ride home
Wow, what is wrong with those movies? Transformers 2, I will give you that one and I don't know what Hoodwinked is, but from what I have heard, Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World, Toy Story 3 and Zombieland have all been at least decent if not better. Also I liked the movie up when I watched it with my family, nothing better than a bitter old man yelling at a cute fat kid *chuckles*
I can provide reasons. I'll admit that most of my disdain resulted from unmet expectations. As you pointed out, none of those movies, save for Transformers 2 and Hoodwinked, were poorly received by critics. As a matter of fact, they were praised. My problem is that I went to see those movies based on the aforementioned praise, only to discover that, in my opinion, they were unworthy of the praise they received.

Up: I think it started out all right. However, I lost interest when the plot started pandering to children. I'll take American animation seriously when it starts taking itself seriously, realizing that youth need not be equated with blatant stupidity (see: talking dogs).

Toy Story 3: Bland beyond belief. I have no idea why this film received such sparkling reviews. The plot was utterly predictable and the laughs were few and far in between.

Zombieland: As with Up, I think this one started out pretty good. Unfortunately, it lost steam a little more than midway through, the laughs becoming sparse and eventually petering out before the conclusion.

Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World: Not much to say about this one. "Stupid" just about sums it up for me.

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
Xanian said:
Up
Koroviev said:
I've never walked out of a movie as I've rarely been the one footing the bill. However, had it been my money, I would have walked out of the following:

Transformers 2*
Up
Hoodwinked
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World

...There's definitely more, but I can't think of them at the moment. Needless to say, I've all but sworn off American-made animation.

* I did pay for that one; problem is, my friend was my ride home
Up = obvious troll bait. Too obvious to take seriously. L2P.
I don't know what L2P means. All I know is that I genuinely disliked Up. So, there you go.

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
Leemaster777 said:
As the title suggests, I just walked out of a movie for the first time today.

I've seen some bad movies in the past, but today, I saw a movie SO bad I could no longer sit through it.

I saw Due Date, with Robert Downey Jr. and Zach Galifianakis. I absolutely HATED this movie. I couldn't sit through it for more than an hour. Once Jamie Foxx showed up, I just said "Done", and walked out of the theater.

So, yeah, have any of you ever walked out of a horrible movie before?
Saw it too, awful,the only funny parts were in the trailer

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Well, not walked out but turned off the TV or DVD player has happened a few times.

InsomniJack

Dec 4, 2009
asterismW said:
InsomniJack said:
Twilight.

Although, to be honest, it was a DVD.

And strangely, I was able to sit through it's sequels. And they were stupider than the first one.
That's because you had the wrong mindset when watching Twilight. Those movies are hilarious. I have a Twilight mocking party whenever a new one comes out, and they're always a riot. Hint: watch with the subtitles on. I've never known subtitles to add to the ridiculousness of a movie, but in Twilight they do.
Trust me, the mocking [http://byspecialrequest.wordpress.com/2010/07/02/twilight-saga-new-moon/] was the only thing that kept me going with those two films. By the time I tried to get around the first, I just couldn't find the will to make it through.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Well, not walked out but turned off the TV or DVD player has happened a few times.

philzibit

May 25, 2009
I actually thought Due Date was revolutionary, having a main character be gay without drawing attention to it and making it a punch line every 5 minutes. I didn't thing it was a bad movie, but from Robert Downey jr, I expect better.

OT: I pay my 10 dollars (and usually another 10 for my date), I'm sitting through a shitty movie. Plus, I enjoy the drive home ranting about it. Of course, with Transformers 2 (it was just fucking boring) and Don't Mess With the Zohan (offensive and unfunny), I came close.