I keep giving my timestamped pictures to guys who want to join female-only communities.

Dismal purple

Oct 28, 2010
Xsjadoblayde said:
Do you dislike these females attempt at creating such a group? What entertainment value does it yield to sabotage their idea? Is there more to knowing other people are pretending they are you?
One thing I don't get though; how has that group not noticed that your pic has regularly been applying, perhaps even multiple times at the same time to their group? Is there something I'm misunderstanding here?
"Do you dislike these females attempt at creating such a group?"
A little bit. I implied above that I dislike exclusivity.
"What entertainment value does it yield"
It's a bonding experience with the guys in question. It's like I'm on their side instead of being part of "team girl". If they manage to pull off a good "troll" that's also a bonus.
"how has that group not noticed that your pic has regularly been applying"
The chat group was a one off thing that only lasted for a few days. The other times I've lent my picture it was for online games and forums. So only one time per community.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Dismal purple said:
Silentpony said:
But this whole pretending to be a chick to spy on other chicks seems...voyeuristic.
I think they are transcending gender boundaries and getting a look at "the other side". Seeing what it's like.
The weird thing is that they are better at it than I am.
Well no, because they're telling secrets under false pretense. Everyone in the chat is trusting that the others are who they say they are, ie females. Its not a male's discussion. I wouldn't say its 'not for male ears' because we all took biology and the like, so we know about periods, cramps, bloating, etc...
But there's an understanding being violated with it. A "We all can share and we're all here to help" while a dude lurks in the corner giggling.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Dismal purple said:
I apologize; When I think about it there's nothing explicitly sexist about your statement. The way you phrased it is very common among misandrists though so I guess I jumped the gun.
That's quite alright, I'm pretty bad at phrasing in general. It's easier in real life where people know I don't mean anything by it.
I think I'd make a pretty bad misandrist, though.

Dismal purple said:
"Do you dislike these females attempt at creating such a group?"
A little bit. I implied above that I dislike exclusivity.
"What entertainment value does it yield"
It's a bonding experience with the guys in question. It's like I'm on their side instead of being part of "team girl". If they manage to pull off a good "troll" that's also a bonus.
"how has that group not noticed that your pic has regularly been applying"
The chat group was a one off thing that only lasted for a few days. The other times I've lent my picture it was for online games and forums. So only one time per community.
I get the feeling you've got rather complicated feelings about "Team Girl".
EDIT: Again, apologies if I'm too blunt.

Dismal purple

Oct 28, 2010
Silentpony said:
Dismal purple said:
Silentpony said:
But this whole pretending to be a chick to spy on other chicks seems...voyeuristic.
I think they are transcending gender boundaries and getting a look at "the other side". Seeing what it's like.
The weird thing is that they are better at it than I am.
Well no, because they're telling secrets under false pretense. Everyone in the chat is trusting that the others are who they say they are, ie females. Its not a male's discussion. I wouldn't say its 'not for male ears' because we all took biology and the like, so we know about periods, cramps, bloating, etc...
But there's an understanding being violated with it. A "We all can share and we're all here to help" while a dude lurks in the corner giggling.
If it was secret they wouldn't discuss it in a chat room full of strangers. It doesn't become confidential or a safe space just because everyone is female. Any one of those women could be a troll taking screen shots and looking to stir things up.

Not trying to defend myself by the way, I admit that I was up to no good. Just want to clear out any misunderstandings.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
[quote="Dismal purple" post="18.946067.23876412"
The weird thing is that they are better at it than I am.[/quote]

Hang on, what sort of age range are we talking about here?

MeatMachine

Dr. Stan Gray
May 31, 2011
You are a spy for the patriarchy, and are assisting male infiltration into female spaces.
You are not a dick, you are an agent of goodwill.
Your check is in the mail.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Eh, no big deal I think.

I think the most important question is why did you help them?

"Because they're my friends" isn't acceptable to me. I'd appreciate some insight.

Also, here's something fairly random [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_rttgtyigc].

Cold Shiny

May 10, 2015
Just because I'm super bored right, now I will give you my opinion.

That's a deceptive thing to do, but ultimately harmless.

There, I added nothing to this conversation lol.

Dismal purple

Oct 28, 2010
Baffle2 said:
Hang on, what sort of age range are we talking about here?
Young adults in their twenties. Not sure about the scammed world of warcraft players though.

MeatMachine said:
You are a spy for the patriarchy, and are assisting male infiltration into female spaces.
You are not a dick, you are an agent of goodwill.
Your check is in the mail.
Men aren't in a conspiracy together. Trust me.

Frezzato said:
Eh, no big deal I think.

I think the most important question is why did you help them?

"Because they're my friends" isn't acceptable to me. I'd appreciate some insight.

Also, here's something fairly random [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_rttgtyigc].
I think that's the student housing in Uppsala. I'm glad I don't have to put up with that.

I never get cat-called on the streets or harassed in online games, and no one has inadvertently "fallen in love" with me. But when I lend my image to guys these things start to happen.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I'm guessing you either have some kind of issue with homosocial women, or you place a lot of stock in winning the approval of your male friends. Bear in mind, most guys are primarily homosocial as well. The idea that pretending to be a girl online counts as transcending gender boundaries kind of indicates that your friends might have had pretty strict gender boundaries to begin with. It's hardly maximum genderfuck.

But ultimately, what you're doing is pretty harmless.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
tippy2k2 said:
...what?

erttheking responded so I assume that combination of words you put down makes sense in some context but I have no clue what you're asking.

Am I old? Is this my turning point where I don't know what them darn kids are talking about nowadays?
Old forms of timestamped photos has been around for years ... usually in the past as a highly secure and indirect means to show loved ones those who get kidnapped are still alive without having to use live connections. Makes it easier to get ransom. Particularly if you can show a clear chronological progression of visible injury and negligence due to a lack of correspondence <.<

Funnily enough almost used in the same vein here...

bastardofmelbourne

Dec 11, 2012
Dismal purple said:
One day I was reading a contact thread with a friend of mine. In the thread some girls were assembling a girls-only chatroom, they required that you post a picture of yourself before joining. My friend asked me if I could give him a picture of myself so he could join it. I sent him a picture of myself and he started chatting with these girls. They just talked about periods though so he left pretty soon. But I kept doing it with other friends; Giving them pictures of myself so they could pretend to be girls on the internet for various purposes, including joining female-only forums, but also convincing guys in videogames to give them free stuff. We have done it on four different occasions now. My friends are more ruthless than me so they can use my looks better than I ever could.
Oh, wow. You're a dick.

[sub][sub][sub]/sarcasm off[/sub][/sub][/sub]

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
As long as they aren't using them to by dicks, as far as you know, then you aren't being a dick.

Maybe a bit too trusting, but not a dick.

Jux

Hmm
Sep 2, 2012
Makes me wonder how much of the 'fake gamer girl that uses her looks to get free shit in game' is really just dudes posing as women.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
I question the need for such things existing. Like, I wouldn't be shy or weird talking about male issues with a co-ed chatroom. Maybe society puts more of a shame tinge on things like periods and whatnot but still, I don't think fencing off yourself does anything to fix the issue. The internet is supposed to be the kind of place where you anonymously ask about how to use a butt-plug without shame and whatnot, this kinda misses the point entirely lol. Maybe it's full of internet newb normies who use their real names and pictures everywhere and don't get it? Ah well...

Level 7 Dragon

Typo Kign
Mar 29, 2011
Well, to be fair, I never thought that gender segregated communities are that common enough to warrent such a thing. I've visited a few radfem circles on tumblr back in the day and even those people wernt paranoid enough to check the genitals of each newcomer.

Makes you wonder what percentage of users lie about their gender in their respective groups. Imagine 12% of NEETs and MGTOWs being female Harvard sociology and psychoanalysis researchers in disquise.

Dismal purple

Oct 28, 2010
Level 7 Dragon said:
Well, to be fair, I never thought that gender segregated communities are that common enough to warrent such a thing. I've visited a few radfem circles on tumblr back in the day and even those people wernt paranoid enough to check the genitals of each newcomer.

Makes you wonder what percentage of users lie about their gender in their respective groups. Imagine 12% of NEETs and MGTOWs being female Harvard sociology and psychoanalysis researchers in disquise.
I suspect that there are more than 12% female NEETs even without troll accounts. I know two girls who used to be NEETs. I was one for six years.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
If the guys are actively being dicks and you know about it, it's a bit dickish. It's like knowing about a hole in the locker room, and leading other girls by it and boys to the other end as well. But ultimately if they're more so just curious, I don't see the total harm in it. It's dishonest, which from a pride standpoint I don't care for, but it's the internet, if I said I was a purple dinosaur on here, and I got to join the purple dinosaur club because of it, I'm not preventing anyone else from joining the club, and if I'm not out to hurt anyone it's not like I'm hurting anything. As for getting free stuff in games, it's a bit malicious, but anyone that would just randomly give stuff in a game to a girl probably needs a wake up call anyway for being that desperate.

With the whole "what do girls talk about when boys aren't around," I'm assuming it's roughly the same as what guys talk about when girls aren't around. It's just a space you feel more comfortable sharing some information with than others. I also don't tell my guy friends a lot of my anxiety and depression issues just because I feel less comfortable talking about that with them than I do the girls I know. You feel more likely to open up about different things with the different people in your life, differing mostly on how you've grown to interact with them, and the guys in my life we interact in a more destructive manner towards ourselves and each other, and the girls we interact in a more productive manner, building each other up and trying to actively help each other out. I myself need both, the reality check of my guys, and a chance to build myself up with the girls. Maybe I'll meet a few guys that can make me feel good about myself, and a few girls I feel comfortable enough to endearingly call "******," but as things are, my interactions are as they are right now, and I don't feel the rush to change that. Maybe that's sexist of me, maybe I'm furthering the gay agenda, maybe I'm enabling the patriarchy. Ultimately, I don't fully care, I imagine there aren't too many girls that would line up for the degrading I give to my guy friends, nor many guys willing to open up enough to hear about and show genuine care for another guy out there, so I feel I'm doing everyone a service in delegating my bullshit as much as possible. In theory I think it's important to tear down these barriers, and break these chains of love, and open up to people only differentiating on their personality, rather than sex organ, but in practice, it can be a bit more difficult for some people, and I don't think it's inherently a bad thing either to have some circles that you act differently with. People are complicated, and no one other individual will ever be capable of getting you on a deep enough level and being tolerable enough with that you can be everything that you are around them. You need more groups of friends really.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Jux said:
Makes me wonder how much of the 'fake gamer girl that uses her looks to get free shit in game' is really just dudes posing as women.
Oh, it's always been mostly guys. Of course it has happened, because as with all shitty stereotypes there's some basis in reality, but it's never as widespread as people are wont to think.

As for the thread proper, the buzzword drop of "misandrist" is all I need to know that my input here really won't matter that much.