I keep giving my timestamped pictures to guys who want to join female-only communities.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Dismal purple said:
Bit of perspective from a man. If being told you're not a real man if you're uncomfortable when talking about menstruation makes you feel like you've been castrated, you never had anything to lose.

The whole over glorification of genitalia and hysteria about emasculation always came off as a bunch of white noise to me anyway. It's a pointless pride thing.

Dismal purple

Oct 28, 2010
erttheking said:
Dismal purple said:
Bit of perspective from a man. If being told you're not a real man if you're uncomfortable when talking about menstruation makes you feel like you've been castrated, you never had anything to lose.

The whole over glorification of genitalia and hysteria about emasculation always came off as a bunch of white noise to me anyway.
Okay but what about when it gets more serious than that? When someone tells you that you're not a real man if you can't provide for your wife, don't want to raise another man's kid, WANT to raise another man's kid, work as an english teacher, or in general don't do things that they want you to do? Isn't that screwed up and manipulative?

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Dismal purple said:
erttheking said:
Dismal purple said:

The whole over glorification of genitalia and hysteria about emasculation always came off as a bunch of white noise to me anyway.
Okay but what about when it gets more serious than that? When someone tells you that you're not a real man if you can't provide for your wife, don't want to raise another man's kid, WANT to raise another man's kid, work as an english teacher, or in general don't do things that they want you to do? Isn't that screwed up and manipulative?
Yes, but as we're not talking about anything that's actually shaming people for their lifestyle, it's a moot point.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
Dismal purple said:
If symbolically castrating people by telling them they're not real men counts as stamping out gender roles, sure. But I think most guys want to hold on to their manhood and not have it taken away by people they don't know.
Symbolically castrating people? Jeez, that's a bit dramatic.

I think the majority of guys are strong enough not to feel like someone's after their manbits for disagreeing with them. The whole 'emasculation' issue is pretty ridiculous. I give guys a bit more credit than that.