I like Call Of Duty

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Ok. I like CoD 4. I also like CoD 1, 2, and Big Red One. I don't like the newer ones, because I just don't find them fun. Black Ops 2 seems semi-interesting. It at least seems more original than the other games. I won't buy it new, probably used, 2 years after release, so I can play the campaign, without all my friends messaging me to play online with them.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
COD MW3 - I could write a big rant on this game and why its the worst fucking FPS ever.
Perspective. People need it. There are soooooo many games out there that aren't even competent at letting you point the gun and shoot things.

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
You're free to like what you want, you know. There's no law against it. CoD's fine for what people expect it to be. It's a war game. My main issue is with Black Ops. You said you like MGS. I do too. I love stealth games. And I thought a game with "Black Ops" in the title would include a good deal of MGS-like stealth, but NOPE. That was my main issue with the franchise, but it's fine otherwise. I'm more of an Assassin's Creed kind of girl anyway.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
Anthraxus said:
ManThatYouFear said:
I dont hate the CoD community, i hate other devs thinking all we want is CoD type games.
Guess why they think that ?

BECAUSE ALL THESE FUCKING RETARDS KEEP BUYING THE SHIT
Because heaven forbid people buy games they actually like! Seriously this fucking snobbery pisses me off.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
I feel bad for CoD players and I'm confused that they put up with being expected to pay full price year in year out for their map packs, but if you enjoy a game and there's only one way to get to play more of it I guess bending over backwards'll do. CoD doesn't deserve your money, it doesn't deserve its fanbase and it treats the fanbase it has with disrespect because they can get away with it. But that doesn't make the fans stupid or poor people, it makes them victims of Activision's blatantly pathetic attempt to nickel and dime their consumers.

captcha: moot point
...what're you getting at, captcha?

SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Phlakes said:
There are soooooo many games out there that aren't even competent at letting you point the gun and shoot things.
And they are all better than MW3.

Haha, you moron.

MW3 isn't a "game".

ThePS1Fan

Dec 22, 2011

I like CoD to. Although I'm starting to lose interest and have no plans of buying BlOps 2.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Rock-nerd said:
Yep, i admit it. I like... Call of Duty. Say what you want but i enjoy something, i don't rub it in your face about it, yet everyone is still hating on the CoD community. You probably see me as some ignorant 12 year old who says "******" over and over on xbox live, but the truth is Metal Gear Solid is my favourite franchise, i love Bethesda games and play mass effect. But if i like COD then i'm a "poor excuse for a gamer" *Facedesk.

So what do you think?
So do I. I just wish they'd let me buy the singleplayer (which is somewhat enjoyable) without paying for mulitplayer (which I hate).

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
runnernda said:
You're free to like what you want, you know. There's no law against it. CoD's fine for what people expect it to be. It's a war game. My main issue is with Black Ops. You said you like MGS. I do too. I love stealth games. And I thought a game with "Black Ops" in the title would include a good deal of MGS-like stealth, but NOPE. That was my main issue with the franchise, but it's fine otherwise. I'm more of an Assassin's Creed kind of girl anyway.
a first person stealth game sounds awesome....it's not gonna happen is it?

O.T. well like what you like I will not judge you only the kids who think it's best game out there and not touch any other games unless it looks like CoD

Baron_Rouge

Oct 30, 2009
BloatedGuppy said:
That's cool. I like tuna fish. I had two tuna fish sandwiches last night, and they were pretty good. Not SUPER good, but pretty good. I really like having them with this particular kind of Italian Bread. I don't know why, but it goes really good with Tuna.
I like tuna! I also like Call of Duty, but I enjoy tuna in comparison to other foods of a comparable price and nutritional value more than I enjoy Call of Duty in comparison to other video games of a similar price and genre. Not that they're in any way comparable. But do you know what the name of the bread was? I'm always on the lookout for new taste sensations.

Lt._nefarious

Apr 11, 2012
It's not a big deal...I like Call of Duty too and so do lots of people... Its very good and there is nothing wrong with it...

I wish people would just leave CoD alone and admit it does what it sets out to do; be silly fun...

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
I like CoD as well. And I can kinda get where the OP is coming from, given this site's blattant distaste towards the game and its community.

TephlonPrice

Dec 24, 2011
I like COD.

Maybe it's me, but I like high-speed action that makes you a one man army against legions of others trying to kill you. And its low entry barrier was something I liked. Of course, I like to rent these things before I throw actual money on this shit, especially in the era of releasing unfinished games & expecting the shit to get patched on day one.

If anything, Call of Duty's success kinda reminds me of Counter-Strike in a way: mostly asshole-grade community, relatively easily accessible, and still has some fun with things outside of multiplayer (Survival mode anyone?)

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Rock-nerd said:
Yep, i admit it. I like... Call of Duty. Say what you want but i enjoy something, i don't rub it in your face about it, yet everyone is still hating on the CoD community. You probably see me as some ignorant 12 year old who says "******" over and over on xbox live, but the truth is Metal Gear Solid is my favourite franchise, i love Bethesda games and play mass effect. But if i like COD then i'm a "poor excuse for a gamer" *Facedesk.

So what do you think?
I play Call of Duty, I like MW2, but I don't like Call of Duty as a whole.
MW3 sucks ass and I have to stop playing it whenever the bullshit outweighs the enjoyment I get out of it.
I would play Halo more, but my friend doesn't play it, and it is much more difficult to carry a team of bads on Halo than it is on MW3.

I'm hooked on Valkyria Chronicles atm though, so all shooters can go to hell :D

Smithburg

May 21, 2009
BloatedGuppy said:
That's cool. I like tuna fish. I had two tuna fish sandwiches last night, and they were pretty good. Not SUPER good, but pretty good. I really like having them with this particular kind of Italian Bread. I don't know why, but it goes really good with Tuna.
Damn you sir, now i want tuna XD

Captcha: Nap time... Well, I guess it is then

Jun 11, 2008
That's nice. I hate what it has become because of Activision has done to it but if you still want to buy it that is your money once a year not mine.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
And I like Final Fantasy XIII. But I don't need to make a thread declaring it to the entire internet.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Rock-nerd said:

So what do you think?
Again, so what? I'm guilty of purchasing nearly anything that vaguely feels like an adventure game, regardless of its quality. It's just a personal preference of mine. I like to scan for pixels onscreen and to give myself an afternoon's worth of trouble trying to get things like the Blade Runner game to run properly on Windows 7.

Is that a crime?

So honestly, don't pay attention to both sides of the fence and you'll be much better off. On one end you've got supposed neckbeards claiming that anyone who plays CoD can't possibly be a decent gamer, while you've got alleged frat boys and casual types who consider CoD to be God's gift to Mankind and every vaguely casual first-person game to be mind-blowingly awesome.

It's much easier to deny both sides of the fence and stick by your opinion. Otherwise, you're succumbing to the temptation of slinging mud in the faces of other people who don't really deserve the effort you might put into being derogatory.

You're also better off dropping the expectation that saying "I like Call of Duty!" on a forum will get you swathed in hateful and misinformed comments. Give people some credit.