I listen to music nobody else listens to...

Soluncreed

Sep 24, 2009
Try the band Hurt. While most of their songs are sad, everything by J. Loren Wince is beautiful. He was raised on Classical music and his music obviously shows its influences.

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
BarbaricGoose said:
Matthew Ryder said:
I'm also into prog (Boris, Mars Volta, King Crimson etc) could you recommend some prog bands for me?

p.s no dream theatre they are bad prog imo
There's some prog in the previous message I posted here. I wanna say the first three. I lean more towards the heavier progressive, though.

Cynic are progressive metal, don't know if you'll like them since you put "Mars Volta" in there, but I think they're great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fhVLykF3nU

Communic are great, as well. Again, though, they lean more towards metal. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhSy4M2zqDs

Age of Nemesis is another good'n. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uThewjbZMxo&feature=related

If you like any of those, or any of the ones in my previous post, I'll keep goin'.
Also, Ayreon and Guilt Machine, they are two good prog-metal bands. Indeed, there are also many power metal bands with prog elements. Don't know if that's too the OP's taste though.

On topic. Most of my university friends are into fairly standard rock bands or the pop stuff you here at night clubs. Me, and most of my old high school friends, prefer various forms of metal. I like power/prog metal- i'm yet to find anyone else in university whom has similar music tastes to me.

Bealzibob

Jul 4, 2009
Matthew Ryder said:
BarbaricGoose said:
Matthew Ryder said:
[

-A I don't have a name for this Snip-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WkaeBZ1kGU&feature=related
-A common hate for emo music snip-
I don't know if i'm a real fan of prog rock but I got slightly into thanks to the late TooL albums and recently started listening to Porcupine Tree which I have been reassured is Prog music...

Anyway, listen to these. Judge yourself.

Hmmmm, I'm afraid that the songs i wanted to list are victims of WMG.
So search around for (Pretty much the incident Album):
"I Occam's Razor"
"V Drawing the line"
"VII Your unpleasant family"

Unforunately, we will have to enjoy this one that I don't mind.

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
First theres always someone else that listens to an artist you like. Except maybe if you listen to Hello Kitty Suicide Club.

I listen to Equilibrum but I know for a fact alot of people listen to it but no one I know in person does so ill go with that.

Kausill

May 23, 2010
BarbaricGoose said:
As long as you're not a hipster. Hahahaha. Oh.. I hate those guys.

I suppose I'm more into progressive rock and folk. Hadn't even heard of this Michael Buble fellow until he appeared on the Colbert Report. I don't hate his music, but I wouldn't buy it. I like to think I can listen to anything except rap. Hell, I can even do some rap. Like that song at the beginning of The Boondocks? Maybe that's hip hop, I don't even know.

Are you looking for suggestions, or just people of a like mind?
PROG ROCK FTW!!!
Nothing better than a good old song to cheer you up.
Or gaming xD.

DemonicVixen

Oct 24, 2009
Deadlock Radium said:
I mostly listen to Melodic death Metal and rick and all that, but there is exceptions, like Simon and Garfunkel. Call my taste of music weird if you want to.
<youtube=m_jmDscGi7E>
If you don't smile, sing or even hum along, you are a soulless creature!
Grew up with this and many of their songs. Still got the actual LP vinyl records or whatever you call them (they were my mum's so i have no idea lol)along with 2 working record players.

OT: I like many types of music, old or new as long as it sounds good. Currently my boyfriend is getting me into Dance music and im loving it but im still into the likes of Everly Brothers, Buddy Holly, Simon and Garfunkel, Art Garfunkel (solo), Meat Loaf and many many more old-new artists. Anyway, you get the picture lol.