I live in Bioware vill.

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
So, I'm guessing not many of you have heard of the city Edmonton. It's in western Canada, and it's very cold. -40 in the middle of winter cold. A million people live there, mainly because it is just south of the oil sands. If you live in Edmonton, +200 exp +150 gold.

ANYWAYS. Recently I found out that, I may be wrong, Bioware is BASED in Edmonton. No, not just a studio, but based. Also, we are the city in Endwar (it might just be the book) that the is a huge fight in with the russians and they blow up some of our bridges. Now, for a small town like this I find that quite cool that we have two things related to video games.

So, to all people in towns less then a million, is there any sort of link to the video game industry in your community?

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
Actually, Bioware started here, as an offshoot of the University of Alberta Comp Sci and Comp Eng. faculties, but they now maintain other offices, I think. They were down by Whyte ave. for a while, though.

Also, the Capital Region area (Edmonton, Sherwood Park, St. Albert, Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, and Leduc) has about 1.2m people, if I remember correctly.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I live 15 minutes away from Retro Studios (who made The Metroid Prime series).

Actually, there was a Game Informer feature about Austin developers. I'm trying to find a link to it.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
I live, or at least I think I do, near the Epic developer. Or it could be just some random company with a very similar name(Epic Industries, or Epic Incorporated.).

Westaway

Nov 9, 2009
That is very interesting, thank you. I just found out they started here in a news article a few months back about a gay reationship in dragon age origins.

Vivaldi

Jul 26, 2008
Redmond, Washington.

We got:

Valve
Bungie
Microsoft
Amazon (Seattle, but whatever, close enough)
and Digipen University.

Oh yeah :D

RathWolf

Apr 14, 2009
I live about 10 minutes away from Bethesda. Unfortunately I live right outside the boundaries of Fallout 3's area, so I didn't get to experience any neat Capital Wasteland parallel.

Apr 28, 2008
I used to live near Bungie's old offices (Chicago)
But then they moved.

I live in Vermont now, which has no one to my knowledge.

Blueruler182

May 21, 2010
I live in the Great Vancouver Area in BC. I believe it's been described as the Hollywood of gaming. Hell, right now I'm watching the house of the project lead of Need for Speed. Fun times... fun times...

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
I don't live near any developer.

That's because no developers reside here. Not a studio, not based, no nothing.