I need a franchise to get into; I am bored.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Legacy of Kain, you can pick the collection up on GoG pretty cheap! Dark Gothic atmosphere, awesome voice acting and characters as well as one of the best plots in gaming, in my humble opinion.

romanator0

Jun 3, 2011
If you haven't played it before then get Mount and Blade: Warband. The only real goal in the game is to conquer the world but if you want you can play as a merchant instead or work the political system and work the lords against each other. There are also tons of mods that you can download that can either change certain systems or change every part of the game.

LoreFF

Oct 29, 2013
As someone already said the witcher 1 and 2 are both excellent games well worth a playthrough. Mount and blade is a great game for roleplaying and there is many ways of playing this game ,be it knight, or merchant etc.

I also advised playing through the Dragon Age Series.
The first game Dragon age :Origins is a great and MASSIVE game with many hours of content.
Dragon age 2 is a decent game but in my opinion not as good as the first, still worth a playthrough though ,and the 3rd are on the horizon and it looks to be an awsome game.

jebara

Nov 19, 2009
Was gonna recommend the shit out of Persona 4,Ace Attorney/Ghost Trick, Dark Souls and the Portal series since those are the games I obsess over.
You can get two of those at least since their on PC, if you have a PS2/Vita for P4 or 3/DS for Ace Attorney I say give those a try.

Agronomist

Nov 8, 2013
Try the Monster Hunter series, they are all great games. The universe is so vast and big and it will be difficult to get into at first but when you master your hunt it will feel magnificent.

You can put in tons of hours and always find new and refreshing things to do, it is my fav series.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
I got big into oldschool 2D arcade games like shmups and platformers (Jamestown, Blue Wish Resurrection, Mega Man, Bunny Must Die, Gun Girl 2) after coming off a 3 year stint of Eve Online. There is noting wrong with continuing to play RPG's but now is the right time to try something totally different, even genres you didn't like in the past.

Another vote for Dark Souls (with a pad)