I Need More Metal!! D:

Dante DiVongola

Jul 1, 2011
Since I'm a lazy punk who doesn't feel like scrounging up bands from metal-archives.com, I wanted to ask anyone who knows quite a bit about metal and metal bands to send me some videos or some band names that I can look up. Right now, I'm looking to hear anything that sounds like Norther, Red Fang, Dark Tranquility, or Devildriver. If you have any other suggestions, that'd be cool too, so long as they're metal bands/artists and they aren't super obvious like Slayer, Dethklok, Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth, etc.

EDIT: I loved all of the suggestions, but allow me to tweak the criteria a little more. I'm looking for some melodic death metal, stoner metal, avante-guard metal, or maybe even some funeral metal if you guys have any suggestions for that. Other than that, keep rockin' hard, people! \m/

Noala

Jun 3, 2010
Dante DiVongola said:
Since I'm a lazy punk who doesn't feel like scrounging up bands from metal-archives.com, I wanted to ask anyone who knows quite a bit about metal and metal bands to send me some videos or some band names that I can look up. Right now, I'm looking to hear anything that sounds like Norther, Red Fang, Dark Tranquility, or Devildriver. If you have any other suggestions, that'd be cool too, so long as they're metal bands/artists and they aren't super obvious like Slayer, Dethklok, Children of Bodom, Cradle of Filth, etc.
(some of these might be super obvious)
At The Gates
Ensiferum
Moonsorrow
Skyforger

Dante DiVongola

Jul 1, 2011
LastGreatBlasphemer said:
Dimmu Borgir (any videoon Youtube you can find by them is pretty triumphant, allt heir songs are badass.)
Behemoth (Death Metal incarnate)
Graveworm (Pretty damn good. They're like Cradle of Filth lite. Great "Losing My religion and Fear of the Dark covers)
Immortal (Haven't heard much by them, but I totally dig anything Pandora throws up by them.)
Dark Funeral (pick and choose, some of their songs are extremely repetitive)
Amon Amarth (Viking Metal)
Alestorm (pirate metal, hell yeah)
That should keep you busy for a while.
Loll sorry dude, I've heard of all of those and they aren't fitting my fancy. Though I agree that Alestorm is metal as fuck! \m/

Dante DiVongola

Jul 1, 2011
Noala said:
Dante DiVongola said:
(some of these might be super obvious)
At The Gates
Ensiferum
Moonsorrow
Skyforger
Loll just a little :p Though I'm not a huge fan of At The Gates, one of the Skyforger songs reminded me of Lordi mixed with the extract of pure awesome. \m/ Keep rockin' hard, broski!

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
Here are some random selections from my music library

Draconian: An excellent Gothic Doom band

Satariel: I don't know much about this band, except that their Chifra EP is very good.

Stormlord: Epic sounding black metal.

Empyrium: Their first two albums are some very nice sounding folk metal.

Gorguts: Their Obscura album is easily the best death metal I have ever heard. Warning: not for the faint of heart.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
Daath
3 Inchs of Blood
Sabaton
Korpiklaani
Asphyxia Fiend

Thats all I got for now...hope you find something in there

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
If you like fantasy epics, you're in luck with Rhapsody of Fire.

ABAP

Feb 4, 2012

Not melodic death metal like most of what you posted, but it's obscure, it's good, and it's at least a bit melodic.

A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
Nouw said:
If you like fantasy epics, you're in luck with Rhapsody of Fire.
Actually, they are called only Rhapsody, just pointing that out :D

Sadly aside from that tidbit i dont really have any suggestions aside from what are already said or well known to begin with.

Cerdog

Dec 7, 2010
Invection are mostly straight up thrash, but I have a feeling this song might be up your street:

Similar sort of situation here, but you're probably more likely to have heard of Artillery:

Something a bit heavier; black metal, but a bit more melody than might be typical:

launchpadmcqwak

Dec 6, 2011
Dante DiVongola said:
check out mastodon's sludge metal stuff. or Evile? they are really good