I NEED more music, and good music too.

Plazmatic

May 4, 2009
look I am sick and tired of the SHIT songs on the radio, and the fact that every top music site I come across has shitty music, even their supposed "top ten" aren't good.

What I need is at least some bands I can look into to get more music! At the moment I have just over 200 songs, half of which are no good.

Give me any music you think is good PLEASE. It does not matter if it's foreign or not (I am an american).

Also while your at it, what is the band that sings the song in this tribute vid? http://vimeo.com/8186760 (I cant tell if its two or one band, but if its two tell me both bands, or the name of the song(s))

If there is already a thread like this, direct me too it, search isn't working ATM

Monkeytacoz

Sep 22, 2009
Mastodon, Group X: Arabian Rap Sensations, Wesley Willis, Queensryche, Alice in Chains, Vajas, Jimi Hendrix, The Zombies, Valiant Thorr, The Police, Pantera, Anthrax, Oasis, Night Ranger, Steely Dan, Flaming Lips, Ween

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
[sub]...should I ask him? maybe I shouldn't... Might as well...[/sub] How do you feel about J-Pop?

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Plazmatic said:
look I am sick and tired of the SHIT songs on the radio, and the fact that every top music site I come across has shitty music, even their supposed "top ten" are good.

What I need is at least some bands I can look into to get more music! At the moment I have just over 200 songs, half of which are no good.

Give me any music you think is good PLEASE. It does not matter if it's foreign or not (I am an american).

Also while your at it, what is the band that sings the song in this tribute vid? http://vimeo.com/8186760 (I cant tell if its two or one band, but if its two tell me both bands, or the name of the song(s))

If there is already a thread like this, direct me too it, search isn't working ATM
Coheed and Cambria. Do it. Try Time Consumer and A Favor House Atlantic. You'll probably like Welcome Home, but it is seriously their worst song, listen to the other stuff.

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
Mastodon

Crystal Castles

Krallice

iwrestledabearonce

Star Wars Soundtracks

Insect Warfare

Lady GaGa

[sub]Go get 'em tiger[/sub]

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
TheNumber1Zero said:
[sub]...should I ask him? maybe I shouldn't... Might as well...[/sub] How do you feel about J-Pop?
I'm going to await the answer to this too.
For probably the same reasons as you.

teh_n00b_root

Sep 5, 2009
Try for some of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Some of there songs are amazing. Also try some old(ish) bands like the beatles and the who. Some of the best bands ever. But if your more into things like funk, id give Bootsy Collins a try. Best. Bassist. Ever.

Uberjoe19

Spartacus
Jan 25, 2009
I suggest some heavy metal and death metal.

Bands like:
The Acacia Strain
At The Throne of Judgment
All That Remains
The Black Dahlia Murder
Straight Line Stitch

Please note, these bands utilize screams and growls to deliver the lyrics, so Your Mileage May Vary.

Plazmatic

May 4, 2009
looked it up, Japanese pop? probably not... But Ill look into it

TheNumber1Zero said:

danosaurus

Mar 11, 2008
Plazmatic said:
look I am sick and tired of the SHIT songs on the radio, and the fact that every top music site I come across has shitty music, even their supposed "top ten" are good.

What are we working with here?
You're gunna receive a lot of shitty hardcore or rap suggestions if you don't point us in the right direction.

Rock?
Hip-Hop?
Classical?
Electronic?

Plazmatic

May 4, 2009
Pretty much every thing except country, I don't like most country, I guess I would prefer it to not be too soft, but then again, there are good soft songs. And I don't necessarily find rap bad in all cases

I really wanted the suggestions to be more free however, so I could look into the music without prejudice.

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
Depends what you are looking for.
I personally prefer just plain rock music, so my top picks for listening recommendations would be Rolling Stones, The Who, Queens of the Stone Age, and Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds/ Grinderman, among many.

Oh yeah, because I love plugging lesser known bands, Carbon Leaf, if you like folksier rock. I wouldn't really recommend their two latest albums because they have a more pop taste to them.

atalanta

Dec 27, 2009
Uh, okay. A couple of different genres here --

Mahler
Spoon
Neutral Milk Hotel
Johnny Cash (even people who hate country like Johnny Cash)
Blackalicious
Prokofiev
Pendulum
Nightwish
Cut Chemist
Hedningarna
Crying Nut
Kraftwerk