I need some help using my 360 controller on my PC.

The Potato Lord

Dec 20, 2007
I heve recently gotten S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl on my PC and I'm trying to use an xbox 360 controller to play it. Unfortunately, the game won't let me map controls to it and I decided to see if anyone at The Escapist could help me.

I'm using windows xp and the controller is listed as TSZ360 pad.
Thanks in advance.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
sirdanrhodes said:
Controllers in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. are not supported to my knowledge.
I think this is the case.
Also, why would you NOT want to use a mouse and keyboard?

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
AC10 said:
sirdanrhodes said:
Controllers in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. are not supported to my knowledge.
I think this is the case.
Also, why would you NOT want to use a mouse and keyboard?
I agree with myself and you! I love mouse and keyboard, much easier than controller.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
because he just wants to OK! - please don't turn this into a controller debate. It happens every fucking time.

and as far as I know STALKER doesn't support controllers, but it is pretty weird that you can't bind the keys anyway. Did you do the calibration test?

DarkMessiah

Dec 29, 2008
I was about to recommend Xpadder, which I use and have found to be a really good programme. However, the last time I was on the website the original creator said he was selling the rights to it, and there was speculation over it becoming a commercial programme.
Having been on the website now, the programme is no longer free. Nonetheless, it's available on http://www.xpadder.com for £10.

The Potato Lord

Dec 20, 2007
To awnser the questions in order:
I've been using the xbox controller much more than the mouse and keyboard set-up so I've grown accustomed to it

I did the calibration test and everything is working as it should be.

Again, thanks for the responses.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Oh yeah, I forgot about xpadder and all those other programs. I'm sure you can still find it for free, but the program is damn near perfect for games with poor or no support of controllers, especially for a "controller emulator".