I need some new music!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Hi People!

I have been looking for some really good music to listen to. Mainstream or Indie, doesn't matter to me. I'm a rock fan normally, but will try anything once. Foo Fighters and Linkin Park are two of my favorites atm, but I listen to pretty much everything (yes, even some country thanks to my girlfriend). I really don't know ANY good DJ's b/c I've been out of the scene for a while, but I love to shake it on the dance floor.

Any help would be appreciated! Just list the band or song and I'll check them out.

Thanks!

Spin

BestialLust

Jan 11, 2008
I'm more on the metal side of music, but there are TONS of metal bands that I can recommend.. However, rather then giving you bands that could potentially take weeks to find (they're THAT low-key) I can give you some of the more well-known metal bands that are still some of my favorites.

Cradle Of Filth - Nymphetamine (Album name) and Thornography (Album name)
Just to list a few of their songs from these albums, so you know what your looking for: Nymphetamine (Overdose), Gilded ****, Coffin Fodder, Under Huntress Moon, Temptation, Lovesick For Mina.

Children Of Bodom - They do a really amazing cover of "Aces High" by Iron Maiden

Slipknot - Snap (Song)

I could list more, but I dunno how much you like metal or not, but the COF Albums I listed are AMAZING.

Esta

Jan 2, 2008
Try incubus, the album morning view is outstanding.

If you like foo fighters, listen to some nirvana, earlier and newer albums of theirs are all good.

Black Flag, album Damaged.

Smashing Pumpkins, album Siamese Dream.
Great songs from them;

Tonight Tonight
Cherub Rock
Geek USA
Space Boy

razor

Mar 3, 2004
Rodrigo y Gabriella [http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=44592846] <- Link is to their MySpace where you can listen to a few of their songs to get a feel. Their cover of Metallica's Orion is my second favorite song, right behind the original.

adamHussein

Jan 11, 2008
Hey, I lurk around here a fair bit and i thought this was as good an opportunity as any to sign up. I reccomend a UK three piece called The Cribs. They're brothers (2 twins, one non-twin) from a small town in England called Wakefield. Really catchy music, For want of better words you could call it indie/alternative, so it might be right up your alley. In some peoples opinion they are one of the most underrated bands to come out of the UK in recent times. They have 3 albums out and they are unique to me because the quality of each album stands up.

Here's their myspace (ugh), i defy you to listen to mirror kissers and moving pictures on there and not want to hear more:

http://www.myspace.com/thecribs

Love this band and I totally urge anyone reading to go listen they got me back into rock music.

Also as an aside, if you like hiphop and can stand a British accent in it, check out Jehst, he puts all of the big American MCs to shame in terms of inteligence, lyricism and wordplay, he also stays away from the lame gangsterism so prevalent in hiphop.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Thanks peeps! Great stuff so far! Keep it coming! As a note, not a big deathmetal fan. Metallica is about as hard as I go, but I love those guys. :) Thanks for all the great advice so far

super_smash_jesus

Dec 11, 2007
If you enjoy foo fighters, you better try out some queens of the stone age. Personally i think that lullabies to paralyze is one of the greatest rock discs to ever come to fruition. Also, as a different genre to look into, i have been a punk fan for a long time, so if you are really into lyrics and what not, give these bands a go ahead:

against me!
Bad Religion
Anti-flag
Propaghandi
NOFX
avenged sevenfold

enjoy!

Chis

Nov 28, 2007
Someone close this thread... there are far too many metal fanatics on this board.

MrE

Jan 2, 2008
its so ez just get metal every kind of metal, well excpet nu-metal

Black- Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth
Death- Six Feet Under, Cannibal corpse, Kataklysm, Behemoth, Suffocation, Decapitated, Dethklok
Deathcore- Heaven Shall Burn
Metalcore(and i dont give a sh!t how much people hate it)- Chimaira, The Black Dahlia Murder, Trivium
Powermetal- Dragonforce, Iced Earth, Blind Guardian

There that should last you awhile and hopefully make you a metalhead \m/(<- then put this everywhere)

nottasellout

Apr 12, 2007
Get some Fela Kuti man he's as punk as anything Black Flag has put out.
Burials-untrue is the tits.
Diamanda Galas amazing singer.
Try Radiohead.

romitelli

Jan 2, 2008
Hmmm... I would listen to Beirut and Wolfmother

Or simply the old stuff, get some Zeppelin or Floyd.