I really think im going to cry

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Feriluce said:
Well, cant you just stay whereever you live when you're at uni? Thats what I'm doing. I live in..I guess you could call it a dorm? Kinda. Its not really connected to the university, but its only students thats allowed to rent rooms here.
I'm currently in the Halls of Residence, which are the flats owned/attached to the University I'm staying at. They kick us out respectfully ask us to leave at the end of June and the next term (and thus, when people could next stay at them) doesn't start until late September.

Which means everyone living in Halls has to go back home.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Amnestic said:
Feriluce said:
Why would you be sad that you have summer break? o_o

Do you have a strange aversion to relaxation and free time?
Or maybe a strange addiction to working your ass off and being stressed?
Being off from Uni (especially for those coming off their first year) often means going back home. For me that means trading whatever hours I wanted and whatever food I wanted to living in what amounts to a slightly large wardrobe, being sure not to make too much noise at all hours, putting up with my annoying siblings and not being free to see my friends in five minutes whenever I want.
I may not be coming home from a Uni but......i can feel your pain.

I have 4 younger sisters, and School gets out this week where i live...

Its gonna be a loooong summer....

SnakeF

Apr 25, 2009
I'm 17 so I'm still in the Sixth Form, after our exams we have to go back and study.

Nikajo

Feb 6, 2009
You kidding? I am SO glad that uni is gonna be over for me in a few days. It's been stressful, difficult and I haven't seen a lot of my friends for weeks on end because I've been working so hard. I'm actually looking forward to going back to work - never thought I would say that! Also because I've been desperately trying not to distract myself I haven't bought any new games for over a month. So I'm planning on buying RDR, Alpha protocol, super street fighter 4 and Alan Wake on tuesday just to compensate. Oh and lots of rum. Plus at some point around my birthday me and a few friends are renting out a place for a weekend and are gonna have a crazy weekend of partying to celebrate.

So in short I will miss nothing about uni. Got my last exam on tuesday then I'm a free man again :)

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Go to graduate school.

Its all the joys of university... without any summer holidays.

Starnerf

The X makes it sound cool
Jun 26, 2008
I'm going to work for the rest of my life, since I graduated last week.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
I'm going home from uni next weekend. It's only a 2 hour drive and I'll be coming back for my mates birthday and driving around the UK visiting gf/mates anyway. Plus I'll have the chance to just play games all day every day and get some new tattoos cos I'll actually have some spare cash. So yeah I'm ok with it but I am gonna miss uni. I'm already at the end of my 2nd year, it's going way too quickly

KSarty

Aug 5, 2008
I got an apartment for college and the school I went do only had a 1 week summer break, so having to go home was not a problem for me.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
Well for me it just means I have to move pretty soon. Staying in school housing off campus is kind of like that.

For me, still will see most of the people I hang out with during the rest of the year

Darth Awesome

Dec 9, 2009
My college is literally 10~15 mins away from home, so I never got to leave.I've always wanted to live in the dorm though ... must be missing out on alot of fun.

Penguinness

May 25, 2010
Legend of J said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Darth vader style*

SO its finally come i have to leave uni for the summer im all packed and now waiting to go.

So i made this on who else unlucky people have finished uni for the summer and are now stuck well...stuck home not so much bored cause ill have my xbox set up by 2morrow night but ill miss the freedom and the fact that i can play xbox all night long.

So what else will people miss from uni?.

Edit: I am dyslexic so forgive the bad grammer and spelling.
I finished my second year of uni about a month ago. It's not so bad cos there's uni friends and home friends, and my gf is at home. I get the impression that everyone thinks im a lazy bastard tho as i've been doing nothing but play games and go out drinking. What's the big rush to get a job?

I think it's been a relatively good thing being at home now, because I've been doing a big group project with a lot of mates and.. after pulling most of the weight and being around them for 4 months or so this semester you get tired of talking =P. What freedoms do you miss out on being at home? I'm pretty free here.

NoblePhilistineFox

Apr 8, 2010
go cry emo kid
(sorry, but I never get to say that.)

I am 17, so I wont be going to uni
and when I get out of school Im gonna join the army for a while(anything to get out of the f**khole town I live in)
and then I was thinking about going to school to be a lawyer.

but for this summer, all of my friends are going to camp or different towns for "mating calls"
they all leave poor nerd me back here T_T
Im sad now...

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Alpha Centauri said:
I'm not going either, I'm going to college, and hopfuly become a RCMP Officer
Good luck and may God be with you. (Oh, and the Force too.)

My summer is going to be spent at the school I'm at. Animation studies are hard...
Better get to work now.

Davrel

Jan 31, 2010
Well I'm leaving university (probably for good) in a week or so...sad times. I don't really want to graduate, I'd much rather remain a student for a while yet...

Bagaloo

Sep 17, 2008
Amnestic said:
Feriluce said:
Well, cant you just stay whereever you live when you're at uni? Thats what I'm doing. I live in..I guess you could call it a dorm? Kinda. Its not really connected to the university, but its only students thats allowed to rent rooms here.
I'm currently in the Halls of Residence, which are the flats owned/attached to the University I'm staying at. They kick us out respectfully ask us to leave at the end of June and the next term (and thus, when people could next stay at them) doesn't start until late September.

Which means everyone living in Halls has to go back home.
They did the same thing to me during my first year. Not that I minded, I did not like most of the people I got stuck with in the dorms.

I believe they do it so they can rent the rooms out over the summer, or at least that was the reason here at Sussex university.

This year I'm living off campus with a bunch of mates, but I'm still going to head home for most of the summer break (despite having this house until early September) to try and get some employment back home. I will miss the freedoms that come with the uni lifestyle, but it's also nice having nutritionally balanced meals cooked for me by a doting mother, as opposed to the usual 'I'm hungry and I can't be arsed to cook anything so I will just eat some crisps' syndrome that I normally develop whilst I'm here :p

Even so, being home does tend to wear a bit thin after a while. It's strange, back before I left for my first year, I was absolutely bricking myself about being away from my parents and having to look after myself. Now that it's coming up to two years of spending the majority of my time away from home, I find that after a while home starts to feel more like a cage with too many restrictions.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
As a recent lazy ass graduate who is taking some time to relax... relaxing is fucking awesome.

Legend of J

Feb 28, 2010
Anarchemitis said:
Alpha Centauri said:

My summer is going to be spent at the school I'm at. Animation studies are hard...
Better get to work now.
O rly?

Cool good luck with your animation...hopefully its the next jazza or david firth in the makin.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Legend of J said:
Anarchemitis said:
Alpha Centauri said:

Better get to work now.
O rly?

Cool good luck with your animation...hopefully its the next jazza or david firth in the makin.
I'd prefer to see myself as the next John Lasseter ;)