I really wonder why I'm even asking this but....

VRaptorX

Mar 6, 2008
....how much more obvious does Square need to make this? Really, hasn't the whole Cloud/Tifa/Aerith thing become so blatantly confirmed by now?

yet I still see on forums and vids everywhere people argueing over who is the couple.

OK.....let's take a look at what Square gave us.

ahem.....

1) in the FF7 commercial it states of the "love that could not be." gee....I wonder which one can't be happenening.
2) At the end of teh game, Cloud imagines Aerith's hand pulling him up
3) In the OFFICIAL BOOK BY SQUARE about her journeys after death to get the lifestream up to fight, it states that she "loved him more than her first love. Cloud was her hero." Well I guess there goes any "She was just hitting on him because he reminded her of Zack" arguements.
4) In Advent Children, he sleeps in her church and is on a quest to die to be with her
5) At the end of the movie, he is riding his motorcycle on a field and she's the only one there
6) in FFTactics and KH1 he is searching for her
7) in KH2 he finds her and they have the whole talk and reunion thing.

Gee.....what has Tifa had compared to this? Her saying "please forget her and move on".....that's about it. besides of course a few flackbacks from 20 years ago when they were both kids...but that's it. Nothing ever to hint that he prefers her more.

So I'll say it once again....how much more does Square need to do before it sinks in to the FF7 fanboys' heads? Really, how much more do we really need before they'll stop?

also on a side note: Nomura (though he ruined Final fantasy in my mind. Stupid graphics over gameplay mantality) has stated that Aerith, Cloud and Barrett are the 3 main characters of FF7. Not Tifa. Tifa is not a main character. She's a supporting character officially.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
Yeah, i do wonder why you ask this.

Tifa was actualy an interesting characters unlike Aerith who was about as interesting as...a crouton, but not nearly as tasty in a Caesar Salad.

VRaptorX

Mar 6, 2008
sammyfreak said:

Tifa was actualy an interesting characters unlike Aerith who was about as interesting as...a crouton, but not nearly as tasty in a Caesar Salad.
Yeah...she was a blatent Mary Sue. Everyone in FF7 could have used some better character development. Really, does anyone even remember the personalities or effect in the plot Sid, Cait Sith, Yuffie, Red had?

Nov 28, 2007
VRaptorX said:
sammyfreak said:

Yeah...she was a blatent Mary Sue. Everyone in FF7 could have used some better character development. Really, does anyone even remember the personalities or effect in the plot Sid, Cait Sith, Yuffie, Red had?
Cid "gave" them the Tiny Bronco, Cait Sith allowed them to get the Black Materia inside the Temple of Ancients and activate it, Yuffie was a teenage hip girl, and Red existed.

VRaptorX

Mar 6, 2008
sammyfreak said:
Cloud was grumpy, Barret was angry. But Tifa actualy seemed to care...and was hot.
I'll debate the female hotness part (since I got nothing better to do than say "Aerith Cloud stuff has gone into Dr Wily made Zero obviousness."

Why is it big breasts means hot? No really. 50lb little twigs for a body and breasts bigger than their head.....am I the only one who things that looks unnatural and really....deformed? Why do so many worship this type of figure? Same with the bleach blonde crap. Sorry but that is not your real color and it shows. You look like a diseased clown on crack with that hair, the overuse of mak-up, stiff bowling ball breasts and every bone in your body visible.

Really, I can't be the only guy that finds that disgusting. Tifa is definatly not in the category I just stated but the "overly large breasts" part does fit with her. Noone else got a whole "wow...those are too big to look good" vibe or is it just me? Not saying she's not a good person or anything (if she were real) but does anyone else have that thought about people in real life that have that same figure?

I assume you sort of understood what I was trying to say (it isn't coming out quite right)

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
Well, i saw the re-imagined Advent Children Tifa before i saw the FFVII one. But she would still be the most interesting character if she looked like a hag.

CodeChrono

Mar 29, 2008
I much preferred Tifa over Aerith. But that's just my fanboy opinion.

Although it was fairly aggrivating the first play through to level Aerith up so much and then to lose her entirely. :(

Plus, I have massive respect for any final fantasy character that doesn't have the overly powerful/huge sword/gun/katana/bow&arrow/whatever. The fact that she fought with fists was a nice touch IMHO.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
Well, fanboys are adamant creatures, so there's no point trying to argue with them. Just move on.

Minky_man

Mar 22, 2008
Nothing is going to come between the love of Cloud and Vincent. I've always wondered why Vin was so quiet around everyone else 0.o

tiredinnuendo

Jan 2, 2008
While I certainly liked Tifa more, I recognize who Cloud was supposed to be with.

That said, I view this as a major failing. This is a story. It isn't real, and therefore you can have characters conform to whatever standards you want. Why didn't they make Aerith better than Tifa? Or maybe just switch them? Why does Final Fantasy always have the main guy character get with the boring girl that no one cares about? I don't want to play as a guy who pines for the most boring girl ever, because it makes it tough for me to relate to that character, and this not only breaks some immersion, but also makes me way less apt to care about the story. And many others felt the same way.

Cloud was supposed to want to be with Aerith, I think everyone knows this. Many people just wish they hadn't done it that way.

Note: I am willing to conceede that Locke and Celes, while technically also guilty of this, wasn't nearly as bad, but that's only because Terra was the main character.

- J

Feb 13, 2008
Mainly because it's possibly to date any of them, including Barrett.

For me, Aerith and Cloud were the star-crossed lovers, never destined to be together and Cloud/Tifa was the real story. A/C was the impossible dream, T/C was the realistic option.

VRaptorX

Mar 6, 2008
nilpferdkoenig said:
sammyfreak said:

Wasn't Tifa only in the game because she had monster tits?

Technically no. Tifa's design was the original design for Aerith. When they added a second female love interest they gave Aerith her look and gave her old look to the new character Tifa.

VRaptorX

Mar 6, 2008
Bit confused on that post. Were you saying Aeris has big tits now? Cuz if so....she sort of always did, just Tifa was much larger so noone noticed. Aeris was packing some in the original.

I can't believe I'm discussing Aerith's breast size.

General Ma Chao

Jan 2, 2008
nilpferdkoenig said:
Na, Tifa had the tits, Aeris was a bit more realistic (as Anmie/Manga goes).

You can't believe that we are talking about boobies?
Welcome to the jungle!
We got fun and games!

Nugoo

Jan 25, 2008
VRaptorX said:
also on a side note: Nomura (though he ruined Final fantasy in my mind. Stupid graphics over gameplay mantality) has stated that Aerith, Cloud and Barrett are the 3 main characters of FF7. Not Tifa. Tifa is not a main character. She's a supporting character officially.
I guess I can't argue with the character designer, but Barret? He was relevant for the first 2 hours of the game, and then again during the whole Gold Saucer prison thing... and that was it. If he had died fighting Dyne, it wouldn't have affected any aspect of the game, except that you couldn't use him anymore.

All right, back on topic. I think the reason most FFVII fans focus on Tifa is because she has a much more interesting personality. And to those who think she looks hideously deformed, everyone was hideously deformed in that game. Her Advent Children design is much better.