I really wonder why I'm even asking this but....

qbert4ever

Dec 14, 2007
VRaptorX said:
I'll debate the female hotness part (since I got nothing better to do than say "Aerith Cloud stuff has gone into Dr Wily made Zero obviousness."

Why is it big breasts means hot? No really. 50lb little twigs for a body and breasts bigger than their head.....am I the only one who things that looks unnatural and really....deformed? Why do so many worship this type of figure? Same with the bleach blonde crap. Sorry but that is not your real color and it shows. You look like a diseased clown on crack with that hair, the overuse of mak-up, stiff bowling ball breasts and every bone in your body visible.

Really, I can't be the only guy that finds that disgusting. Tifa is definatly not in the category I just stated but the "overly large breasts" part does fit with her. Noone else got a whole "wow...those are too big to look good" vibe or is it just me? Not saying she's not a good person or anything (if she were real) but does anyone else have that thought about people in real life that have that same figure?

I assume you sort of understood what I was trying to say (it isn't coming out quite right)
Dude, you'd still hit that, admit it. It's okay, you're with friends (well, a bunch of guys and a few girls on a gaming site, but still).

Anyways, count me in with not really knowing why people care so much about Aerith, I just kind of ignored her for the most part. Call me a heartless bastard if you will, but I thought the scene where she was stabbed was only good because of the "huh, didn't see that one coming" then anything else.

VRaptorX

Mar 6, 2008
No. I'm very picky when it comes to women. And completly disproportioned breasts is a big no. Implants are just disgusting and women should just use what they have.

General Ma Chao

Jan 2, 2008
VRaptorX said:
....how much more obvious does Square need to make this? Really, hasn't the whole Cloud/Tifa/Aerith thing become so blatantly confirmed by now?
People like to argue. Have you ever heard sports fans argue the best pitcher? The best quarterback? It's the exact same thing.

Don't take this as hate, because it's not. The Japanese have a tendency to leave gaping plot holes open. Some say they like open endedness. Others say that the developers just run out of money. I think it's that and the more complicated a story gets, the harder it is to wrap it up. You'll almost need another game to do that.

Lightbulb

Oct 28, 2007
Is ff7 this game?

http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/ff7.htm

Worth playing if i never played a ff game before?

(ps this is intended as a joke not a troll. Please don't get all offended.)

----

On a serious note if i WAS to play a FF game which would be the best to start with?

VRaptorX

Mar 6, 2008
Well if you want older ones (with random encounters) start with 4 or 6. If you want something insanly complex...go with tactics (but not tactics advanced). As for newer ones....try 12 or 9.

Necrohydra

Jan 18, 2008
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
I'd say 9. It takes itself a lot less seriously than 7, but is still really amazing.
Wow, 9 does get a good deal of love on these forums. It's kinda refreshing.

DeVoyd

May 7, 2008
Aw man. FFVII was the first game that I ended up with such a strong emotional connection to that I would say I fell in love with a character. And that would have been Aeris. I found Tifa to be like the sister of a friend, a few years younger and you know she has a crush on you, but you're not interested.

Rolling Thunder

Dec 23, 2007
THat be true- I'd go with seven, but that's merely my opinion.

As it is, Cid was an excellently put together charecter. Ill-tempered, cynical and dreamt of flying. And had spear. So he wound up being levelled up to beyond the point of no return.

And to Minky_Man.... yeah, I'd like to say 'Fuck u u fag jew 1337!' but to be frank you have a point. Vincent hardly ever talks to any of the charecters except Cloud- and now I consider it, I'd say a homosexual reltaionship between Cloud and Vincent is in the realms of the possible. Though I advise you to not consider the possiblities of what would happen with his robot-arm. Or the funny monster-transformation thing.

Nov 28, 2007
Necrohydra said:
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
I'd say 9. It takes itself a lot less seriously than 7, but is still really amazing.
I know. Zidane Tribal is probably my favorite main character in any Final Fantasy game. I can say that without fear of being lynched now.

VRaptorX

Mar 6, 2008
Shadowed Thief said:
It would be hilarious if cloud woke up and it was all a dream
Well.....Zelda was able to do it twice (with the same damn wind fish) and they didn't get slammed for it.

Sasha Janre

Apr 30, 2008
Lightbulb said:
Is ff7 this game?

(ps this is intended as a joke not a troll. Please don't get all offended.)

----

On a serious note if i WAS to play a FF game which would be the best to start with?
Responding to your serious note, I would definitely start with FF7. I started with FF8 and kind of went all over the place. 8, 7, 9, X, XII ....

But when you play it, play it for yourself and kinda .. well, block out what people tell you how to experience it. I told that to a friend who hadn't played a FF game before and it's been working for her. :D (play it for crossdressing cloud as a chick to get into a whorehouse)

Sasha Janre

Apr 30, 2008
thebobmaster said:
Necrohydra said:
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
I know. Zidane Tribal is probably my favorite main character in any Final Fantasy game. I can say that without fear of being lynched now.
I really really liked FF9's story. I replayed it recently and fell in love with the characters all over again. I didn't like how often it and for how long it forced different parties together, but .. really really liked it. Zidane is definitely one of my favourite heroes, though I probably have more of a soft spot for Squall and Cloud.

Zaigou

May 8, 2008
Well there's only 2 things I need to know in this entire situation:
1: Aerith is dead.
2: Tifa is still very much alive.

Personally I know that Cloud chose aerith a long time ago but that doesn't stop me from filling in different parts of the story to my liking.

Meado

Apr 27, 2008
Aeris was the love interest, but then she died. Cloud mourned for her, and Tifa was there to help him through it. Whether they got together between the game and the movie, or after the movie, hasn't been revealed.
Flexing my nerd muscles, Stan Lee pulled the same trick with Spiderman. Parker's original love interest was Gwen Stacy, but the Green Goblin killed her, and Mary Jane was there to help Parker through it all. there's more to it than that (I'm not that much of a geek), but the basic idea's the same.

Necrith

Feb 13, 2008
You could pick who you liked the most in FF VII, Aerith or Tifa?
Whit me it was Tifa, because see had a pair of beautiful eyes i could not stop noticing.

On a Side note, when I played the game, I liked cloud, But now that the movie and FF CC is out.... wtf emo.

And that brings me to the next thing, In Final fantasy Crisis core Aerith will be put in the spotlight AGAIN.
Tifa will hardly be in the game.

VRaptorX

Mar 6, 2008
Well..Aerith does have the whole backstory with Zach. Tifa only had some interactions with. So unless it is Zach that saved Tifa and shoved Seph into the reactor (bad translations are to blame for missunderstanding) then we won't be seeing much of her. Besides, as I said in a previous post, Aeris is one of the 3 main characters and Square is really pushing her as the "official love interest without saying it" character. Essentially....you could argue Aerith has more story in FF7 now than Cloud.

Judging from the movie....Tifa and Cloud were once together (Tifa says, "he isn't here anymore") but then Cloud couldn't get over the guilt and left to be in Aerith's church.

As for Spiderman...yeah Gwen Stacey got cloned, ended up she was the mother of Green Goblin's twins or something like that as well. Same with Ultimate universe. Gwen died from Carnage and now she's back as a clone and is Carnage. Gwen is the dedicated "you will die" character of the Marvel Universe. That's the only role she ever has. Then she comes back, has an arc and then is never heard from ever again.

Feb 13, 2008
Sasha Janre said:
Lightbulb said:
Is ff7 this game?

Looks more like FF8 but it's still very funny. PIE!

FF7 is one of those JRPG's that Yahtzee hates and I really like. How D&D used to be played.