I saw my best friend naked

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
It's hardly a big deal. I've seen several of my friends naked in the locker room at the gym. In your case there's a surprise factor which will make it a little uncomfortable in that exact moment, but it's not something that will linger on unless you make it awkward yourself.

I have had a female friend change clothes in front of me and that was rather uncomfortable since we hardly knew each other back then, she is very attractive and I am uncomfortable in those kind of situations. The solution was simple. I looked away and I didn't talk about it and she didn't talk about it.

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Tell me again.. but slower.. =D

It's only a big deal if you make it such. I don't think any of my mates have seen me nekkid and the only friend I've seen in that state was one who finally followed through on the to-then empty promise to show me her boobs if I did her a favour.

I've walked in on non-friends undressed before. That was when I was basically a young lad in an impressionable age and they were like proper adult ladies - my friend's mum sunbathing and an actress in her dressing room. Good times, good times.

..where was I? Oh yeah - going to work. Ahem.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm a straight guy and one of my best friends is the first girl I ever had a crush on, and also literally the hottest woman I've ever seen in real life (and not for lack of competition, since I've lived in the 4th largest city in the USA for 28 years).
She lived with me in my room and slept in my bed next to me (purely just as friends) for 6 months, and I accidentally saw HER naked a couple times.
I never told her so she wouldn't feel super awkward, but god damn if THAT didn't contribute to making things ultra-complicated for me.

THAT will be burned into my brain for the rest of eternity.

So yea, at least it should be a comparatively simple situation for you girls?

Is that a silver lining? *unsure*

FirstNameLastName

Premium Fraud
Nov 6, 2014
I came here expecting to find someone insecure about the comparative size of their manhood. When I read that it was two women, I thought/hoped it was going somewhere interesting. But this...

What's the big deal? Did she have five nipples or something? A second anus where her belly button should be? Maybe another face growing from between her legs? No? So she was just a normal looking person? Then what's the big deal? What is there to get over? Just be even more careful next time.

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
Well, I don't think there's anything to do about it.

Just take it from everyone here, it's not a big deal, in fact, it's nothing. There's 0 reason to be worked up about it at all.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
Clearly a sexy pillowfight is in order. To the death. How else shall we please the old Gods, who slumber upon their tentacled thrones?

OT- Just make jokes about it. Humor is the best way to overcome awkwardness. After all, there is no better way to forget how much of an awkward loser you are than to make fun of how much of an awkward loser you are.

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
As someone coming from a culture where one of our most treasured traditions is to go into a hot room naked with your friends and hit each other with a bunch of tree branches, I can only scoff and say "Pfft, silly Americans". I really don't know what else to say. Is this really something to get over? It happened, nobody was hurt and apparently your friend was okay with it. Just treat it like the awkward-but-funny-afterwards situation it is, and move on.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
I'm no stalker or anything, but I noticed that your posting history has you describing yourself living with your best friend (male) and his parents calling you "adopted son"..

Not that I'm making any accusations..Just a bit confused really.

Experiment? Asking for friends/anons? Another room-mate?

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Lots of anti-American comments in here.

I'm curious, how do Americans get on watching Game of Thrones? Quite a lot of female nudity in that.

Sansha

There's a principle in business
Nov 16, 2008
BathorysGraveland2 said:
Meh, it was pretty funny. I'd say don't get bothered by it. It's just flesh, at the end of the day, and nothing we haven't all seen before. Just laugh at it and move on. It truly is no big deal and nothing to warrant negative emotions.
I agree with this. It's just meat, baby.

My house has four housemates: myself, my fiancee, my best friend, and her boyfriend. It's not unusual for any of us to be nude in public spaces at any time, and it doesn't affect us anymore. Hell, #1 house rule is 'Pants Optional', followed by 'Profanity Encouraged' and 'No Drama'.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I'm a male... just to clarify, male and females have a little different view on this? maybe?

Anywho:
I'm not too much help here since I see a bunch of my best friends naked almost weekly when we have our Sauna nights. The Sauna is the best thing ever (Finland reporting in) and it invlves alkohol (just one or two) and everyone in there naked. Same goes when we go into sauna in swimming resorts or something, big sauna, loads of random people, all naked. Guessing it's a cultural thing?

I mean we don't run around naked all the time and depending on the situation, like being in a sauna it's socially acceptable and basically a rule to be naked. Walking in on someone, might be a bit different, but when I still had my roommate around we usually walked naked through the house after a shower and there was nothing weird going on there.

Maybe have a short but honest conversation about what happened between yourselves and ask how she really feels about the whole thing? I guess you already did, but apologise in the moment again, nothing wrong in saying you're sorry for coming into her room a bit more casually than usually.

My personal thoughts are it isn't that big a deal. But then again I am neither of you so what do I know :p

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
OP? Look here!
Zhukov said:
Really?

That's a big deal?

I've seen many of my friends naked, especially when I was still in school due with sports change rooms. I've walked in on friends, housemates and family members more times than I care to count.

I just said, "Whoops, sorry", walked back out, and that's all there was to it.

I realise the naked human body is generally a private thing, but at the end of the day it really is just a body.
This.

Seen family, friends, etc.

All accidental.

All swiftly forgotten (of course not without a flurry of embarrassment on the parts of all involved) in a matter of minutes/hours.

Nothing to worry about really. Unless you're like...confused as to whether or not you're really just "friends" with her. ._. This would certainly be something of a watershed moment in that case.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Sleekit said:
IceForce said:
it's not "anti-American" to state something that is largely true about America...

also..."Lots" ?...i count just one that could be misconstrued as such...mine.

this because i agreed with you isn't it ? :p

bahahahaha /facepalm
I'm sorry, but what the hell is your problem?

And what do you call these comments?
VanQ said:
Deal with it. Unless you're American. In which case I sincerely apologize for your very high likeliness to be triggered by female nudity/sexuality.
bartholen said:
I can only scoff and say "Pfft, silly Americans". I really don't know what else to say.
????

TravelerSF

Nov 13, 2012
Guffe said:
I'm a male... just to clarify, male and females have a little different view on this? maybe?

Anywho:
I'm not too much help here since I see a bunch of my best friends naked almost weekly when we have our Sauna nights. The Sauna is the best thing ever (Finland reporting in) and it invlves alkohol (just one or two) and everyone in there naked. Same goes when we go into sauna in swimming resorts or something, big sauna, loads of random people, all naked. Guessing it's a cultural thing?

I mean we don't run around naked all the time and depending on the situation, like being in a sauna it's socially acceptable and basically a rule to be naked. Walking in on someone, might be a bit different, but when I still had my roommate around we usually walked naked through the house after a shower and there was nothing weird going on there.
Finland - We just love to get naked!

It's a bit puzzling to be honest. Don't other countries have gym classes or public swimming pools where you're bound to see other people of the same sex naked anyway? I mean that kinda took the edge off it for me. But Finland IS a bit more open about this anyway. I mean it's totally ok to go swimming butt naked on your private property and if your neighbor catches a glimpse, they're the jerks for looking.

If your friend seems to be mostly ok with it, I guess the only thing you could do to improve things is to ensure her that you'll knock in the future. I think intruding her privacy was the worst offence here. Can't do much to help with that image though, suppose you'll forget it in a while.

RavingSturm

May 21, 2014
I got kinda accustomed to family nudity. Everybody was rushing off to work and there was only one bathroom in our rented apartment when I was growing up. You got dressed right out the gate after your turn in the bathroom. I just accepted that sort of thing. No big deal or drama.

Bellvedere

Jul 31, 2008
Yeah it's not really a big deal. Just because you don't particularly want to see someone naked doesn't mean that it has to be awful if you do accidentally catch an eyeful. I've seen a lot of friends naked (both same and opposite gender) - particularly housemates. The shower in our current house is crazy quiet, I've walked in and been walked in on in the shower so many times in the past year alone.

Plus it could be worse: one of my friends woke up just as they were about to get peed on by one of their drunk housemates (he was fortunately able to avoid - their dog was not so lucky).

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
IceForce said:
Sleekit said:
IceForce said:
it's not "anti-American" to state something that is largely true about America...

also..."Lots" ?...i count just one that could be misconstrued as such...mine.

this because i agreed with you isn't it ? :p

bahahahaha /facepalm
I'm sorry, but what the hell is your problem?

And what do you call these comments?
VanQ said:
Deal with it. Unless you're American. In which case I sincerely apologize for your very high likeliness to be triggered by female nudity/sexuality.
bartholen said:
I can only scoff and say "Pfft, silly Americans". I really don't know what else to say.
????
It's a stereotype that America is super-christian and super puritan. Chill out a bit, it's a joke. The whole "won't somebody please think of the children" thing isn't helped by certain media critics that criticize anything remotely violent or sexual.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
TravelerSF said:
Finland - We just love to get naked!
We do don't we :D

Just got home from the gym and standing naked cooking while typing this ;)

-Hello, laaadies! :p