I saw my best friend naked

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
It's just a body.

I used to have martial arts class at a health spa. Showers in the locker rooms. Ten naked guys milling around. It seemed kinda weird, but that was mostly because I was maybe twelve years old. I think it was the age difference more than the actual nudity. I didn't have the body or confidence of an adult. Stuck in those years when you're too old to be a child but too young to be grown-up. I never showered there, though I did have to go down to underwear to change out of the uniform.

Saw my dad naked once. I was up two hours earlier than normal, fixing myself coffee in the kitchen, and he comes striding out of the bathroom, bold as brass. Didn't know I was there. I spun away but the image had burned itself in good.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
Just be happy that her 'little box of fun' didn't burst open on moving day in the middle of a cul-de-sac.

That was my box of horrors, by the way. And my best friend had to pick that shit up.

Now? We just laugh about it. Seriously! You just saw another woman naked, whoop-de-doo! Hit up the internet. You can see TONNES of other women naked too. Some of them aren't even human! Just laugh it off. It's not overbearing, weird, or anything. And you're not gonna catch 'The gay' for seeing her. XD

Just be happy you don't have to pick up cock-rings and Velcro cuffs up in a public cul-de-sac on moving day.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Err just be open about it as in tell her that honestly, you feel embrassed by it all? Being a good friend she is, she should be understand by it.

I admit I had a similar situation but it was my fault for not knocking in the first place but it wasn't as bad as the OP (he still had his underpant on but still!)

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Beautiful End, can you please post a reply? I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to say to all this feedback, is all.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Not a problem, i think it would have been more of an issue if you were male. Just got to stop dwelling on it and continue on like normal. When i was about 16 i walked in on my aunt when she was naked (im male) and that was awkward. But after apologising, though it wasnt my fault, things went back to normal. Just dont obsess on it.

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
I have showered and old class mates and gone to sauna with most of my (male and a few female) friends, change on the beach with the transition state being naked.

I honestly feel people should not feel so bad about these things and the world would be a better place in terms of body tolerance.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Since you're a girl as well, I believe that you've already seen everything she got more than once. On yourself.
So why is it awkward? Why are people so awkward about nudity? Especially friends? I understand seeing your parents naked, that's kinda weird. But I honestly don't see the problem why seeing a friend is awkward. I've seen a lot of my friends naked, they have seen me. My hometown is on a river and during the summer we go swimming (or at least went swimming while we were younger, it's damn cold now). Late spring, early summer we would go swimming right after school and well, we didn't have any swimwear. We would jump in in your underwear and later take it off and put on our cloths.

Honestly, it's only as awkward as you make it. Also please learn to knock on the door and wait for a "come in". That solves pretty much everything.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Propose to strip naked to even the score and then passionately make out? Idk what else to say, that's how I resolve all of my problems.

Chris Moses

Nov 22, 2013
I'm an "at home" nudist, but I do wear clothes around mixed company (or people I don't know too well). Given that, most of my friends are comfortable seeing me naked and vice verse.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Vendor-Lazarus said:
I'm no stalker or anything, but I noticed that your posting history has you describing yourself living with your best friend (male) and his parents calling you "adopted son"..

Not that I'm making any accusations..Just a bit confused really.

Experiment? Asking for friends/anons? Another room-mate?
Ha! It's their last thread and everything.

Who knows, a lot can change in six months.

Rblade

Mar 1, 2010
as stated above maybe this is different for women but as a guy that showers with his sports team on a weekly basis this kind of thing is no big deal at all to me. As long as you don't catch your friends or roommates boning or something I think the deal is only as big as you make it.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
Similar things have happened to me quite a few times while staying at friends places. It usually went like:

*walk into room*
*ooop, friend is naked*
Say something like "oh, I'll come back in a minute."
*leave and come back in a minute*
*They are no longer naked and usual things resume*

Sorted. No further awkwardness occurred and the incident was never mentioned again. This is because none of the people involved thought it was a big deal. Don't make a big deal out of it and it won't be a big deal.

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
VanQ said:
IceForce said:
Sleekit said:
IceForce said:
Lots of anti-American comments in here.
it's not "anti-American" to state something that is largely true about America...

also..."Lots" ?...i count just one that could be misconstrued as such...mine.

this because i agreed with you isn't it ? :p

bahahahaha /facepalm
I'm sorry, but what the hell is your problem?

And what do you call these comments?
VanQ said:
Deal with it. Unless you're American. In which case I sincerely apologize for your very high likeliness to be triggered by female nudity/sexuality.
bartholen said:
I can only scoff and say "Pfft, silly Americans". I really don't know what else to say.
????
It's a stereotype that America is super-christian and super puritan. Chill out a bit, it's a joke. The whole "won't somebody please think of the children" thing isn't helped by certain media critics that criticize anything remotely violent or sexual.
It's because American shows are fine with things like Hannibal where they pull a guys tongue out of his throat like a necktie, but Game of Thrones cannot show an erect penis as this would be "threatening" and Janet Jackson had to apologise for daring to have a tit.

Also, the biggest scandal is the idea that celebrities dare to have sex, so much so that certain companies actually force their clients to push purity rings and remain publicly pure. Hell, they consider impeaching Presidents for a little post-war blowjob, whereas in France or Italy it's expected for men to blow off some steam.

Also, Anti-American? Jesus, laugh at yourselves a little.

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Let me get this straight. You are living with this girl and she isn't in any way related to you or romantically attached to you. You need to knock that shit on the head mate, if she isn't going to be your girlfriend your wasting your time living there.

I think your problem is not that you saw your friend naked but that you are living with a girl who you aren't going out with or related to. Get together with her or move out and find a girlfriend.

My mates have seen me naked and I've seen them naked but its never been awkward, as I don't live together with them or deep down want to have sex with them.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
BiH-Kira said:
So why is it awkward? Why are people so awkward about nudity?
Because most of us grow up in societies that condemn nudity as a bad creepy thing... hell further more it is outlawed in most countries.

OT: I had to get through it pretty early on because most schools only have communal showers, and that is no shortage of strange. Took me quite a few years still. But it's really only awkward because we make it so, humans are fucking naked that is what we actually look like, the sooner you get over that the better. Also makes things much more comfortable once you go that route with partners so you don't have to be scared as hell of just being naked, not to mention everything else.

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
Honestly, it's not at all a big deal. Hardly a deal to begin with, if I'm honest. I've seen both pictures of my best friend naked and his junk in person (both of us are male, if that adds any context) and it's nothing more than a running gag (YOU IN THE BACK: STOP SNICKERING). The stories surrounding these are actually pretty funny. I don't know what the culture around that kinda stuff is like in the States, but you really should just brush it off or better make a joke out of it. It may even strengthen your friendship (although your mileage may vary).

Also, let me just say that some of these responses make me so happy on so many levels.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
There's nothing wrong with what happened. You saw her naked, so what? It's not a sin, it's not evil or wicked, it doesn't mean your secretly a lesbian (unless you are, I dunno, but the act still doesn't mean it made you one). You just saw her in the buff. Get over it, it's really not a big deal. You're winding yourself up over nothing.

Robert Marrs

Mar 26, 2013
Really should not be a big deal. I am a guy and I have seen other guy friends naked either on accident or something like skinny dipping, slightly to crazy party etc. Its only weird if you make it weird. Also I am american since people seem to think americans are prudes about nudity. Most of us could care less but old farts who make the rules have not died off yet.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Vendor-Lazarus said:
I'm no stalker or anything, but I noticed that your posting history has you describing yourself living with your best friend (male) and his parents calling you "adopted son"..

Not that I'm making any accusations..Just a bit confused really.

Experiment? Asking for friends/anons? Another room-mate?
I can explain that. I'm both genders.

I'm kidding, no no no! Lol well I am a girl and she was also a girl(different roommate still) but that other friend knew I liked this site. I was afraid she might notice someone posting a very specific situation like the one I described and find out it was me. It sounds silly but at the time is was kind of a big deal for me. She did mention she tried googling how to stop that awkward situation she had created and reading a few topics about it; I don't know if she incidentally read mine or something.

So for future reference, yeah that might happen. I've actually lived with 7 different people in over two years.