I still have my pride!

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
We all know that the inhabitants of the Escapist like preety much everything. Sports, Anime, Gaming, Manga, Role playing,etc. But what is that one thing wou swear you would never do just because of how ridiculously nerdy it looked?

Me, Dungeons and Dragons. I'm probably just an ignorant douche and I should actually play it, but I just can't. It just seems so lame.I probably watch to many pop culture rips on it, so my opinion is biased.

So what about you?

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I haven't found anything I'll refuse to do in terms of being too nerdy. If I have fun doing it, I'll do it, regardless of how it looks on me.

Dahni

Lemon Meringue Tie
Aug 18, 2009
Mention games in front of non-nerds.

I made that mistake once. I was greeted with a bunch of laughter and "SINCE WHEN WERE THEY PUTTING XBOXES IN KITCHENS?"

JIst00

Nov 11, 2009
Tbh, Ive always fancied DnD myself, I used to play a lot of HerosQuest when I was a kid, and Im kinda curious about it. Funnily enough the better half and mme were discussing this t'other day, and the reason I'd never given it a go was the same as what u said urself.

skitzo van

Mar 20, 2009
I wouldn't consider it roleplaying, but I have dressed in sweatpants, an over-sized t-shirt, and a crudely made top hat. So I don't think there's anything too nerdy for me.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
I actually can't think of anything. I've done everything from World of Warcraft to Guitar Hero to Madden to Dungeon and Dragons (As well as the MMO). If those are some of the peaks of nerd stereotypes, then I'm a flat out ultimate nerd.

SnootyEnglishman

May 26, 2009
I don't give a damn if something i have fun is considered "nerdy" or "geeky" all that matters is if I'm having fun and using my imagination. Now you sir shouldn't listen to what the pop culture idiots say because they're opinions change radically based on how much money they are paid.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Even though I sword fight my friends with hockey sticks , (man thats two years old) I slightly consider full on larping kind of too nerdy for me. Like, getting dressed up and playing out my character. I've always actually wanted to, and come very close to it...but what sounds like fun on paper ends up being wierd in real life.

a7r0p05

Dec 10, 2008
When I read the question, I thought this:
marter said:
I haven't found anything I'll refuse to do in terms of being too nerdy. If I have fun doing it, I'll do it, regardless of how it looks on me.
Until I read this:
SugarMama said:
I could never, in good conscience, LARP.
The latter is the true statement for me.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
For me, "nerd" is not a negative term. What some may take pride in avoiding, I consider a mark of pride in and of itself.