I still have my pride!

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
marter said:
I haven't found anything I'll refuse to do in terms of being too nerdy. If I have fun doing it, I'll do it, regardless of how it looks on me.
I agree - if it looks like fun, and/or the people involved are interesting/bearable, I'll give it a try. Thus far, I've only managed to rule out LARP and a couple of sports as things I won't try due to breaking both of those rules...

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Too nerdy? Bwahaha!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go to the supermarket dressed as Solid Snake and ask for some leftover boxes.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
I would totally LARP. LARPing sounds awesome, at least ones without magic. I saw some crazy video of Swedish LARP and they were all marching in uniform in the woods.

I'll probably never LARP or play D&D because of the people I hang out with, though. So MMORPG RP servers is where I'll stay.

And I wouldn't go to anime conventions but that doesn't really count since I don't like anime to begin with. So I wouldn't cosplay...

Oh, I wouldn't listen to "Geekcore" or whatever it's called. Usually it is low-production value music with nerd references thrown in just to get an audience.

Dapsen

Nov 9, 2008
*sigh* I have LARPed before... but only once!

I'm too proud to ever LARP again.
[sub]GOD I LOVE THAT WORD![/sub]

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Vohn_exel said:
ultrachicken said:
Vohn_exel said:
I slightly consider full on larping kind of too nerdy for me. Like, getting dressed up and playing out my character. I've always actually wanted to, and come very close to it...but what sounds like fun on paper ends up being wierd in real life.
You can LARP without dressing up, and most character based things involve buying new ways to hit people or gaining resistance to arrows and whatnot. You can find moderate LARPing leagues.

Nothing is too nerdy for me!
Yeah I actually found a place near Dallas that did it but I just never could quite get into it. I mean it sounded cool on paper but reciting a spell in an actual fight was somewhat lame, lol. Maybe I was just underwhelmed, thinking it'd look as awesome as it sounded, or something.
I've never heard of reciting a spell. The way I do it is each spell has a colored bean bag, and if you throw it at someone they'll know what it means.
P.S: mages are boring anyways

Socius

Dec 26, 2008
lilmisspotatoes said:
Are you kidding? I do things precisely BECAUSE of how nerdy they look!
^This.

Doing things that you like without caring about what other people thinks about it is the very prime of individualism! I respect people like that!

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
ultrachicken said:
Vohn_exel said:
ultrachicken said:
Vohn_exel said:
I slightly consider full on larping kind of too nerdy for me. Like, getting dressed up and playing out my character. I've always actually wanted to, and come very close to it...but what sounds like fun on paper ends up being wierd in real life.
You can LARP without dressing up, and most character based things involve buying new ways to hit people or gaining resistance to arrows and whatnot. You can find moderate LARPing leagues.

Nothing is too nerdy for me!
Yeah I actually found a place near Dallas that did it but I just never could quite get into it. I mean it sounded cool on paper but reciting a spell in an actual fight was somewhat lame, lol. Maybe I was just underwhelmed, thinking it'd look as awesome as it sounded, or something.
I've never heard of reciting a spell. The way I do it is each spell has a colored bean bag, and if you throw it at someone they'll know what it means.
P.S: mages are boring anyways
I dunno, it's how they did it. I think it was called Amptguard or something similar to that. It was kind of fun but they took it waaaay too serious and it was impossible to have fun. My friends and I "sword fight" each other to have fun, not as a competitive sport.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Vohn_exel said:
I dunno, it's how they did it. I think it was called Amptguard or something similar to that. It was kind of fun but they took it waaaay too serious and it was impossible to have fun. My friends and I "sword fight" each other to have fun, not as a competitive sport.
Looks like if you found a more casual league you would have fun with it. Think having sword fights with your friend on a massive scale.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
ultrachicken said:
Vohn_exel said:
Looks like if you found a more casual league you would have fun with it. Think having sword fights with your friend on a massive scale.
I dunno. It was a very personal thing to me. I mean, we invited everyone but really it was just for us to hang out and have fun together afterschool, and then just during weekends once we all started working. I do enjoy it but I've never been particularly good at it, and I don't like competeing with random strangers. It's why I stay away from multiplayer in games. I'd much rather just have fun with myself and friends then "mess up" someone else's fun when I'm in a group.

We actually did the moves, back when we started out. I kind of came up with the system, but some of the other guys ended up not liking having to remember the "spells" and then my friend that goes overboard with everything went overboard with it so that we couldn't really use them if he had his...so now we just whack away at each other and I keep a mental note on everyone's powers incase I talk them into useing them, lol. The main reason we kept doing it after we got older is because I had started writing a story about it, and whoever won on the field won in the story. It's somewhat where "Vohn Exel" comes from.

Chogg Van Helsing

May 27, 2010
well considering that in the summer me, captain pancake, sneaky llama and ghostknifefish are making and fighting in box armour coz we seen it on that advert... nothing lmao

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
Nothing is too nerdy for me. I want to get into DnD but I can't find anyone else to play it with, LARPing is awesome, as is cosplaying, gaming, writing fanfiction and studying topics considered to be nerdy, all of which I do. I take pride in my nerdiness.

Necator15

Jan 1, 2010
There isn't really anything I wouldn't do because it's just too nerdy.

However, there are several things I wouldn't do because I think they're stupid for instance: Take an active interest in anime, manga, WoW(again), or D&D(again).

Then there are things I couldn't do because I couldn't take myself seriously while doing it, like LARPing. It sounds like it would be fun, but christ, I would pick up the sword, and then start laughing so hard that I would pass out.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Chogg Van Helsing said:
well considering that in the summer me, captain pancake, sneaky llama and ghostknifefish are making and fighting in box armour coz we seen it on that advert... nothing lmao
Yeah, fuck pride when you can lather yourself in cardboard chivalry!