I still have my pride!

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
As many have said here, LARPing. Yeah, it was fun when I was a wee little girl, and it was aided by the random clothes in the dress-up chest. Now, though, I feel like LARPing would wind up having to be so serious, it would be a demonstration of being out of touch with reality.

Still, though, I think it would be fun to have a pair of gauntlets. They're just badass.

Snarky Username

Elite Member
Apr 4, 2010
Well, I rarely show my true nerdiness unless prompted by other nerds. But the two things I will never ever do ids LARP and Warhammer. I've never tried D&D but I would if I had the chance.

Snarky Username

Elite Member
Apr 4, 2010
Erana said:
As many have said here, LARPing. Yeah, it was fun when I was a wee little girl, and it was aided by the random clothes in the dress-up chest. Now, though, I feel like LARPing would wind up having to be so serious, it would be a demonstration of being out of touch with reality.

Still, though, I think it would be fun to have a pair of gauntlets. They're just badass.
Actually, I've heard on a documentary about vampire LARPing that Role Play can actually stimulate creativity and intelligence. The only time it gets out of hands is with people who were already nuttier than a squirrel's stool. Just a little fun fact for you.

Daipire

Oct 25, 2009
Dahni said:
Mention games in front of non-nerds.

I made that mistake once. I was greeted with a bunch of laughter and "SINCE WHEN WERE THEY PUTTING XBOXES IN KITCHENS?"
Yeah, assholes respond to girl gamers with cruelty and cynacism.
Nerds (the nice shy ones) respond to girl gamers in awe.

Frankly, I find girl gamers to be hot.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Wearing a Zombie costume to school for Halloween

and the year before that, wearing an old lady costume to school for halloween (I hadn't come to love my facial hair yet, but I did have sideburns)

I thought I would never do things like that, yet I did anyway. And I won the costume contest, as I damn well should have!

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
Does sneaking around (and sometimes being successful) count, if so, I'm pretty damn nerdy.
Vohn_exel said:
Even though I sword fight my friends with hockey sticks , (man thats two years old) I slightly consider full on larping kind of too nerdy for me. Like, getting dressed up and playing out my character. I've always actually wanted to, and come very close to it...but what sounds like fun on paper ends up being wierd in real life.
I've done this too (but not on camera). Also I used Lightsabers (I can't remember how long I had them).

Really, the only thing I think I won't do is LARP.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
SUPA FRANKY said:
We all know that the inhabitants of the Escapist like preety much everything. Sports, Anime, Gaming, Manga, Role playing,etc. But what is that one thing wou swear you would never do just because of how ridiculously nerdy it looked?

Me, Dungeons and Dragons. I'm probably just an ignorant douche and I should actually play it, but I just can't. It just seems so lame.I probably watch to many pop culture rips on it, so my opinion is biased.

So what about you?
You are an ignorant douche and should just play it. It is not "nerdy", only dickheads think that. Sorry if I come of as angry, but I'm sick of this stigma towards D&D.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I am apparently going to join the trend and say Cosplay and LARPing. I think Cloud's Advent Children costume looks awesome--on him. Not on me. I would spend too much time being worried that the costume didn't look right.

Pokedude1013

Oct 27, 2009
What an odd topic title
AND DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS IS AWESOME

it gave boss monsters its first job
you realize without DnD
we woudln't have...
RPGs

not the weapon either

NoNameMcgee

Feb 24, 2009
The only 'nerdy' thing I do is play video games, and occasional photoshopping if you would consider that nerdy... Apart from that, I can't think of anything I do that's nerdy... In answer to the question, I will do absolutely anything as long as it appeals to me, it just so happens that few nerdy things actually appeal to me. So I wouldn't consider myself a nerd, regardless of my few nerdy qualities I definitely don't qualify to fit in the clique and I think most people who met me would agree.

Vilcus

Jun 29, 2009
Nothing in the world is too nerdy if you find it entertaining. Hell, if I had the time and resources I would totally go out of my way to do all the nerdy things in the world.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
Vohn_exel said:
I slightly consider full on larping kind of too nerdy for me. Like, getting dressed up and playing out my character. I've always actually wanted to, and come very close to it...but what sounds like fun on paper ends up being wierd in real life.
You can LARP without dressing up, and most character based things involve buying new ways to hit people or gaining resistance to arrows and whatnot. You can find moderate LARPing leagues.

Nothing is too nerdy for me!

Croix Sinistre

Oct 25, 2009
I probably would never collect a ton of plush toys from various games/anime/cartoons and take a picture of myself posing with them. In my underwear.

You know you've seen these people.

Anghellika

May 24, 2010
I personally couldnt do the following:
This is a big one
Croix Sinistre said:
I probably would never collect a ton of plush toys from various games/anime/cartoons and take a picture of myself posing with them. In my underwear.

You know you've seen these people.
Or doing anything that involves renaissance fairs.

But is it wierd I wouldnt mind dressing up as Cortana or one of the girls from Final Fantasy?

Srdjan

Mar 12, 2010
It can be interesanting, if you have a VERY good GM, but if you don't want to play it don't, for whatever the reasons, it's not epiphany or something.