I Think Obsidian is Trolling Bethesda

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
KingsGambit said:
trunkage said:
Is anyone worried about this being released next year? They only just finished PoE 2 6mth ago. And they only got bought a little while ago. Seems like they won't come up with a polished product or that product is smaller than the average RPG.
They've been working on it for a long time, in secret. This was developed by a separate team alongside other projects. PoE was crowdfunded so paid for itself, while this one seems to have a traditional publisher, though hopefully unlike Alpha Protocol, I hope Obsidian retained ownership of the IP.

They're only announcing it now because they were ready to show it off, but it's had a significant development cycle.
I'm getting to a stage where I think Larian out develops Obsidian. I have never held Obsidian to the lofty heights some people do, even to the stage of fabricating evidence for and against Falout 3/NV, even if I think the latter is superior. PoE wasn't a return I wanted and even though I own Deadfire for months, I still havent play it. Just thinking about how they structure games taxes me. Hope this is good, and it does look good, but I know what Obsidian are like. I hope MIcrosoft levels of money will push this into the great territory