I wanna play Pokemon but there are too many to choose from.

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
Hi, I've recently gotten a nostalgic Pokemon itch. I played Pokemon last time yeaaaaars ago. The Pokemon games I've played are Blue, Yellow (1st gen) and Gold (2nd gen).

So to keep this short, what of the many Pokemon games that I haven't played would you recommend to me? What's the best one to go with?

P.S.
I have no interest in multiplayer or pokemon trading.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I never really played past Gold/Silver. I'd recommend Fire Red/Leaf Green. I've heard they are really good for people familiar with the original generation.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Black and White. It's the Most Recent and is specifically designed for new people to use a starting point. Also, It's got the most post-game content (tons of new areas and pokemon from Gens 1-4 appear).

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
HeartGold/SoulSilver. Or Fire Red/Leaf Green. Failing those, if you want more of a 'story', go for Black/White. Diamond/Pearl and Platinum were a bit short for my liking as Pokemon games, though Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald are pretty good too. Basically, you can't really go wrong. If you want to soothe your nostalgia in the easiest way possible, go for the remakes of the first or second Gen. Otherwise, any of them are really good enough. Just know that Black&White start off pretty slow, even for Pokemon, because of a larger emphasis on story-telling.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Well if you want to bring back the nostalgic but with something new to it I guess you would feel right at home with HearGold and SoulSilver (the same old Gold and Silver games but with several new features and also the Pokewalker is a good way to get you to walk more to get more Pokemons).

While I would suggest the latest version Black and white (or Black and White 2) but depending how fast you can learn about the new stuff like the Natures and personalities then I would think HeartGold and SoulSilver is the first stepping stone to get back into the franchise for you.

Frission

Until I get thrown out.
May 16, 2011
Pokemon Black and White 2 is nice.

Although if you're just starting just just Soul silver or Heart gold.

WaywardHaymaker

Aug 21, 2009
You can't go wrong with FireRed/LeafGreen or HeartGold/SoulSilver if you want to scratch your nostalgia. If you want something new, my personal recommendation is Black/White, seeing as there aren't ANY old Pokemon in them until you finish the story. That way it's like you're playing a brand new Red version back in the day.

OniaPL

Nov 9, 2010
Okay, so seems like I'll go black/white. Any recommendations on which version? i remember red and blue had different screen colors and such, any important differences i should know about here?