i want fallout 5 to be in russia

wings012

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 7, 2011
Country
Malaysia
China would be the more interesting place being the other major superpower. With a huge American invasion ongoing when it all went to crap.

You could even have a bit of Americana still going on and familiar tech like the T-51 Power Armours while basing the game in China. Surviving remnant US forces would have set up shop and rebuilt their own slice of America wherever they are. Just like how the Shi set up shop in San Fran and recreated their own Chinatown. Might be a stretch but I think it's possible to keep the 50's Americana to some degree with enough creativity.

sageoftruth

Jan 29, 2010
One important thing to remember is that it isn't a Fallout game if it doesn't have that hokey feel to it like it was written and themed in the 1940s. With that said, I wouldn't mind seeing what the year 2050 as depicted by people from 1940 would look like in Russia, or some other country.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
I wouldn't mind seeing Bethesda give Fallout to Obsidian, or ressurrect Black Isle and Troika Games and just give it back to them. Then there might be a Fallout game that didn't gut the animal and wear its skin as a disguise.

Whatever FO3 and 4 was, it wasn't Fallout.

You can make Fallout anywhere ... but all you're asking for is set dressing with a Fallout theme. If Bethesda treated FO: Russia like they treated anything else ... then it doesn't matter. It literally doesn't matter. It's set dressing while trying to see the deep blue in a shallow pond.

Let's face it .... when Bethesda made FO3 you could either be bad, or retarded. If you played FO4 you could be retarded bad, or just retarded. It doesn't matter wherever they set it. Those will be your two options regardless. "Why do I need to sacrifice myself? Why do you, the tactical 'mastermind' and the plot device that divorces me from having to do *anything* between Liberty Prime and your literal pride (Oh Todd Howard, you) have to sacrifice yourself? There is clearly a better option here. Hey Fawkes! No? Nevermind -- doihoihoihoi ... needless martyrdom is 'heroic' ... doihoihoihoi."

That will be Fallout: Russia. That. Maybe with less Nuka-Cola.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
People keep asking for this shit, and my response keeps being the same: Fallout is a satire of Americana. The very premise is inseparable from America and American culture.

If you want a Fallout set outside of America then you don't want Fallout, because the series to its very core, even now with Bethesda at the helm, is about America.

If you want a post-apocalyptic game with black humor making fun of your own culture, get your own country's game devs to make it, because thats the only way you'd get anything close to what you want anyway.

kiri3tsubasa

Jan 24, 2016
Metro 2033, their. That is Fallout in Russia. Notice anything familiar? No, well to bad. That is what a Fallout game in Russia would look like.