I want Obsidian to make the next Elder Scrolls game

Ovoon

Feb 10, 2011
I love Bethesda. The problems that plague their games fly right past me, and I enjoy everything that they... develop.

However, I want more elder scrolls. There are so many more regions to see, and in my opinion, the engine setup for Skyrim is good enough for me. So I want to see them pump out more Elder Scrolls games! I don't really care for Obsidian, but I really did enjoy Fallout New Vegas, in some ways more than Fallout 3. But if they announce that Bethesda and Obsidian will do annual Elder Scrolls games every two years, I'll be a happy camper. That way I think we will see all of those regions that we have been dying to explore for years! And we wont have to wait 5 years every region.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
The Elder Scrolls is Bethesda's creation and should stay with them, and this is coming from someone who enjoyed F:NV more than F3. Bethesda know how to make an ES game and know all the lore and all that, whereas Obsidian might screw some things up.

HumpinHop

May 5, 2011
I would rather see quality games than excuses to show off a new region.
Not familiar enough with Obsidian to make any judgement on that aspect though, but I do like what Bethesda has done with the series so far.

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
It should stay with Bethesda.
There's no need for faster releases.
Now we have time to mess around with mods before the next one gets released.
You don't get such good quality mods if the games get released too fast.
But I would like some more DLC like Oblivion had the Shivering Isles.
In fact, I would love to revisit to the Shivering Isles in Skyrim.

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
I doubt it'ever happen. But it wouldn't hurt if they let Obsidian do some kind of TES spin-off/DLC. 'Cause if there's two things that TES games are missing, it's engaging stories and memorable characters - both of which seem to be Obsidian's specialties (judging mostly by the stuff they took over from BioWare).

M4t3us

Oct 13, 2009
Hmmmm, Bethesda, as in Awesome games with a ton of midly annoying bugs...
Obsidian, screwing up sequels since KOTOR2 with a metric **ckton of machine freezing bugs...

No!

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Maybe if they did a collab with Bethesda for a DLC or something to add some characters in, I wouldn't want them to do a full game though.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
Ovoon said:
But if they announce that Bethesda and Obsidian will do annual Elder Scrolls games every two years, I'll be a happy camper. That way I think we will see all of those regions that we have been dying to explore for years! And we wont have to wait 5 years every region.
Right, but we'll run out of regions in a few years. As it stands, the series could last most of our lifetimes and that idea fills me with glee. Furthermore, I like that they take really long between games, because it not only means that they're putting a lot of effort into improvements and new mechanics, but also that the modding community has a long time to make really cool stuff.

If anything, making Elder Scrolls games come out (bi-)annually would require a lot of recycling, so all the regions you've been dying to explore would start to look boringly similar thus defeating the whole purpose. I don't want Elder Scrolls to go the way of Assassins Creed, man. I want every new release to matter.

Culinus

May 16, 2011
The problem I have with Obsidian is that they're games are usually full of bugs. They seriously need to bring up their quality control to a reasonable standard. But as far as their actual game design and story writing goes it's quite good.

Anjel

Mar 28, 2011
I wouldn't mind if Obsidian did something with the Elder Scrolls series but would be reluctant to suggest that make something progressive. I wouldn't mind if they snatched up the rights to release Morrowind and Oblivion using the latest engine - I'd even pay for the games and if they suck I can always fall back on the originals by Bethesda.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
Culinus said:
The problem I have with Obsidian is that they're games are usually full of bugs.
I picked up Dungeon Siege 3 which I think is one of theirs not long ago and it seems they've learned a lot since the old NWN days. As for them making TES6, am I missing something there? There seems to be no link between Elder Scrolls and Obsidian, why would they make the next one?

Ditzydoo

Nov 15, 2011
My Elder Scrolls games are buggy enough really, I dont need Obisidian making even more bugs for absolutly no reason what so ever so yeah, no thanks to an Obsidi TES :p

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
What's with that mentality of having more games in shorter time? Who even came up with that nonsense? Oh right. Console market. Sorry.

Games like TES are popular thanks to their longlivety. Thanks to the fact that even years after there are people modding the crap out of them. Throwing out a subpar product every 1-2 years would completely divide the community and make many ambitious mod project pointless because by the time they are finished a new game from the series would be out.

13 years between BroodWar and Starcraft2, 11 years between D2:LoD and Diablo3. Proper time frames for polished, finished products. One year between DA:O and DA2 - not the way games should be developed.

Sordak

Oct 5, 2010
Obsidian is just way too girly.

keep it hardcore.

In my mind Obsidian is the Bioware version of Bethesda. i know that makes no sense.
But realy i LOVE Skyrim to bits. I dont need limitations even if i have to saccrifice better companions for that and get some bugs in the game.

Rabish Bini

Jun 11, 2011
Jove said:
Obsidian made an inferior KOTOR game and Fallout game, I would have a stroke before I hear them even think of making an Elder Scrolls game.
I'd argue that. I thought KotOR II had the potential to be far better than the first in every way, but unfortunately the whole time schedule kerfuffle with Lucasarts ruined that.

In fact, if you look past the flaws, I think the second just edges out the first.

Mick Myers

Nov 16, 2011
Keava said:
What's with that mentality of having more games in shorter time? Who even came up with that nonsense? Oh right. Console market. Sorry.

Games like TES are popular thanks to their longlivety. Thanks to the fact that even years after there are people modding the crap out of them. Throwing out a subpar product every 1-2 years would completely divide the community and make many ambitious mod project pointless because by the time they are finished a new game from the series would be out.

13 years between BroodWar and Starcraft2, 11 years between D2:LoD and Diablo3. Proper time frames for polished, finished products. One year between DA:O and DA2 - not the way games should be developed.
Gonna have to agree here, (Duke Nukem Forever aside). This poor idea of "More games = better" has become rampant and ridiculous. Honestly, I think the console idiots & CoD / Madden are to blame (bigger number every 6 months to a year and 'OMG ITS THE BEST THING EVER *Retarded console user slobber*). And where did you (Aimed at ovoon here) get "every 2 years" from? It's been, what, 4 years since Oblivion? 5? The reason Skyrim is such great quality is because they took their time on it and gave the community what they wanted by occasionally making Oblivion better by adding good quality DLC (minus the ripoff horse armor) while they perfected (minus occasional bug/glitch which is to be expected) Skyrim. Pump out more games quicker and you will lose fan-base not only because the games not be as in-depth or great quality, but no-one will have enough time to truly enjoy them because your pumping out more half-assed games every few years.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
No, however I would say, let Obsidian develop Fallout from now on, and Bethesda can focus on the Elder Scrolls completely :D

Its win - win since we get the best possible Elder Scrolls experience, and the best possible Fallout experience