I was suprised

jad4400

Jun 12, 2008
I just saw the movie Ghost on HBO the other night (the movie with Patrick Swayze) (there was nothing else on). I thought it was going to be some lame chick flick, but as it began to progress it got really good. Has anyone else thought the same way with this movie or any other movie?

Yan-Yan

Jan 13, 2008
I've had it happen with some movies, sure. Not Ghost in particular, but occasionally a movie will shock me.

Larenxis

Dec 13, 2007
Considering the incredible amount of movies I've seen, it's bewildering that I have to say no, I've never been that surprised. I guess I expected Love, Actually to be good but as soon as it started I knew it would suck, so I'm not sure that counts.

Xhumed

Jun 15, 2008
Mean Girls. My mum and sister forced me to watch it, and i actually enjoyed it.

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
I agree on Mean Girls, it actually turned out to be quite a funny movie. I thought it would suck like most things focusing on high school bitching.

Kikosemmek

Nov 14, 2007
Speed Racer went beyond anything I thought it would be, and I'm glad I went to see it.

Nugoo

Jan 25, 2008
Stardust. It was everything I hoped for, but nothing like what I expected.

John Galt

Dec 29, 2007
Mamma Mia. Didn't think I'd like the it(musicals aren't my thing). Then upon seeing it at a local theater, I couldn't stop humming along to the music. The particular company that performed it did a really nice job.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Die Hard 4, I thought it was gonna be crap, but it was pretty good, so good in fact that when I saw Transformers later that same day, Transformers was AWEFUL because Diehard was so good.

Larenxis

Dec 13, 2007
PedroSteckecilo said:
Die Hard 4, I thought it was gonna be crap, but it was pretty good, so good in fact that when I saw Transformers later that same day, Transformers was AWEFUL because Diehard was so good.
Not quite the only reason.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
No, actually. I actually heavily research the movies I watch, before actually watching them. Not so great, I know, but I can't meself.

The_Toe_Bighter98

Mar 22, 2008
Pans Labyrinth, I hadnt heard of it before but it wasnt like anything I have ever experienced. For one, I wont shut up about it when talking to my friends when it can be referenced in anyway.

Xhumed

Jun 15, 2008
Kikosemmek said:
Speed Racer went beyond anything I thought it would be, and I'm glad I went to see it.
It was like lollipops for my retinas

jad4400

Jun 12, 2008
Johnn Johnston said:
Sorry to rain on your parade, but:

Ghostbusters > Ghost
I agree if I had to pick between the two it would be Ghostbusters.

Stammer

Apr 16, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
Transformers is my second favourite movie.

I was surprised in a bad way about that "Balls of Fury" movie. I actually went to go see the advanced screening with tickets I won. After all of the commercials and previews I saw of it I thought it was going to be the best movie ever. Boy was I wrong.

Inversely, my favourite movie turned out to be one I never thought would have been that great. Appleseed. I know it's an Anime movie, but damn if it doesn't have one of the coolest storylines ever.

rayman 101

Jun 7, 2008
I was expetcting transformers to be some lame power rangers movie, but when I lef the cinema after watching it, I was like: "That was $%^&ing AWESOME!"
Those were some of the sickest special effects I've ever seen. The scene in New York I think, was just pure awesome mayhem.

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
I thought DieHard4 was really good which surprised me as it had been going rapidly downhill after the original. 1&4 are the only good ones really.